/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Video and prayer booklet that teach prayer have differences

crimsontide06
05-15-2013, 07:09 PM
I have 2 resources that I have learned how to pray properly. I have a booklet as well as a series of youtube videos. I have everything down but there is a difference. In the videos the people leave out 3 things which are in the booklet.

First..In the video series after saying Allahu Akbar the person starts with A'oodhu'billahi minash-shaytaanir-rajeem

In the booklet it shows these 2 recitations below, before that

1. Subhaanakal-laahumma wa bihamdika tabaarakas-muka wa ta aalaa jadduka wa laa ilaaha ghayruka
and
2. Allaahumma baa id baynee wa bayna khataaya kamaa baa adta baynal-mashriqi-wal-maghribi allaahumma naqqinee min khataayaaya kamaa yunaqqath-thawbul-abyadu minad-danse. Allaahumagh-sil khataayaaya bil-maa i wath-thalji wal-barad

The 3rd thing that is different...in the video, after raising from the bowing position, it says this
Sami-allaahu liman hamidah- rabbanaa wa lakal-hamdu.

That is where it stops, in the booklet there are 5 more words after that.

Anyone know why this is?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
05-15-2013, 07:48 PM
All correct :statisfie

crimsontide06
05-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Which is correct, the book or the video? Is it just a cultural difference?

Insaanah
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
First..In the video series after saying Allahu Akbar the person starts with A'oodhu'billahi minash-shaytaanir-rajeem

In the booklet it shows these 2 recitations below, before that

1. Subhaanakal-laahumma wa bihamdika tabaarakas-muka wa ta aalaa jadduka wa laa ilaaha ghayruka
and
2. Allaahumma baa id baynee wa bayna khataaya kamaa baa adta baynal-mashriqi-wal-maghribi allaahumma naqqinee min khataayaaya kamaa yunaqqath-thawbul-abyadu minad-danse. Allaahumagh-sil khataayaaya bil-maa i wath-thalji wal-barad
After Allahu Akbar, there should be an opening dua such us one of the two shown in the book. Either can be read, it's not necessary that you read them both. Then a'oothu billaahi min ash-shaytaan ir-rajeem as above, then bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem then Surah al-Faatihah...

The 3rd thing that is different...in the video, after raising from the bowing position, it says this
Sami-allaahu liman hamidah- rabbanaa wa lakal-hamdu.
This is correct. If you're stopping here and not adding further words, then you can read the last word as hamd without the u.

That is where it stops, in the booklet there are 5 more words after that.
This is an optional extra - Are the words, hamdan katheeran tayyiban mubaarakan feeh?

(meaning, an abundant, pure, blessed praise). You can read this too, and if you don't, it's no problem.

You might like this hadeeth translation in relation to those extra five words:

Malik related to me from Nuaym ibn Abdullah ibn al-Mujmir from AIi ibn Yahya az-Zuraqi from his father that Rifaa ibn Rafi said, "One day we were praying behind the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when the Messenger of Allah, :saws:, raised his head from ruku and said, 'Allah hears the one who praises Him' (Sami Allahu liman hamidah). A man behind him said, 'Our Lord, praise belongs to you - blessed, pure and abundant praise' (Rabbana wa laka'l hamd, hamdan kathiran tayiban mubarakan fihi). When the Messenger of Allah, :saws: had finished, he said, 'Who was it who spoke just now?' The man said, 'I did, Messenger of Allah,' and the Messenger of Allah, :saws:, said, 'I saw more than thirty angels rushing to it to see which one of them would record it first.' "

Muwatta Malik
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 15, Hadith 25
Arabic reference : Book 15, Hadith 497

Sunan an-Nasa'i 1062
In-book reference : Book 12, Hadith 34
English translation: Vol. 2, Book 12, Hadith 1063

Sunan Abi Dawud 770
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 380
English translation : Book 2, Hadith 769

Sahih al-Bukhari 799
In-book reference : Book 10, Hadith 194
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 12, Hadith 764

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
05-15-2013, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
This is an optional extra - Are the words, hamdan katheeran tayyiban mubaarakan feeh?
Yes they are...Thank you for all the information.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!