/* */

PDA

View Full Version : don't be like them

Muslim sister.
03-04-2013, 02:33 PM
In The Name of Allah the Most Compassionate Most Merciful.

Dont be like them.

“A woman entered Hell because of a cat which she tied up and did not feed, nor did she let it loose to feed upon the vermin of the earth.”*

'' The first among those who will enter hellfire is a scholar, a worrior, and a donor. Because they did their deeds o ly to gain praise from people. It will be said to them : you wanted people to say, and it was said''

'' The bankrupt is rather who does many good deeds that are as enormous as a mountain yet they slander this person, they take the right of that other person, they trangress against that one...etc''

'' While a man was walking flattered by his outer appeareance , thick hair and fine outfit he was made to sunken into earth(because of pride, arrogance)''

'' The most distant one from me in the day of judgement is that person of bad manners''

May Allah protect us

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
03-05-2013, 01:16 AM
These are very difficult matters indeed. Showing off is what everyone does these days. To be able to be humble instead is a great challenge. May Allah help us all.

sohail1234
05-18-2013, 05:49 AM
assalam o alikum
May Allah Almighty provide us strength so that we follow the teaching of islam to save ourselves from the helfire

greenhill
05-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Salaam,

Yes it is indeed scary when we seriously think how easy it is for us to earn hell fire or even stripped off our our good deeds for our carelessness and arrogance.

I was informed, as an example, of over praising a Doctor like "Thank you Dr. for saving so and so's life. If not for you, surely so and so would have . .(died) . " is syirk because the Dr can only put in the effort, the final outcome is in the hands of Allah and not the Dr.

We have, in the conducting of our daily lives, often thank directly the person who has helped us out in situations without ever considering that the person helping us is the 'instrument' of Allah. We should thank Allah first as well as acknowledge and show appreciation for the help given by that person (and perhaps give him dua that Allah may return his kindness).

So often we do and say things without seriously thinking of the consequences. We assume that it is the 'norm'. Where I come from, there are many muslims who will exclaim 'laa illah!' when something happens without finishing off the statement with '...ha ilallaah!' It is common to shorten things, I understand, but saying it that way rubs me up the wrong way. I would often finish off the shahada for them when I hear them say this and they would look at me. Some would thank me for the reminder of what they just did while others treat it as though they did nothing wrong!

:hmm:

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!