/* */

PDA

View Full Version : she's sad b/c she's unmarried

جوري
03-09-2013, 10:01 PM
She is sad because she is unmarried and is asking for advice

ar - en

Share |

Sheikh, I am 29 years old, I have not married yet. I always ask Allah to bless me with a righteous husband who helps me religiously and in life. I am sure that Allah will answer my prayer soon. I know all the preferable times of making dua. My problem is that I feel that every act worship I do is being done for the sake of answering my prayer. I fast because the dua of a fasting person will be answered, I pray late at night because making dua while praying late at night is accepted, I pray the sunan so that I become closer to Allah that He accepts my dua. In brief; I feel that all my worship is not purely for the sake of Allah, and this feeling suffocates me. What shall I do?
Another thing is I am very tired because of remaining unmarried, I keep asking Allah knowing that He is the most generous, most bounteous, but I fear my sins, I fear my dua is not being answered because of my sins, what shall I do? Please sheikh, advise me and make dua for me. Please, please, ask Allah to bless me with a righteous husband, better than I deserve. May Allah reward you and bless you with the highest paradise.

Praise be to Allaah. Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good” [al-Nisa’ 4:19] “and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know” [al-Baqarah 2:216]. It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: I was riding behind the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) one day and he said: “O boy, I shall teach you some words. Be mindful Allaah and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Allaah and He will protect you. If you ask then ask of Allaah, and if you seek help then seek help from Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you in some way, they would not benefit you except in something that Allaah has decreed for you, and if they were to gather together to harm you in some way, they would not harm you except in something that Allaah has decreed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2516). You should note that what you have to do is to be content with your situation and realize that what Allaah has chosen for you is the best, and you missing out on something may be a good thing. Do not let the whispers of the accursed shaytaan affect you and lead you every which way. Rather you should be as our Lord likes you to be, and accept His decree and thank Him for His blessings. Ponder the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon you, and do not worry. Keep yourself busy with worship of Allaah and make a program for yourself so that you can wake up for Fajr prayer and then read Qur’aan and adkhaar and du’aas. Attend lectures and reminders and Islamic conferences. Through this program you will be able to relax and find peace of mind. Always comfort yourself with the words of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “How wonderful is the situation of the believer, for all his affairs are good. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks for it and that is good for him; if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him. This does not apply to anyone but the believer.” Narrated by Muslim (2999). Be kind to yourself, and remember that there are millions of women like you who are not married, but many of them may be happier than many of those who are married. May Allaah open your heart to contentment with His decree and give you peace of mind about your situation, and fill your heart with happiness. You are better off than many others! Does your sorrow at not being married increase when you see a woman and her husband and children going on a trip? Does this remind you that you are alone and without a husband and children? Does it make you feel that you have been wronged, or that you are unfortunate, or that you are deprived? Wait a minute, do not let these negative feelings and frustrations prevail over you and increase your sense of sadness and sorrow. You have seen only one aspect of this family’s life, but there are many other aspects that you have not seen. Perhaps if you saw the wife who has a hard-hearted husband who shows no compassion, and you heard her complaints about her continual suffering with him, you would praise Allaah for saving you from marriage. If you sit with a divorced woman who laments her fate and says that she regrets having married, and you listen to her as she complains about how much she put up with and how much she suffered until she got her divorce, and regained her sense of security, perhaps you will praise Allaah for not having got married and suffered what she has suffered. If you think about what thousands of wives are suffering and what may others whose marriages ended in divorce have had to put up with, this will reduce many of the feelings of regret that you have because of not being married. This way of thinking will dispel your feeling of having been hard done by, and will replace those feelings with a beautiful sense of contentment, which will earn you the pleasure of Allaah, as I told you in the previous message. Remember your friend’s complaints about her husband yelling and being angry all the time, and how you have been saved from that. Remember your neighbour who left her home weeping after her husband beat her and hurt her. “I have reached my forties and am not married, and I praise Allaah for everything that He has decreed for me. At first I felt sad and upset whenever I was alone, and I regretted my misfortune every time one of my friends got married. I did not have any conditions or specific characteristics in the man I wanted to marry; I was prepared to accept any righteous man. But years went by without this man coming to me. I began to withdraw from people so that I would not see their looks of pity but I could not escape them completely, because I would see them in the eyes of my parents and siblings who would pray for me every time they saw me. One day at the end of Sha’baan, as we were preparing for the blessed month of Ramadaan, Allaah guided me to keep a Mus-haf just for myself. I decided to read the whole Qur’aan and I found it very difficult to read it because I had stopped reading for the last ten years. I also found it difficult to understand some verses, so I bought a book of Tafseer (commentary) and I started to read it so that I could understand the verses of Qur'aan that I was reading. Ramadaan ended but my attachment to the Book of Allaah did not stop; I carried on reading the verses of Allaah and reading the commentary thereon. “Then came the day when I read the verse in Soorat al-Kahf (interpretation of the meaning): Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope [al-Kahf 18:46]. I wondered, what does the good righteous deeds that last’ mean? I found in the Tafseer that it refers to all righteous deeds. “I fell in love with righteous deeds such as prayer, fasting, charity, tasbeeh, tahmeed, tahleel and takbeer. Happiness began to fill my heart and I became content. I praised Allaah greatly for guiding me to this path and teaching me these things.” Sister Umm Yamaan adds: “But this is not a call for monasticism, rather it is a call to accept the will and decree of Allaah.” Ghayr Mutazawwajaat walakin Sa’eedaat (Unmarried but Happy) 1/4-7 by Muhammad Rasheed al-‘Uwayd. But every girl should understand that the purpose of life is to be a true slave of Allaah in both the specific and general senses. If she has the opportunity to establish a Muslim household, then the girl will be worshipping Allaah by getting married and raising children, and raising for us the generation that we want. But if that does not happen, then the ways of worshipping Allaah in general are many, foremost among which is calling people to Allaah. So she should focus on women who have deviated from the path of Allaah and take them as her daughters and guide them to the straight path of Allaah. “The one who calls people to guidance will have a reward equal to theirs, without it detracting from their reward in the slightest.” So regard the Muslim community as your home, and be like a beacon of guidance, truth, justice and knowledge, and let us advise one another to adhere to truth and patience. “Surely, Allaah wastes not the reward of the Muhsinoon [those who do good]” [al-Tawbah 9:120]. Ghayr Mutazawwajaat walakin Sa’eedaat (Unmarried but Happy) 1/12 by Muhammad Rasheed al-‘Uwayd. See also the answer to questions no. 21234 and 72257. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tearose
03-10-2013, 02:58 PM
jazaki Allahu khair for posting this ukhti, it's really nice. I am in a similar situation to the sister who asked the question, and so are some of my friends. I try not to worry about it at all, In sha Allah I will try to make the best of whatever situation comes my way, whether that includes marriage or not. There were some very nice words in that reply, very motivating.

Iceee
03-10-2013, 04:03 PM
So basically, we need to remember that life is full of surprises. You may think you will get married some day and it might turn out you won't. What the woman who is asking the question is saying that Allah knows all. Allah knows if and when we are getting married and to whom you are getting married to.

Patience is key my dear muslim brothers and sisters.

Cabdullahi
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm done with the whole marriage thing...might change my mind in the future.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Loren
03-10-2013, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
Reminds me of an old saying about women.

"You can'tlive with them and you can't live without them". LOL

Iceee
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
Agreed, even though I am only 18 :p

Abu Loren
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Agreed, even though I am only 18 :p
Ice man I'm seriously worried about you.

aadil77
03-10-2013, 06:05 PM
it gets harder as you get older

but best to remember there's more to life than marriage

Iceee
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
Ice man I'm seriously worried about you.
I'm worried about you too.

جوري
03-11-2013, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tearose
jazaki Allahu khair for posting this ukhti, it's really nice. I am in a similar situation to the sister who asked the question, and so are some of my friends. I try not to worry about it at all, Insha Allah I will try to make the best of whatever situation comes my way, whether that includes marriage or not. There were some very nice words in that reply, very motivating.
Egypt has 12 million unmarried sisters, Saudi Arabia has 4 million unmarried sisters just to give you an idea in numbers.. please don't feel alone or like a pariah or that there's something wrong with you. I'd love to get into geopolitical and socioeconomic reasons of why this is the case. I'd love to tell you all what incredible gems you're and that you're simply a product of the time. Nothing that yields east nor west, one that places undue expectations on women and yet at the same time makes exemptions for men. One that expects you to make concessions rather than request elevation from the other party and one that artificially prolongs every stage in your life with undue burdens, financial stressors, requires from you massive education yet rewards you not for your achievement and then has you stranded in the mill of life empty with no meta hopes or aspirations.
Societies that value flash over substance, enamored by your western counterparts yet by the same token d@mning you for not competing and at the same time d@mning you for covering. And then at the end of the day an a hole comes to tell you how it is all your fault for not marrying at 3 yrs of age because that's what he construes marriage in Islam to mean even though the four criteria for marriage are so unassailable and transcendent.
What is there left to say at the end of the day save I am sorry you're a product of a brave new world. You belong to everyone and yet no one at all!

:w:

Abu Loren
03-11-2013, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Egypt has 12 million unmarried sisters, Saudi Arabia has 4 million unmarried sisters just to give you an idea in numbers..
I don't want to start a civil war by saying that may be it's because of the quality or the lack thereof of the men in these countries. I don't know much about Egypt but certainly it's been reported that Saudi men neglect their wives and there are so many problems there. The men usually go to Bahrain, Dubai etc on a Thursday night after work (Friday and Saturday are leave days) and return on Saturday night or early Sunday morning after visiting bars, brothels of these countries.

May be these sisters shoul look for pious and believeing men outside of their countries.

No offence intended.

جوري
03-11-2013, 03:20 AM
No offence intended.
I am not offended but both those countries (which I have read quite extensively about) and saudi came as a surprise to me were mostly due to economic reasons. Unemployment and high mahr rates. The average age for marriage for city folks is 29-30 in Egypt. And some men do seek wives from elsewhere who don't make many demands of job or money. It is actually one of the many reasons you see many revolts in this countries. People have set themselves on fire and that's no way for a Muslim to be.
But yeah, failed leadership and stringent economic conditions. And unlike the west where they can screw anyone or go to a sperm bank to capture motherhood before it is too late, people in the middle east simply learn to live with these afflictions.

Iceee
03-11-2013, 03:23 AM
May be these sisters shoul look for pious and believeing men outside of their countries.
And how will they do that?

Abu Loren
03-11-2013, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
And how will they do that?
Shout from the rooftops.

جوري
03-11-2013, 03:30 AM
Shout from the rooftops.
:haha:

then you'll just end up competing with men fishing for men lols :D

Iceee
03-11-2013, 03:33 AM
Shout from the rooftops.
True True...

sohail1234
03-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Assalam O Allikum
Do not worry about it and just believe on Allah Almighty he fulfill your all desire very soon. Never lose hope in any situation and prayer for yourself. Ask the Allah Almighty he gave you what is best for you he surely listen your prayers and answer it. There is a certain time for every thing and when the time comes every thing become fine.

Paprika
03-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Women always cry about not being married. Men are much more resilient, two of my uncles never married and not a day I heard them complaining.

In summary, marriage is nice from far, far from nice.;D

Oi, I am not from Pakistan.

Abu Loren
03-19-2013, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
Women always cry about not being married. Men are much more resilient, two of my uncles never married and not a day I heard them complaining.

In summary, marriage is nice from far, far from nice.;D

Oi, I am not from Pakistan.
Salaam bro

I always thought that marriage is not for everybody. However, all Muslims tell me that one must complete the other half of the deen. In my opinion some people are better off not being married.

ardianto
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
I got married because I need someone as a partner in my life, and marriage is the only halal way to have life partner.

Iceee
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I got married because I need someone as a partner in my life, and marriage is the only halal way to have life partner.
Salaam.

I agree. Men may choose not to get married which is okay. But do they have desires? GF? Anything haram? Marriage is needed for them Inshallah.

Paprika
03-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Salaam bro

I always thought that marriage is not for everybody. However, all Muslims tell me that one must complete the other half of the deen. In my opinion some people are better off not being married.
Yah, I've heard that one too. My bro is 35 and not married and tbh I don't think he should marry either. It is a sunnah and also many people would not be able to stay away from zinah if they dind't get married. So even with all it's complications marriage may still be a blessing if it helps you to stay away from zinah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!