/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you say to someone who is interested in Islam?

QueenofHerts
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Just some words from the Quran or some site with some basics of islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
05-02-2013, 02:14 AM
I would say what I have normally replied to them with on other threads in which they said they were interested in Islam - to read up on the five pillars of Islam and the six articles of faith. If they learn those and study them carefully, then they will become that much closer to realizing if they are capable to being Muslim or not from their hearts. There is a very good reason why we have these five pillars and six articles.

I don't know what words from the Qur'an I would use. It depends on what they want to know about Islam. Every person is different. I would tell them to read the whole Qur'an, otherwise they may not fully benefit from it as they should. As for websites, I would not encourage that at first. Websites can be misleading. If they go to the wrong website, then they may fall into the wrong line of thinking and reject the Islamic beliefs and go astray. So that would be a dangerous road. No websites at the very beginning. Too risky.

greenhill
05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Salaams,

1) Perhaps first thing is to stress that the media does not portray the true picture of Islam.
2) That the message of Allah was sent down in stages and in accordance to the maturity of human civilisation
3) To read the stories of the 25 prophets (to build understanding of the consistency in the message)

before you go into too much detail about Islam itself...

Reading and understanding the messages of the prophets helps to un-clutter the message of Islam. In syaa Allah.

If a person can relate to it and personally absorb the simple message of the prophets, perhaps they will be more 'opened' and willing to consider the next step.. Allah knows best.

Insaanah
05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by QueenofHerts
What would you say to someone who is interested in Islam?
Just some words from the Quran or some site with some basics of islam.
Depends on how much they know about Islam already.

The link in my signature has some basic information, with the translation of some verses from the Qur'an at the end.

Not sure if that's the kind of thing you were looking for.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Insaanah,

A very nice leaflet indeed!

Just a feedback, would be worth saying to know Him, study his 99 names.

I thoroughly enjoyed the clear and concise way you have put it, and kind of puts back the knowledge that has become fuzzy over the years back into perpective and in the frame again. The part about '.... not even a dot' made me smile. Thank you.

QueenofHerts
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM
I cant see your sig, will you post it for me :)

Insaanah
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
:salam:

I cant see your sig, will you post it for me :)
Here you go:

http://www.leafletonislam.blogspot.co.uk/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!