/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Pre-Marriage Advice

ibnadam0
04-22-2013, 03:33 AM
By Shaykh ’Abdul-’Azeez Ibn ’Abdullaah Ibn Baaz From the evil and reprehensible matters is that some who claim to be from the tribe of Haashim (i.e. claim to be a Sayyid; someone related to the Prophet’s (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) family) say that there is no kafaa‘ah (marriage compatibility) between them and someone from outside of their own clan. So they do not get married outside of their clan, nor allow anyone from outside of their clan to marry them. This is a great error, a monstrous ignorance, oppression against the woman, and it is a legislation which neither Allaah nor His Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) legislated or prescribed. Rather, Allaah – the Most High – said:

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and female, and have made you into nations and tribes; that you may know one another, Indeed the most noblest of you with Allaah is the one who has the most taqwaa (piety, fear, and obedience of Allaah).” [Sooratul-Hujuraat 49:13]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
04-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Brother, do you know who Ibn Baz is, and whom the tribe of Hashim are? Just curious :p

sister herb
04-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Salam alaykum

Are you now talk about Hashemite or so called Banu Hashim clan?

Muhammad was born into the Banu Hashim clan of the Quraysh tribe.

^o)

Amat Allah
04-22-2013, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibnadam
By Shaykh ’Abdul-’Azeez Ibn ’Abdullaah Ibn Baaz From the evil and reprehensible matters is that some who claim to be from the tribe of Haashim (i.e. claim to be a Sayyid; someone related to the Prophet’s (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) family) say that there is no kafaa‘ah (marriage compatibility) between them and someone from outside of their own clan. So they do not get married outside of their clan, nor allow anyone from outside of their clan to marry them. This is a great error, a monstrous ignorance, oppression against the woman, and it is a legislation which neither Allaah nor His Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) legislated or prescribed. Rather, Allaah – the Most High – said:

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and female, and have made you into nations and tribes; that you may know one another, Indeed the most noblest of you with Allaah is the one who has the most taqwaa (piety, fear, and obedience of Allaah).” [Sooratul-Hujuraat 49:13]
This is so true 100% my respected and noble brother for we are all human and in the sight of Allah we are all equal no color, no background , no nationality or whatever matters to Allah but our Taqwah and Iman of Allah...this is what takes us to different levels not any of the worldly standards...

Those who are seeing them selves better than other people because they are related to the prophet Muhammad peace and blessings of Allah be upon him are ignorant...

Cause none knows who is better than the another but Allah and in the past many were related to the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ended up to be from hellfire's food such as his uncles Abu Lahab and Abu Taalib...

In the day of Judgement we will all stand naked all together in front of Allah black, white , rainbow color, tall, short, Afro head, bald, Arab, non Arab, related to a prophet or not or whatever...carrying our deeds only and by the Mercy and Justice of Allah we will be judged by The Most Just and Only Judge...laa ilaha illa Allah.

It is very right for a woman related to the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to marry a man from outside the tribe of Banu Haashim and other saying than this then; it is the words of the most ignorant human being on planet earth who knows not how to understand the book of Allah nor His Deen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
10-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I have no problem if a Hashimite woman reject my proposal just because I am not from banu Haashim. I still could find and marry a woman from other clans, other nations, other races.

But what would happen to this Hashimite woman if there's no man from banu Haashim who was willing to marry her?. Could she accept proposal from non-Hashimite man?.

This custom actually cause problem for themselves, not for other people.

Amat Allah
10-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Not all of Banu Haashim think that way only the ignorant and arrogant from them and from those outside of the tribe who think that they are real scholars while they know nothing...this is not for Allah's Deen and will never be.

ardianto
11-03-2014, 05:39 AM
If I still unmarried because there's no woman who was willing to marry me, I would be sad, but still okay. However, if I still unmarried because I could not marry the woman who was willing to accept me?. Oh, no, I can't imagine what I would feel.

The hurtful thing in this custom is not the rule that obligate Banu Hashim people to marry only people among Banu hashim, but the rule that forbid them marry someone outside Banu Hashim.

Imagine if a woman from Banu Hashim got few marriage proposals from few men, but she could not choose one of them because all of these men were not from Banu Hashim?.

I believe, there are victims like this among them.

Just count, how many Banu Hashim and how many non Banu Hashim people among Muslims in the world.

Amat Allah
11-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Nah, don't worry ...such ignorant people are rare nowadays and we don't hear about them anymore...disappeared Alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!