/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Story of a young man with strong desires

jameelash
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
salam
Story of a young man with strong desires

A young man came to a shaykh and said, “I am a young man with strong desires. I cannot help looking at people when I am in the bazaar(market). What do I do?” The shaykh handed him a cup of milk that was full to the brim, and told him to deliver it to an address that would take the young man directly through the bazaar (market).

He then instructed the young man that the milk should not spill, and the man said that it would not. The shaykh then summoned one of his students and told him to accompany the man through the bazaar to the destination, and to severely beat him if any milk were to spill.

This man successfully took the milk to the destination and returned to give the good news to the shaykh. The shaykh asked, “Tell me, how many sights and faces did you see in the bazaar?” The man replied incredulously, “Sheik, I didn’t even realize what was going on around me. I was only fearful of the beating and disgrace that I would have to endure in public if a drop of milk were to spill.”

The shaykh smiled and said, “It is the same with a believer. The believer fears that Allah may disgrace him in front of the entire creation on the Day of Judgment if his faith were to spill over from his heart.”

Such people save themselves from sin because they constantly remain focused on the Day of Judgment !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Loren
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow! 'Spilling the milk in the market place'. Awkward. :hmm:

abcdcool2012
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
nice story

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-21-2013, 01:38 AM
I love this story :) Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing.

- cOsMiC

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SyrianFellow
04-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Love it! Will keep this in mind every time I go to school inshAllah.

sohail1234
05-23-2013, 04:48 AM
assalam o alikum
love it

snowflake122
05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Assalamu alaikum

A good reminder for all of us . Jazaka Allahu khair for sharing.

Abdul Rafay
06-01-2013, 02:36 AM
This is why Rasulallah [SAW] encouraged us to marry early. But sadly this Sunnah is being neglected.

Ali Mujahidin
06-01-2013, 03:15 AM
Interesting anecdote. I noticed that there was also another effect of keeping his eyes on the cup of milk which was that the young man lowered his gaze instead of hunting, with his eyes, for all kinds of dainty eye candy.

So, for those who are young and impetous like the young man in the story, a good thing to do is to marry as soon as possible. If that is not possible, then it would be good to lower your gaze when you are going about your work. If that is also not possible, then I suggest looking for a rat. A dead rat. A dead rat that had been dead for days. A dead rat that is rotting and have worms crawling out of its flesh. Take a long and good look at this dead rat. Then next time you see a woman you shouldn't be looking at, imagine how she would look like with rotting flesh and worms crawling out of her. That should cool down the ardor of most young men.

Periwinkle18
06-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Read it a couple of days ago nice story :)

bangaliteen
06-03-2013, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
salam
Story of a young man with strong desires

A young man came to a shaykh and said, “I am a young man with strong desires. I cannot help looking at people when I am in the bazaar(market). What do I do?” The shaykh handed him a cup of milk that was full to the brim, and told him to deliver it to an address that would take the young man directly through the bazaar (market).

He then instructed the young man that the milk should not spill, and the man said that it would not. The shaykh then summoned one of his students and told him to accompany the man through the bazaar to the destination, and to severely beat him if any milk were to spill.

This man successfully took the milk to the destination and returned to give the good news to the shaykh. The shaykh asked, “Tell me, how many sights and faces did you see in the bazaar?” The man replied incredulously, “Sheik, I didn’t even realize what was going on around me. I was only fearful of the beating and disgrace that I would have to endure in public if a drop of milk were to spill.”

The shaykh smiled and said, “It is the same with a believer. The believer fears that Allah may disgrace him in front of the entire creation on the Day of Judgment if his faith were to spill over from his heart.”

Such people save themselves from sin because they constantly remain focused on the Day of Judgment !

:ma:

Very good story and inspiring

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!