/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The teaching of Tawheed to the children predominates on any other teaching

abo mussaab
04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

All praise be to Allah, may the blessings and peace of Allah be over our Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam), his family, his companions and those who follow his guidance.

After loving Allah, the Most High, and His Messenger (salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam), it is necessary to love the chosen ones by Allah and to consider the enemies of Allah as full opponents.

The teaching of Tawheed to the children should be the priority for every Muslim parent. Indeed, the useful science is the knowledge of the disavowal of the Taghut and the faith in Allah Alone. The aim of this teaching is that the child remains in the religion of monotheism. Hence, the extreme importance in our time wherein ignorance prevails, is to focus primarily on the meaning of the statement of faith.
The prophet (salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa salam) always began by teaching the monotheism and faith to the children before teaching them the Quran.
It is therefore incumbent for every parent to apply this methodology and to ensure that our children know the foundation of Islam before any other instruction.

Jundub ibn ‘abd Allah (radiya Allahu ‘anhu) said: « We were some young boys (close to puberty ) who accompanied the Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa salam). He taught us the faith before the Quran, then we learned the Quran, which made us believe more in him. Today, you teach first the Quran and then the faith. » [Authentic hadith reported by al-Bayhaqi, ibn Madja and ibn Manda]

Our pious predecessors have always adopted the right method in teaching their children. They began to teach them the monotheism, faith and the Sunnah from their childhood. The child will grow up as a monotheist and as a sunnit in mean time. No distractions and no temptation could harm him, thanks to Allah –Ta‘ala.

Ishaq ibn ‘Abd Allah said that his grandmother, Um Sulaym, had proclaimed her faith in Muhammad (salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa salam) when Abu Anas (the father of Anas) returned after being absent and said to her: « Have you apostatized? » (Have you renounced your religion). She answered : « I haven’t apostatized. I only believe in this man. » and she began to teach the religion of Allah to Anas by saying him: « Say : "There is no deity but Allah", say: "I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah" ! » Anas obeyed but his father said to Um Sulaym : « Don’t corrupt my son.» She answered : « I don’t corrupt him. » Mâlik, the father of Anas, left then and was killed by an enemy. Having heard the news, Um Sulaym said: « As long as he has not left the breast himself and lives. » [Reported by ibn Sa‘ad]

Ali ibn al-Hussayn taught his son these words: « Say: "I believe in Allah and I reject the Taghut (everything that is worshipped besides Allah)." » [Reported by ibn abi Chayba]

And Ibrahim at-Taymi says about this: « They appreciated that the first words taught to the children were, to say seven times: "There is no deity but Allah." » [Reported by ibn abi Chayba and ‘abd ar-Razzaq]

The reason that the predecessors were teaching their children first monotheism and the Sunnah, is that they knew that the personality of the adult is most often shaped by what he had learned as a child.

If a child is educated on the foundations of a authentic and loving belief and of the Sunnah, he will keep the principles until the end of his days, by the will of Allah –Ta‘ala. And if he is given an education based on heresy and the transgression of the Sunnah, he will also keep the principles until his death. Unless Allah –Ta‘ala- wanted salvation and the good for him.

Abû Ishaq al-Jibyani said in that same vein: « Leave the education of your children only to a man with a good religion; the religion of the child is indeed that of his teacher. » And he added: « I knew a teacher who secretly maintained that the Quran was created (makhluq).1Unmasked, he was punished and sent back. So he set himself one day in front of the children informant tribune and said: « What do you think about the Quran ? »They answered: « We don’t know. » He said: « He is created (makhluq). And don’t believe in anything else at the price of your lives. » Then he ran away.»

Abû Ishaq continued: « Later I heard that these children had believed in which their teacher had said until the end of their lives. And I was told, on the other hand, about a honest teacher that they saw doing the tawaaf around the Ka‘aba while he was saying: « Ô Allah ! Make every child that I have had one of Your pious servants. » I learned later that some sixty followers of this teacher became distinguished scholars and pious men. » Then he added: « The case as for these two men is the opposite! »

Today, the existing communities are unaware of this last message and this is reflected in their offspring. In their places of worship, for example, they teach the verses of the Quran to children who repeat and memorize mechanically without knowing the meaning and the principle of the Oneness which they contain. That is why these generations follow them and resemble them. The judgment of a child is linked to that of his parents.

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!