/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Bringing Muslim Youth Together.

Iceee
04-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Please see http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-support/134317752-allow-non-muslims-girls-join.html

Last week, my friend and I launched the new starting season of PIBHL 2013. We advertised like we normally did but my partners in charge with me over-did it and last weekend was hectic because so many young Muslim Brothers registered all paying $40.00 each.

Yesterday we started playing the game of hockey. So many Muslims came to play, watch, and cheer on their friends' teams. Parents saw there kids score goals and coaching the kids was pretty cool. Some parents brought their whole family to watch their kids play.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had to start a new division. Kids aged 6-9 were in the Rising Star division. Kids aged 10-13 were in the Junior division. And kids aged 14-17 were in the Seniors division.

I guess I am making this thread because I am so impressed of how Islam is growing. Not just fast but rapidly. When my parents came to Canada in the 1990's, barely any muslims lived in our area. Alhumdulillah with the small donations from the community, we built a masjid in our area and Islam grew rapidly and Muslims started moving close to the masjid. The Government of Canada advised Muslims to move to our area and now almost 90% of the people that live in my area are Muslims.

What I am trying to say is; when my friends and I started coaching yesterdays game with random players in our teams, so many of the players were non-muslims (or so we thought) especially in the Rising Star division. But when we pray a small surat from Quran before the starting of their game, the so thought non-muslims knew the small surats! Some of the players have very pale skin, blue/green eyes, and even unusual names of Islam (Dennis, John, Jake). Yet they come in the middle and listen or even pray a surat from the Quran. Islam is going so quickly alhumdulillah and I find it unbelievable. Some wear a tophee to show Islam. Inshallah Islam continues to grow quickly like it is right now.

Please try to find a way to bring Muslims and Non-Muslims together whether it is starting a league of your own in your spare time or helping the small Muslim community in sports. Hockey is huge in Canada and this sport brings so many muslims together as well as non-muslims. Inshallah by doing this, the non-muslims learn not to hate Islam in general and learn to accept Islam in their lives and their future whether they convert to Islam or not. Make du'a that Allah Subhanahuwatallah continues this trend of many Non-Muslims joining our hockey league to not only play hockey, but to learn about Islam and to see kindness of Islam. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
04-28-2013, 10:06 PM
:salamext:

:ma:, that is very good to hear about. Communities very much need these sorts of initiatives which bring youth together, and as you mentioned, serve many purposes, including da'wah. I especially like the fact that there is an Islamic element, like recitation from the Qur'an, involved. In this way they will develop a love for Islam and encouragement to include it in their lives. They can learn that Islam involves enjoyment too, and that it is not restricted to learning in the Masjid. It will also help prevent them from becoming involved with crime, drugs and other issues commonly affecting youth. May Allaah bless these efforts and help them grow in goodness, Aameen.

Iceee
04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
It will also help prevent them from becoming involved with crime, drugs and other issues commonly affecting youth.
I guess we have different opinions about this. In Toronto, we already have low crime rates, the youth don't take drugs because of fear of being expelled from school, and the biggest issue which I see the youth especially in North America is that a lot of them are couch potatoes who eat, sleep, and play video games all day.

I just don't want to see the youth becoming overweight. Neither do my partners of our hockey league. Obesity is such a big issue if you don't know already and it is really sad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!