/* */

PDA

View Full Version : istighfaar

Periwinkle18
04-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Whatever happens, happens for the best...[AMAZING STORY]

Imam Ahmed rah, once was traveling and needed to stay somewhere overnight. When he went to the masjid, the guard (not recognizing Imam Ahmed) denied him entrance. Imam Ahmed tried numerous times, but the guard did not accept his requests. Frustrated, Imam Ahmed resolved to spend the night in the masjid yard. The guard became furious and dragged him away, despite the old age and frailty of Imam Ahmed.A baker, whose shop was nearby, watched this scene and took pity on Imam Ahmed. He invited the Imam to stay with him for the night. While there, Imam Ahmed noticed that the baker continually made istighfaar (asking for Allah's forgiveness) while working, and in the morning, the Imam eagerly asked his host about the latter's continual seeking of forgiveness.The baker said it had become like second nature, and Imam Ahmed then asked whether the man had experienced any reward from this practice.The baker answered,"By Allah! No duaa (supplication to God) I made except that it was answered but one.""And what is that duaa?" asked Imam Ahmed. "To be able to see the famed Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal!"Imam Ahmed interjected, "I am Ahmed ibn Hanbal!"He then went on to add:"By Allah! I was dragged to your place so that you can have your duaa/wish come true."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-13-2013, 04:25 PM
lol subhanAllah beautiful and funny story

Periwinkle18
04-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Buh its v true :).

Allah does accept the duas of a person who keeps repenting.

So start saying istagfirullah from now onwards ppl! =D

greenhill
05-03-2013, 01:41 PM
:statisfie nice story!

On another note, about dua, it was related to me some while back that although Allah likes you to ask from Him, we must not 'loosely' do so as there is a danger that we may forget what we have asked for (if it was a lot) and when it is granted, we are not thankful for what he has given because we have forgotten that we had asked for it.

And that, if I remember correctly, and correct me if wrong, Allah will do 3 things, grant it, substitute it for something better or reward us in the hereafter. Whichever way it is, we will get what for asked for.

Since then, I have pretty much kept to the standard dua's and ocassionally with additions for situational predicaments.

Recently (as in my recent thread about 'redha') I realise to always be thankful for everything, whether good or bad. If I can keep it up, hopefully I won't fall into being an ungrateful being, in syaa Allah.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Buh akhi if we don't ask Allah who else are we gng to ask :)

Plus He likes it wen His servants turn to Him and ask Him.

Periwinkle18
06-21-2013, 11:22 AM
:bump:

I have a feeling we don't do dhikr much, its just not on our tongues like it used to be on the tongues of ppl who came before us I mean even if we're free we don't remember Allah I Duno I just feel that way this is just a reminder for my self we srsly need to work hard on it. I try so much it just still isn't a habit.

Insaanah
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
:salam:

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
On another note, about dua, it was related to me some while back that although Allah likes you to ask from Him, we must not 'loosely' do so as there is a danger that we may forget what we have asked for (if it was a lot) and when it is granted, we are not thankful for what he has given because we have forgotten that we had asked for it.

And that, if I remember correctly, and correct me if wrong, Allah will do 3 things, grant it, substitute it for something better or reward us in the hereafter. Whichever way it is, we will get what for asked for.

Since then, I have pretty much kept to the standard dua's and ocassionally with additions for situational predicaments.
We are meant to ask from Allah, abundantly and profusely, for all our needs, as sister Periwinkle18 has said.

See this thread :ia:: Asking for a lot

greenhill
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks Insaanah.

Something I saw in a children educational program called the 'Electric Company' when I was a kid long time ago. There was a a scene of a man suffering in the desert. He came across a bar and hoisted himself on to the stool and asked 'Make me a milkshake' and kazaaam he was turned into a milk shake. What he should have asked for was to have a milkshake... It is in the words you choose.

Another incident (not a scene from tv) in 1997 I had the good fortune to go for umrah. I spent 10 days in total (Mecca and Medina). I tried to fully utilise my time there with the worship activities. After all the compulsory prayers, the sunat prayers etc, I only knew 3 (max) 4 surahs by heart. After repeating the same surah over and over again (as I was not able to read the quran in arabic) I wished and said to myself that when I get home I will learn to read the quran. It 'felt' such a waste to not being able to read the quran in all the free time that I was there.

I did, when I came back I attended classes for this. For nearly 3 years I spent learning to read and became quite decent at it and then I moved to a different location further away. Although I intended to carry on, it never did. I often wondered why I could not get myself to resume. It was some while after when it dawned on me that my wish was to learn to read, which I now could. It wasn't my spoken intention to 'finish' the quran, so I did not.

I have noticed several times in my life that what I get is what I asked for. If you were not concise with what you ask......beware ^o)
I read the thread on 'Jazakallah' - what it means and 'Jazakallah Khair' what that means. Although the intention may be the same, but the words uttered lends to some ambiguity with the expected results. That is all that I am saying, I am not claiming to be right or wrong but just food for thought.:shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!