/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Salaam Alaikum My question is can Homosexuals/Gay People convert/revert/embrace Is

truthseeker63
04-12-2013, 01:28 AM
As Salaam Alaikum My question is can Homosexuals/Gay People convert/revert/embrace Islam if they give up Homosexuality ? Can they be given Dawah or be Invited to Islam ? How does Islam view Ex Homosexuals from Non Muslim backgrounds could they revert to Islam if they never go back to Homosexuality again ?

Many ex-homosexuals agree that homosexuality is a choice.
Greg Quinlan, president of Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX), says, “I, as a former homosexual, along with tens of thousands of others who left homosexuality, [am] proof that it is not immutable; you can change." and "It is not innate; you are not born that way." There are also a number of Islamic ex-gay groups aimed at attempting to guide homosexuals towards heterosexuality; including the Straightway Foundation a UK based ex-gay organization which works with homosexual Muslims seeking to eliminate their same-sex attraction.

Homosexuality - The Religion of Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Student1996
04-12-2013, 02:43 AM
Being atracted to same sex isnt bad unless you actually do 'stuff' with them. In Islam Gay relationships are equal to theft. Because it is an unnatural desire and you are Stealing your wrong desires. I mean I am attracted to girls but when I see an attractive girl I lower my gaze because that is what your supposed to do. If i were to gaze at her then I would be stealing desire. You need to be controlled by Allah, and not by your desires. If you resist, then Allah will reward you. So being homosexual does not make you bad, but only if you practice homosexuality.

Student1996
04-12-2013, 02:46 AM
It would be good for you to resist from all gay stuff because it shows that you are not a slave of your own desire.

truthseeker63
04-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Well I was asking about Non Muslims who did practice Homosexuality in the past but want to give up Homosexuality and be with and like the Opposite Sex and wanted to revert to Islam would they be allowed ? Can they be forgiven ? Could a Sodomite who did the sin in the story of Prophet Lot/Lut could they say Shahada and be forgiven if they never go back to Sodomity/Homosexuality thank you ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Indian Bro
04-12-2013, 04:41 AM
As-salamu alaykum,

There is absolutely no sin that Allah (swt) wont forgive except for shirk. Committing sodomy is haram and a grave sin but it is forgivable if one repents sincerely and never repeats it.

With regards to can a homosexual become a Muslim, I guess if a person has homosexual desires it becomes a fitna for that person to control him/herself and strive to remove these thoughts from their minds and pray to Allah (swt) to help and guide them. No one will find a better helper than Allah (swt). Anyone can becomes a Muslim as long as they believe there is no God but Allah (swt) and in the final Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

And Allah (swt) knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!