/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hi. i'm kinda new here

notacar
04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
hi i'm kinda new here. I was born in a Muslim family but i refuse to believe in Islam.

My Muslim Friends made me join to "help" me.

so....................

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
04-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Hello there, are your friends members here? Why don't they just help you personally?

notacar
04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
well no they are not members here they just refered me to this website because they think they read some good stuff here that'll help me get a better understanding of islam. but Honestly I see the same guilt trap that my friends have been building for me for years.

notacar
04-26-2013, 03:11 PM
i dont know if double posting is allowed but i cant seem to edit my old post so here it goes.

i'd love to become a full member and learn more. and interact with more muslims. i've never really had lots of muslim friends and grew up near non-muslims. My Father is a muslim but not practising and my mother is an atheist so i never really know what to believe in. i always chose the easier side and followed my mother. now that i'm living alone I've made some muslim friends and they think that i've never been exposed to the Real Islam and say that my limited exposure may be the reason that i'm not a Muslim like my father.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
04-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Hello to you

Welcome to forum.

IAmZamzam
04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
In your experience, dear, is choosing the easier side usually the best way to go in the long run?

Anyway, greetings and peace.

Perseveranze
04-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Hello,

It's great to see you're open minded in wanting to know more about Islam. May Allah(swt) soften your heart towards it.

جوري
04-27-2013, 12:53 AM
wow Muslim friends in China.. that must be a novelty in and of itself considering how persecuted they're there!
good luck finding what you're looking for...

best,

notacar
05-04-2013, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
In your experience, dear, is choosing the easier side usually the best way to go in the long run?

Anyway, greetings and peace.
Yes, in my experience the easy way has always been the best for me.

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Hello,

It's great to see you're open minded in wanting to know more about Islam. May Allah(swt) soften your heart towards it.

format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
wow Muslim friends in China.. that must be a novelty in and of itself considering how persecuted they're there!
good luck finding what you're looking for...

best,
well there are a lot of non-Chinese people in my school because its an international school and most of them are muslims.

greenhill
05-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Peace to you, Notacar.

If it is the truth and yout mind is open to it in all sincerity, you will find what you are looking for, if Allah Wills It. Seeing as it is an Islamic forum, it is a foregone conclusion that the vast majority here believe in Allah and that Muhammad (pbuh) is His messenger (as there are non muslims here, too).

What I have found here, in the short space of time I have 'mingled', if you want proof, sensible proof, reasonable proof, the members will try to give, but if you ask for ridiculous proofs, be prepared to be shot down :p. ha ha.

I find reading articles about why some converted very inspiring, as some make me see reasons I myself never considered and points that had never crossed my mind. It's a journey from 'emptiness' to fulfilment. Awfully inspiring. Hope yours will be one of those journeys.

Periwinkle18
05-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey there

:welcome: to the forum hope u like it hea :)

Omg ur from Beijing , nee how ma??

Hehe I'm not Chinese buh I was born in Hk n lived there for sometime so I do know some Cantonese and a little bit of Mandarin.

Its been ages since I've been to china miss it. I'm glad Ur hea :) n I hope u find what ur looking for stay active InshaAllah :)

Hmm daddy once told me there's a province in china where there are a lot of Muslims can't remember tht name will ask him again.
And ur so right ppl over there dont know much abt Islam its v sad.

notacar
05-05-2013, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Peace to you, Notacar.

If it is the truth and yout mind is open to it in all sincerity, you will find what you are looking for, if Allah Wills It. Seeing as it is an Islamic forum, it is a foregone conclusion that the vast majority here believe in Allah and that Muhammad (pbuh) is His messenger (as there are non muslims here, too).

What I have found here, in the short space of time I have 'mingled', if you want proof, sensible proof, reasonable proof, the members will try to give, but if you ask for ridiculous proofs, be prepared to be shot down :p. ha ha.

I find reading articles about why some converted very inspiring, as some make me see reasons I myself never considered and points that had never crossed my mind. It's a journey from 'emptiness' to fulfilment. Awfully inspiring. Hope yours will be one of those journeys.
yeah i've seen lots of posts where people gotshot down ridiculous questions and statements and will try to refrain fromposting things that anger people

I know i'm not going to start accepting somethings immediately but i'm open to discussions about how peoplefound their "god" and how it helped them reshape their lives

notacar
05-05-2013, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Hey there

:welcome: to the forum hope u like it hea :)

Omg ur from Beijing , nee how ma??

Hehe I'm not Chinese buh I was born in Hk n lived there for sometime so I do know some Cantonese and a little bit of Mandarin.

Its been ages since I've been to china miss it. I'm glad Ur hea :) n I hope u find what ur looking for stay active InshaAllah :)

Hmm daddy once told me there's a province in china where there are a lot of Muslims can't remember tht name will ask him again.
And ur so right ppl over there dont know much abt Islam its v sad.
Hi back. Wo hen hao. wo zhidao yi dian r han yu. wo bu shi zhonguo ren :)

I'm not Chinese either but have lived in china for quite some time. Yeah I’m going to try to stay active. This forum seems interesting and it’s fun to read different people's views on the topic of Religion and god

I think the province you are talking about is xinjiang. it’s a Muslim majority province

IAmZamzam
05-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Yes, in my experience the easy way has always been the best for me.

That really is too bad. You're in for some rough landings--sooner or later. But may it not be sooner. May Allah bless you and guide you to the straight path.

Amat Allah
05-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Welcome my sweetie to Islamic board as a new precious member of our big family,

Hope you enjoy it here, if having any Qs honey and found not their answers after roaming the different sections of the forum then you are very welcome to ask your brothers and sisters here and we will try our best to help ya after our Lord, In shaa Allah.

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and give ya the best always and forever Amen

Take the best care of your precious self...

Leaving ya under God's sight, care and protection...

Humbly and with all respect, your sister:

Amat Allah.

Periwinkle18
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Glad ur fine same here don't know much Chinese Cuz wen I was in Hong Kong I studied in a British international school called shatin junior school n there's a college as well don't know if you've heard of it or not buh because we studied there we didn't learn much Chinese.The students were mostly British.

Lol not a Chinese either I cn understand a bit buh I can't speak much i just remember the basic stuff nee how ma n . I know how to buy stuff though and bargain :p

yes that's it was talking abt Xinjiang

I've never been to Beijing buh I've been to shenzen and guangzhou been to window of the world as well liked that place wow its been like 10 yrs.

Zhaogu hao :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!