/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim journalists

Innocent Soul
03-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Assalamualaikum

What do you all think about Muslims becoming journalists to potray the Islamic perspective? Will it be of any use? So you think Muslims joining journalism is not good? why?

Journalists in democratic countries?

Please share your views. I want to know more about Muslims taking up highly reputed jobs.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
03-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Depends on which publication they join.

IN the British tabloids, you have those that are Islamophopbic, and those who are sympathetic to Muslims, and then you also get some maverick Muslim media companies that are exclusive to Muslims - cue "emel" http://www.emel.com/

I guess the bottom line is, whether the Muslim journalists are willing to compromise their integrity for the sake of a tabloid story, or if they'll hold on to their ethics and not just submit their work for the sake of a bonus ;)

Scimi

Muslim Woman
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
:sl:

Muslims journalists , bloggers should try to create positive image of Islam and Muslims . But as bro already stated , they may not get a chance to do it .

If owners / publishers do not want it , they won't assign them to cover positive news or wont' select the news for publication :(

but they should try .

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2013, 06:48 PM
If I thought that I could help islaam as a journalist then I would.

But may Allah forgive me, I start thinking about Rizq as a journalist and provisions and the devil diverts me.

We need true journalists portraying the truth for islaam indeed. Im sure we already have many. But more are still needed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!