/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Relationship with the Quran

KnockKnock
02-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Assalam Aleikum

I would like to know what's your personal relation with this book. Do you read daily, monthly, ramadanly (lol). Is anyone currently trying to be a Hafidh or already one and would you mind sharing practical tips from personal experience? I admit, I get lazy when I read Quran and when it comes to other things, laziness is no problem. Maybe this is from Shaytan or just my lack of Iman. I would like to get your responses and advice for this Book. Thanks and Jazakumallahu Kheir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
03-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam,

I love to try and understand the meanings of the Holy Qur'an, through trying to understand the Arabic language, reading Tafsirs and reading the books of many scholars which elaborate on many of the verses and concepts in the Holy Qur'an. I don't read it sitting down all the time, but I always research on it's meanings to try and delve into it's hidden messages.

As for memorization, I am terrible at it. I can memorize if i continuously try to learn some verses for a week, but other than that I can't do much.

KnockKnock
03-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Alhamdulilah. Can I ask how many Surahs you memorized or how much Ayat you memorized? I'm just really curious

Ahmad H
03-01-2013, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KnockKnock
Alhamdulilah. Can I ask how many Surahs you memorized or how much Ayat you memorized? I'm just really curious
Sadly, not many. I count myself to have memorized only 21. All of them are short Surahs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KnockKnock
03-06-2013, 03:45 AM
Alhamdulilah. I have about the same amount memorized but InshaAllah we keep on going because the harder it is for you and I, the more reward and the more blessings we receive from it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2013, 03:58 AM
:sl:

Check out the excellent Qur'an series here:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-stud...pecial-people/

KnockKnock
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
JazakAllahu Kheir these are very motivating

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!