جوري
03-12-2013, 01:28 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
ما معني هذه كلمة؟
"يك"
أري هذه كلمة في سورة مؤمن من القرآن.
و لا أفهم معنها
سأكون مشكورة جدا إن تخبرني معنها
there's no such sura and no such word in suret almomnoon if that is the surah you intended..

if you use lam yaku shyaan or lam takun it means (was not even a thing mentioned) a naught..
please quore the proper verse and proper surah so we can help you.

:w:

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Here is it. and two more ayahs in same surah. it contains word "yaku". what is its meaning?

and also meaning of لا جرم in thsi ayah:

جوري
03-12-2013, 01:37 AM
The first from suret ghafir means means that there faith availed them not or counted for naught or profited them not!

the second
la jarama from suret Hud means there's no doubt or without a doubt in the context of the verse.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 01:39 AM
both are from Surah Momin akhtee

جوري
both are from Surah Momin akhtee
NO, they're not, also there's no suret mo'min!
why not quote it from the Quran then?

Bint-e-Adam
http://ahadees.com/arabic-surah-40-85.html
this is surah Momin... Ayah 85 and 43

جوري
03-12-2013, 01:44 AM
http://ahadees.com/arabic-surah-40-85.html
this is surah Momin... Ayah 85 and 43

here are the ayas you've quoted the first from suret ghafir:

Ghafir (The Forgiver)[40:85]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Falam yaku yanfaAAuhum eemanuhum lamma raaw basana sunnata Allahi allatee qad khalat fee AAibadihi wakhasira hunalika alkafiroona

جوري
03-12-2013, 01:47 AM
I just looked at this link of yours and you're aware that suret ghafir is entitled momin in your link.
Who gave you that site?

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Nope. it is not shiites thing. i think many surahs has two or more names. here it is named as Surah momin.In my Quran too it's name is Surah Momin. it is not sunni or shiites thing. i dont beleive in sectarianism. i am only a muslim. and proud to be so. i think it is also named as Surah Ghafir. here are ths same ayah Numbers that i told you. 43 and 85.

from here.http://quran.com/40

جوري
03-12-2013, 01:52 AM

Use this if you need urdu:

http://quran.com/1

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 01:54 AM
dear akhtee. this same name is also used in Our Quran too in our Homes.
there is nothing wrong except it is named other one.

جوري
03-12-2013, 01:55 AM
I am not aware of this two names thing. It is up to you but this is the first time I've heard of another name being used for suret ghafir even if the quote is accurate from suret ghafir # 40. and I'd like to believe that I am well acquainted with the Quran.

Ahmad H
03-12-2013, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I am not aware of this two names thing. It is up to you but this is the first time I've heard of another name being used for suret ghafir even if the quote is accurate from suret ghafir # 40. and I'd like to believe that I am well acquainted with the Quran.
Salaam,
I have followed these posts on this thread here. Yes, it is true that Surah Al-Ghafir is also named Surah Al-Mu'min. Take the time to look online, you will find it.

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
yups.. i was saying the same akhee :) jazakALLah khair

Amat Allah
03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Our beloved and dear sister Seeking -Hidayat is right my precious beloved sister شادن Surat Ghaafir also called Surat Al Mu'min and Surat Attawl here you are read here:
ســــــــــــــورة المؤمن

1- ســــــــــــــورة المؤمن
الأدلة على التسمية
وردت تسمية هذه السورة في السنة حم المؤمن روى الترمذي عن أبي هريرة قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله وسلم " من قرأ حم المؤمن إلى إليه المصير وآية الكرسي حين يصبح حفظ بهما " الحديث.
وبذلك اشتهرت في مصاحف المشرق،
وبذلك ترجمها البخاري في صحيحه والترمذي في الجامع.
وجه التسمية
ووجه التسمية أنها ذكرت فيها قصة مؤمن آل فرعون ولم تذكر في سورة أخرى بوجه صريح.

2- ســـــــورة الطول
وتسمى أيضا سورة الطول لقوله تعالى في أولها (ذي الطول) وقد تنوسي هذا الاسم.

3- ســـــورة غافر
وتسمى سورة غافر لذكر وصفه تعالى غافر الذنب في أولها. وبهذا الاسم اشتهرت في مصاحف المغرب.

this info taken from the book Attah'reer waAttan'weer for Ibn Aashoor which has gathered the names of the Qur'aan and it's Suras from different sources as Qur'aan itself, hadiths and the sayings of Sahabah, Salaf and Mufassireen

if you wanna read some outlines about the matter then go here:

http://www.ala7ebah.com/upload/t10770.html

Sorry the link is in arabic and the book I am gonna post is also in arabic my dear and precious Sons and Daugters of my beloved Ummah ^-^

Download this book if you can read arabic and you will know more about the names of The Qur'aan Suras ^_^

http://books.elebda3.net/freedownload6520

Love you all for Allah's sake

Hulk
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Thank u for sharing bros/sis

Amat Allah
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
You are always very welcome my respected brother May Allah love you and the whole Ummah Ameeeen

I'll be back in'shaa Allah to explain the word يَكُ by all help and support of Allah.

جوري
03-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I've investigated it. I've never had a copy of the Quran that wasn't in Arabic or that went by different names but according to what I read ergo sis insaanah the names of the chapters weren't revealed so there are a few with multiple names. I was thrown off my apologies but the name ahadees threw me off is that an Urdu word? What does it mean?

Pure Purple
03-12-2013, 02:55 PM
^ yes,Ahadees is plural of hadith in urdu.

جوري
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Just found out that the name alm'moin from this surah to denote that believers weren't exclusive to banu Israel and hence it was so named and there were two pages written on this 'm'min al firawn' .. sob7an Allah you learn something new everyday..

Ahdees is an urdu word or an Arabic word borrowed? I ask because substituting s for TH can sometimes have detrimental effect.

Pure Purple
03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Ahdees is an urdu word or an Arabic word borrowed? I ask because substituting s for TH can sometimes have detrimental effect.
sister actually pronunciation of tha in arabic is pronounce as sa in urdu,I it is not pronounce properly like in arabic makhraj.
In urdu it is written as احادیث

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

Our beloved and dear sister Seeking -Hidayat is right my precious beloved sister شادن Surat Ghaafir also called Surat Al Mu'min and Surat Attawl here you are read here:
ســــــــــــــورة المؤمن

1- ســــــــــــــورة المؤمن
الأدلة على التسمية
وردت تسمية هذه السورة في السنة حم المؤمن روى الترمذي عن أبي هريرة قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله وسلم " من قرأ حم المؤمن إلى إليه المصير وآية الكرسي حين يصبح حفظ بهما " الحديث.
وبذلك اشتهرت في مصاحف المشرق،
وبذلك ترجمها البخاري في صحيحه والترمذي في الجامع.
وجه التسمية
ووجه التسمية أنها ذكرت فيها قصة مؤمن آل فرعون ولم تذكر في سورة أخرى بوجه صريح.

2- ســـــــورة الطول
وتسمى أيضا سورة الطول لقوله تعالى في أولها (ذي الطول) وقد تنوسي هذا الاسم.

3- ســـــورة غافر
وتسمى سورة غافر لذكر وصفه تعالى غافر الذنب في أولها. وبهذا الاسم اشتهرت في مصاحف المغرب.

this info taken from the book Attah'reer waAttan'weer for Ibn Aashoor which has gathered the names of the Qur'aan and it's Suras from different sources as Qur'aan itself, hadiths and the sayings of Sahabah, Salaf and Mufassireen

if you wanna read some outlines about the matter then go here:

http://www.ala7ebah.com/upload/t10770.html

Sorry the link is in arabic and the book I am gonna post is also in arabic my dear and precious Sons and Daugters of my beloved Ummah ^-^

Download this book if you can read arabic and you will know more about the names of The Qur'aan Suras ^_^

http://books.elebda3.net/freedownload6520

Love you all for Allah's sake
Thanks a lot akheee :) i was confused that i might be wrong if sister shadin is so much confident in it. :) thnx shadins ister u too.

Periwinkle18
03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
surah ghafir's other name is surah momin my teacher told me once.

yaku means be/is

mudhare,masculine, third person, plural. jazam condition.

Amat Allah
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM

Bismellah wa Tawakkalna ala Allah

before starting and first of all I want ya to know that; I am not knowledgeable person, I have not this kind of knowledge, and most of my posts to you are results of some reseaches I do not because I have any kind of any knowledge.... when you ask something, I search to learn to benefit you so, we are learning ^-^ I am no better than anyone, understood?...ok Alhamdulilah now the word Yaku.

The Word يَكُ :

The origin of the word( يَكُ yaku) is the word (يكون yakoon) which means: Be. But what happened and changed it?

Let's return to the Aayah you have posted above and which is:

فَلَمْ يَكُ يَنفَعُهُمْ إِيمَانُهُمْ لَمَّا رَأَوْا بَأْسَنَا سُنَّتَ اللَّـهِ الَّتِي قَدْ خَلَتْ فِي عِبَادِهِ وَخَسِرَ هُنَالِكَ الْكَافِرُونَ

In the Aayah it came ( لَمْ ) before the verb, but what about لَمْ

لَمْ lam:is a negtive particle which turns the verb (only the imperfective verb) in the Jussive mood or case.

* It came before the imperfective verb ( يَكُوْن ) and turned it in the Jussive mood; giving its final letter the Sukoon harakat. And for that; the verb ( يَكُوْنْ ) had two still letters which are ( ن and و ).

* So, to prevent two still letters from directly following each other; we omitted the letter ( و ) and for this the word became ( يَكُنْ ).

* Then we omitted the letter ( ن ) for Takh'feef ("reduction" to ease the pronunciation of the word) and then it became ( يَكُ ).

P.S.

the omission of the Noon here is not waajib so, we can omit it if we want and we can just keep it, still both are right in this case of E'eraab.

now we know Yaku's general meaning, origin and the reason why it changed form its origin to what it is now , please if anyone see anything wrong with what I have posted then correct me and teach us all the right answers ...

love ya all for Allah's sake.

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 05:39 PM
jazakAllah khair kaseeran sister amat Allah...
May ALlah reward you for this precious Knowledge. amen

Amat Allah
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Wa Iyaki habibati ^-^ we are learning together, isn't it a beautiful thing? May Allah love you my sweetheart, fill your heart with Qur'aan, Sunnah and their knowledges and help ya to put all their teachings into effect and May He The Exalted The Most Merciful make the Arabic language simlpe and easier for you and the whole world than drinking cold water in the hottest day of summer Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

جوري
03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
we are learning together, isn't it a beautiful thing?
I can't think of anything better :alhamd:

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 05:54 PM
jazakAllah ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!