/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Brief Introduction

the_stranger
05-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Hello

I am a non-muslim who is currently considering reverting to Islam. Having said this, I would like to apologize in advance for not being familiar with the various greetings that are used by Muslims. I am an American living in Chicago and I am 27 years old.

My journey in life so far has been like the journey of many American males: modest upbringing, teenage years and early twenties full of alcohol, drugs, violence, and sex, and now that I am reaching my late twenties I feel that I can no longer avoid the real questions in life, which is why I am here.

I was initially drawn to Islam because of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz. The words he spoke during his lifetime had an absolutely profound impact on my life.

At this point, I have gained a basic understanding of the fundamentals of Islam, but I have much more to learn before I can feel comfortable saying Shahada. Hopefully, the brothers and sisters on this forum will be gracious enough to offer their knowledge, or at least point me in the right direction. For this, I would like to thank everyone in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-16-2013, 10:08 PM
:welcome: aboard pls enjoy your stay with us

the_stranger
05-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Thank you!

Muhammad
05-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Greetings the_stranger,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your introduction.

I hope you will find the answers you need, and we will do our best to help, God-willing. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
the_stranger
05-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Thank you, Muhammad!

tigerkhan
05-17-2013, 01:22 AM
:welcome::welcome: hopefully u will enjoy ur stay here

greenhill
05-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the forum,

Yes there are some basic things that everyone needs to grapple with before they can commit to the Shahada and everyone needs different assurances for this. Hopefully yours will not be too complex to response to!:p

Looking forward to your questions and hope you will find your answers in this forum.

Peace

sister herb
05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Peace with you

Welcome to forum and have a good luck to your journey when looking for knowledge. Here you can find many members whose have been before in the similar situation like you are now: at the beginning of the path to the Truth.

:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!