marwen
03-30-2013, 07:06 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 07:11 AM
wish i knew arabic :(

marwen
03-30-2013, 08:35 AM
I will translate the video, for sister Periwinkle18 and for others who find it hard to understand arabic. I ask Allah to help you all learn arabic and to make it easy for you. Because if you learn arabic, you will be able to understand Quran and hadeeth directly and helps you fully understand the original sources of Islam.

Here is the translation of the speech of Sheikh Huwayni :

---------------------------

Guidance is only from Allah.

00:17 -
Creating guidance in the heart of a man is only owned by Allah, it’s beyond the control of any person, not even a prophet or angel.

00:30 -
Don’t you see Ibrahim (as), who came with the meaning "Hanifia" (true tawheed, being inclined to Islam, to the truth), even Ibrahim feared for himself from being misguided : " And when Abraham said: My Lord! Make safe this territory, and preserve me and my sons from serving idols. " (Ibrahim : 35)

00:53 -
Prophet Muhammad SAW, used to say " Ya muthabit al qulub, thabit qalbi ala deenik, ya musarrif al qulub, sarrif qalbi ala ta’atik " : " Oh ! The One who « fixes » the hearts, firm my heart on your deen, Oh ! The one who changes the hearts, change/make my heart on your obedience "

01:04 -
It was narrated that Abu Bakr said : " By Allah !, I will never be safe from Allah’s ’makr’ (Allah’s deception / Allah’s control on me / to be misguided ), even if I have one foot on Jannah (but the other foot not yet.) "

01:14 -
The companions, who were explicitely promised by jannah before they die, by explicit texts, and by the prophet SAW. They used to cry, because they feared to go to the hell.

01:35 -
And probably you know what Umar said, when he was stubbed and while he was dying, he said to his son : " Descend me, and put me on the earth, may be Allah will have mercy on me if He sees me like that. "

01:55 -
take off all your medals, because your medals will not help you in front of Allah. And do as ‘Wathik’ (amirul-mu’mineen) done : When he was dying on his bed, he said to the people : " get me down from this bed, and put my face on earth ", and he started crying and saying : " Oh Allah ! You the one whose kingdom does not disappear, have mercy on someone whose kingdom is disappearing ! "

02:05 -
So, as I said, no one ownes the guidance of others, even prophets cannot do that, and the maximum that a prophet can do is showing the right path and delivering the message. In the story of ‘Abu Taalib’, the uncle of the prophet PBUH, Allah said to the prophet : ".. Innaka la tahdi man ahbabt .. " : " .. Lo! thou (O Muhammad) guidest not whom thou lovest, .." (Al Qassas : 56)

--------------------------

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 02:19 PM
SubhanAllah

jazakAllah khayrun katheerun akhi thank u so so much

yes i would love to learn arabic pray for me am looking for a teacher at the mo. found one buh she was way too expensive just pray for me inshaAllah someday i'll b speaking arabic fluently :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!