/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Searchable ahadith website?

tearose
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
:sl:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable website where you can search for a specific hadith by keyword, because I have been listening to some lectures which mention certain ahadith that I would like to look up in sha Allah. I found a website called search truth but I don't know if it is reliable. Can anyone help me?

jazakum Allahu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
04-02-2013, 10:05 PM
:wa: sister,

The one I use is www.sunnah.com, because it gives you the original Arabic text as well, rather than just a translation, and the Arabic tends to contain the the full chain of narration (though the full chain doesn't always get translated into English). It has two or three references for each hadeeth, one reference for the English translation, and a separate reference for the Arabic. For some of the ahadeeth, it tells you if it's sahih, weak, hasan etc, and has more hadeeth collections than searchtruth. Unlike search truth, you don't need to specify a collection to search in, just type your search words, and it will search all the collections it has for you. It is still a work in progress though. And it's starting to have translations in Urdu and Bahasa Indonesian. I've used it for a while now, it's by the same people that run www.quran.com and as far as I know, is reliable. If the hadeeth you're looking for isn't in the collections the site covers (mentioned on the homepage) then it won't come up with any results.

Banu_Hashim
04-02-2013, 10:28 PM
http://islaam.net/main/hadithsearch.php

Ahmad H
04-03-2013, 04:01 AM
I personally use the website:
http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith.php

They highlight the word you search for and you can make it either exact or not for the word you want. Also, you have a searchable Qur'an as well. On top of that, there are multiple translations of the Qur'an listed by chapter if you click on the Qur'an link twice which really helps. The Arabic script is nice and readable as well for the Qur'an. Unfortunately, they don't have Arabic for the Ahadith. So in that instance going to www.sunnah.com is a better option.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tearose
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Thank you for all the responses and suggestions.

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
I've used it for a while now, it's by the same people that run www.quran.com
I love that site, use it often. Somehow I never thought to click on sunnah.com at the top of the page... this is just what I was looking for.

Perseveranze
04-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Try the link in my signature [hadith/Qur'an tab]. It searches all the sites (plus others) that have been mentioned above.

tearose
04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
jazaka Allahu khair

Urban Turban
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
www.alim.org

www.quranexplorer.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!