/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a problem memorizing or revising Quran ? then welcome here

islamic.teacher
05-24-2013, 06:03 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته،

if you want to memorize quran but always struggle
if you have memorized quran but always forget what you have memorized
if you have a problem sitting a goal in regard of memorization and when you do, you fail to stick to it

if you have any problem in regard of quran then i will be pleased to help you here

and i will need an answer to the following questions:
you don't have to answer all questions but i prefer if you do so i can get an idea on how you memorize and revise and according to your replies i will set a plan for you
if you (SISTERS ONLY) prefer to send me the answers on private then i'm happy to reply you, although i prefer to have the answers here so everyone can benefit

the questions:
- how much have you memorized from quran?
- which sura would you like to memorize now?
- how many verses can you memorize every day? or how many pages ? whatever way suits you
- how many times do you repeat one verse? how many times do you repeat the whole part that you have memorized on one day?
- how often do you revise what you have memorized?

umm abdul rahmaan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
:wa:
welcome to the forum sister,
I have memorized only juz Amma,surah yaseen,rahman etc during my childhood.
I want to memorize more I'm thinking of memorizing surah baqara,I am afraid of forgetting.juz Ammah consist of small surah ,I keep on revising,I fear that I might forget after memorizing long surah if won't be able revise in the prayer.
2-3 days before I memorize only 2 pages of surah baqarah and I stopped it.imsad

islamic.teacher
05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
:wa:
welcome to the forum sister,
I have memorized only juz Amma,surah yaseen,rahman etc during my childhood.
I want to memorize more I'm thinking of memorizing surah baqara,I am afraid of forgetting.juz Ammah consist of small surah ,I keep on revising,I fear that I might forget after memorizing long surah if won't be able revise in the prayer.
2-3 days before I memorize only 2 pages of surah baqarah and I stopped it.imsad
jazak allah khairan sister

the key word is repeat and repeat and repeat, the more you repeat, the more you will be able to recall what you have memorized

there's a well known story about one of the salaf who wanted to memorize a book, he kept repeating the page over and over and over for nearly 70 times
and there was an old lady who's living in the flat under him and she used to her him while he memorize, so once she called him asking why is he repeating too many times
he said: that's how i memorize
she said: but i have memorized it from hearing it for a couple of times only
he said: ok say it then
so she did

after nearly a year, he called her asking her to say it again, she said: i have forgotten it
he said: but i didn't, and he revised it in front of her then said, that's why i read it so many times

the point is, the more you repeat it and the more you revise it, the more you will be able to recall it after a long time
revising in your prayer is the best test for you to see if your memorization is good or not

now, can you recall juz Amma, surah yassin, rahmaan etc ?? do you consider your memorization for them poor, good, very good, excellent?

now our goal will be to memorize surat al-baqara plus revising what you have memorized from other surahs

i need to know how much can you memorize each day?
how long does it take every day to memorize it?
how many time do you repeat it each day?

after you answer all these questions, i will put a plan to show you the process you need to follow in regard of memorizing and revising
i want you to stick to it and in sha'llah you will be very happy with the results

may allah make things easy for you

Pure Purple
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic.teacher
can you recall juz Amma, surah yassin, rahmaan etc ?? do you consider your memorization for them poor, good, very good, excellent?
I consider my memorization good,I can recall.

I memorized juz Amma by under the supervision of hafiz,I don't remember how much I used to memorized each day,The hafiz said to me I have good memory to encourage me.

Depends on my mood,I'm not consistent in any work,when I'm excited I feel I should finish it as much by today

how many time do you repeat it each day?
depend,when I have to recite other surah like kahf,or long tilawat or going for tajweed on that day I don't revise.

how long does it take every day to memorize it?
Don't know I never notice time etc,I can say I have average memory.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic.teacher
05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
now that's not helping *smiles*

at least tell me what's the minimum you can memorize each day and what's the maximum

also if you REALLY want to memorize quran then you have to take it seriously, saying it depend on my mood is not good
also relaying on whether you are free or not is also not good

you want to memorize quran then you MUST make time for it no matter how you are busy
other wise there's no point of memorizing

in regard of memory, it's good to remember that good memorization is a gift from Allah, he give it to us whenever he wants and he can take it away from us whenever he wants, so we shouldn't rely on something we don't own.

hannifta
05-24-2013, 09:27 PM
l teach my self in memorizing and finishing the Qur'an, it takes me two weeks to finish one surah, but may Allah help me in finishing and memorizing it though its hard teaching my self

islamic.teacher
05-25-2013, 03:09 AM
true it's not easy teaching yourself but it's not impossible as well

all i can advice you is to listen to quran ALOT especially the sura you want to memorize so you can memorize quran with as correct pronounciation as you can
and if you find anyone to hear you while revising to make sure that you have no mistakes then it will be excellent, even if you do it once every couple of month

if not then record your voice while revising then after you finish, open the quran and listen to your voice to see if you have any mistakes

may allah make it easy for you and help you finish memorizing the whole quran

Pure Purple
05-25-2013, 06:39 AM
least tell me what's the minimum you can memorize each day and what's the maximum
10 ayat
also if you REALLY want to memorize quran then you have to take it seriously, saying it depend on my mood is not good
also relaying on whether you are free or not is also not good
My target is to memorize only upto surah baqarah.
[

islamic.teacher
05-25-2013, 12:35 PM
10 verses is nearly one page

in sha'allah i will write a plan for the whole surah and give it to you

islamic.teacher
05-26-2013, 08:59 AM
i can't post links or images so i need to open a new document in word with 4 columns
first column for day/date
second column for what you will memorise
third column for revising what you have memorised recently
fourth column for revising what you have memorised long time ago

that table will be for 73 day
fill in the first column with days
and the forth column, fill it in what what you have memorised before (juz Amma, yassin, rahmaan,...) where each day you will revise one juz only for once a week
ex: Mon ... juz amma
Tue ... yassin + rahmaan + ...
and so one
now i think what you have memorised before is not more than 7 juz' which mean you will have a couple of days free, that's fine, leave it free

in sha'llah i will be back with what should be written in second and third column

snowflake122
05-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Welcome here sister.

I have memorized 107 Surahs Alhamdulillah (I had started memorizing from the last juz) . Presently I am memorizing Surah Yunus.
The Surahs which are left (yet to memorize ) are Surah Taubah,Surah Yusuf, Surah Hood, Surah Ibrahim , Surah An Nahl, and Surah Nur.

The Surahs which I have done recently are Surah Maidah And Surah Anaam ( I find myself weak in it now).

Along with hifz , I am a student of dentistry. I find it very difficult to revise . I don't understand what to revise and how much to revise each day .
I don't understand how to give my time to revision and new memorization together .

I did not have a hifz teacher (for my daily lessons) as such till now . Searched a lot for a teacher , but did not get ,I listen to qiraat of many reciters , see its translation in English and then memorize. My parents and family help me . And then in my holidays , I go recite the whole memorized part to any quran teacher.

- how many verses can you memorize every day? or how many pages ?

I memorize around 1 page everyday . ( At times I do 2)

- how many times do you repeat one verse? how many times do you repeat the whole part that you have memorized on one day?

One verse I repeat around 15 20 times , untill I find myself good with it . The whole part I repeat 2-3 times a day .

The part which I have memorized recently , I revise around 3 pages everyday.

The part which I have memorized before, I am trying to make it 1 juz a day ., But somehow I find very difficult to be consistent . Every 6 months ( my holidays) , I go recite around a juz daily to a teacher.

Please help.

islamic.teacher
05-28-2013, 05:08 AM
i can't post links or images so i need to open a new document in word with 4 columns
first column for day/date
second column for what you will memorise
third column for revising what you have memorised recently
fourth column for revising what you have memorised long time ago

that table will be for 73 day
fill in the first column with days
and the forth column, fill it in what what you have memorised before (juz Amma, yassin, rahmaan,...) where each day you will revise one juz only for once a week
ex: Mon ... juz amma
Tue ... yassin + rahmaan + ...
and so one
now i think what you have memorised before is not more than 7 juz' which mean you will have a couple of days free, that's fine, leave it free

in sha'llah i will be back with what should be written in second and third column
ok here's what should be in second column, i will write each day in one line, so fill the table with it

memorise verses 1 - 5
memorise 6 - 16
memorise 17 - 24
memorise 25 - 29
revise verses 1 - 29

memorise 30 -37
memorise 38 - 48
memorise 49 - 57
memorise 58 - 61
revise 30 - 61

memorise 62 - 69
memorise 70 - 76
revise 62 - 76
revise 1 - 76

memorise 77 - 83
memorise 84 - 88
memorise 89 - 93
memorise 94 - 101
revise 77 - 101

memorise 102 - 105
106 - 112
113 - 119
120 - 126
revise 102 - 126

memorise 127 - 134
135 - 141
revise 127 - 141
revise 1 - 141
revise again 1 - 141
TEST 1 - 141

memorise 142 - 145
146 - 153
154 - 163
164 - 169
revise 142 - 169

(will be back with the rest of the plan in sha'aalh cause i have to go now)

for third column, it will be a daily revision for al baqara from verse 1 till where you have stopped memorising

islamic.teacher
05-28-2013, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snowflake122
Assalamu alaikum,

Welcome here sister.

I have memorized 107 Surahs Alhamdulillah (I had started memorizing from the last juz) . Presently I am memorizing Surah Yunus.
The Surahs which are left (yet to memorize ) are Surah Taubah,Surah Yusuf, Surah Hood, Surah Ibrahim , Surah An Nahl, and Surah Nur.

The Surahs which I have done recently are Surah Maidah And Surah Anaam ( I find myself weak in it now).

Along with hifz , I am a student of dentistry. I find it very difficult to revise . I don't understand what to revise and how much to revise each day .
I don't understand how to give my time to revision and new memorization together .

I did not have a hifz teacher (for my daily lessons) as such till now . Searched a lot for a teacher , but did not get ,I listen to qiraat of many reciters , see its translation in English and then memorize. My parents and family help me . And then in my holidays , I go recite the whole memorized part to any quran teacher.

- how many verses can you memorize every day? or how many pages ?

I memorize around 1 page everyday . ( At times I do 2)

One verse I repeat around 15 20 times , untill I find myself good with it . The whole part I repeat 2-3 times a day .

The part which I have memorized recently , I revise around 3 pages everyday.

The part which I have memorized before, I am trying to make it 1 juz a day ., But somehow I find very difficult to be consistent . Every 6 months ( my holidays) , I go recite around a juz daily to a teacher.

Please help.
we alekom el salam we rahmat allah we barakatoh,

ma sha'allah tabarak allah

don't worry, in sha'llah everything will be good

all you need to do is to keep revising and i will help with a plan for it in sha'llah

how long (by minutes) do you usually take to read one juz' ?

do you mind concentrating on revising now
OR
you prefer to keep memorising what's left from the quran along with revising what you have memorised?

snowflake122
05-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa arhamatullahi wa barakatahu .

I would really appreciate if you help me with a plan .
I take around 25 -30 mins for 1 juz.

I prefer memorizing what is left along with memorizing .

Thank you .

snowflake122
05-28-2013, 08:42 AM
I attend classes everyday from morning 8 am to 4 30 pm . I get only 1 hour lunch break in the middle.

JazakaAllahu khairan.

islamic.teacher
05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
that's good
at the moment i want you to read 2 juz' every day which means you should finish reciting the whole quran once every fortnight, this should be a revision for what you have memorised and a preparation for what you are going to memorise

in sha'llah i will make a plan for you for memorizing the new surah with revising the old one

i understand from here that apart from Maidah and Anaam and Yunus, you have no problem revising the rest of the surah's

ps: i might take some time writing the plan because i'm traveling in a couple of days and my end of the year exam is after a week, so forgive me in advance

all i want you to do is to concentrate on reading 2 juz' a day

snowflake122
05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Alright , I will try to read 2 juz a day. Will let you know if I could do that after some days.

Sister, Take your own time . All the best for your exams. May Allah help you .

islamic.teacher
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
in sha'llah you can do it, you don't have to read it at once time, you can divide it during the day

yes please let me know how you go because it's going to be part of the plan

jazak allah khairan for your duaa

islamic.teacher
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM
ok here's what should be in second column, i will write each day in one line, so fill the table with it

memorise verses 1 - 5
memorise 6 - 16
memorise 17 - 24
memorise 25 - 29
revise verses 1 - 29

memorise 30 -37
memorise 38 - 48
memorise 49 - 57
memorise 58 - 61
revise 30 - 61

memorise 62 - 69
memorise 70 - 76
revise 62 - 76
revise 1 - 76

memorise 77 - 83
memorise 84 - 88
memorise 89 - 93
memorise 94 - 101
revise 77 - 101

memorise 102 - 105
106 - 112
113 - 119
120 - 126
revise 102 - 126

memorise 127 - 134
135 - 141
revise 127 - 141
revise 1 - 141
revise again 1 - 141
TEST 1 - 141

memorise 142 - 145
146 - 153
154 - 163
164 - 169
revise 142 - 169
memorise 170 - 176
177 - 181
182 - 186
187 - 190
revise 170 - 190

memorise 191 - 196
197 - 202
revise 142 - 202

memorise 203 - 210
211 - 215
216 - 219
220 - 224
revise 203 - 224

memorise 225 -230
231 - 233
234 - 237
238 - 245
revise 225 - 245

memorise 246 - 248
249 - 252
revise 203 - 252
revise 135 - 252
revise again 135 - 252
TEST 135 - 252

memorise 253 - 256
257 - 259
260 - 264
265 - 269
revise 253 - 269

memorise 270 - 274
275 - 281
282 - 282
283 - 286
revise 270 - 286
revise 253 - 286
revise 1 - 286
revise again 1 - 286
TEST in Surah Al Baqara

let me know if you have any problem with the plan

islamic.teacher
05-29-2013, 12:22 PM
for moderators
is there any problem if i tried posting a link to a file although i did not become a full member yet?
as you can see it's hard for me to explain how the table should be

i'm thinking of posting a link and divide it to a few lines
.islamicboard
.com
/quran/134320020-anyone-have-problem-memorizing-revising-quran-then-welcome-here-2.html#post1584689

islamic.teacher
06-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Alright , I will try to read 2 juz a day. Will let you know if I could do that after some days.
still waiting *smile*

snowflake122
06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Assalamu alaikum ,

Sorry for replying late. My university exams are round the corner , So got busy with it .
I did try reading 2 juz a day . I could do it for some days in the beginning , And then because of my exams ,,etc... I shifted back to 1 juz a day . :( . Will maintain reading 1 juz a day till my exams finish.

InshaAllah I will do 2 juz after my exams . I can do 2 juz , so plz include it in the plan .

Regarding the new memorization , I finished with surah Yunus. Now I am revising it.

Please include us in your duas .

Jazakallahu khairan for your efforts sis , May Allah bless you , Ameen .

snowflake122
06-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis ..
My exams have almost finished. I have started reading 2 juz everyday . Alhamdulillah .I have been doing it .

May Allah help all of us to understand the Quran and implement its teachings in our life .

islamic.teacher
07-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Allah Al Mosta'an
i'm so so so sorry
i got busy with exams then when i finished, things were really bad in egypt and elhamdolelah we left egypt safely a few days ago

tell me how are you doing with reading 2 juz a day? what are you memorizing now? which surah's needs more revision?

snowflake122
08-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis,

I am sorry to hear about it, Hows things going in Egypt now ?? And where did you people go to?May Allah help you people and all the others who are suffering in the world.

Alhamdulillah ,I am doing well with 2 juz everyday . Presently I am memorising Suah Hud( new memorization ). I find the first half Surahs (leaving Surah Baqara and Aal-Imran ) are comparatively difficult than the last half of Quran .

islamic.teacher
08-06-2013, 02:18 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته،
elhamdolelah for everything
things in egypt are really bad, the new government made it clear that they want nothing islamic + they are taking people's money to pay salaries, so there's no money in the banks + they borrowed lots of money from other countries so i guess all of this shows where things are going
it's not safe for practising muslims to live there right now, they are abusing brothers with beards and sisters with niqab and they killed a lot of them

elhamdolelah we are living in riyadh where my husbands works, but we usually spend the school holiday in egypt.

----------

for you memorization, it's normal to find the first half of the quran difficult since there's lots of similar verses
my advice is you should concentrate on revising more than memorizing
that doesn't mean we will stop memorizing the quran, because if we stopped it then when you go back to memorise again, it will be hard for you and your mind will take a while untill it gets in the memorization mood again

this is one week plan that i would like you to follow:
- keep reading 2 juz' a day
- decrease the amount of memorization so you will memorise no more than 4 lines a day
- take one surah from the surahs you are having difficulty with, revise it for a whole week and repeat it each day as much as you can
- keep revising the surah you are memorising now

by the end of the week, if you still having problem with that surah, then repeat the plan for another week, if you are happy with your self with that surah then go to the next surah and do the same thing

and let me know how you go

snowflake122
08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu ,

May Allah help the people there . Its really sad to hear anything of this kind in any corner of the world.

Regarding hifz , I will follow this pattern In sha Allah . Willl start my week from today .!. Will let you know hows it after a week. JazakaAllahu khairan for the plan .

Its Eid tomorrow over here ,. Eid mubarak !!!!!...... :)

islamic.teacher
08-07-2013, 11:46 PM
same here
Eid Mubarak to you too

Pure Purple
08-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Eid mubarak sis
I'm far behind according to your timetable.imsad

Abu dujjana
08-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I have always struggeld to memorize the quran i have memorized all of juz amma and i want to inshallah memorize the whole of quran but usually memorize only a line or two a day and revise what ive learned whenever i can i repeat the quran ayats until it sticks in my head

islamic.teacher
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Eid mubarak sis
I'm far behind according to your timetable.imsad
Eid Mubarak to you sister

Allahu Al Musta'an

ok, lets be honest and try to find the reasons that made you behind
- having difficulty memorizing??
- not having strong will to memorize?
- some other reasons?

islamic.teacher
08-12-2013, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu dujjana
I have always struggeld to memorize the quran i have memorized all of juz amma and i want to inshallah memorize the whole of quran but usually memorize only a line or two a day and revise what ive learned whenever i can i repeat the quran ayats until it sticks in my head
Barak Allahu fekom

i know lots of people who memorized the same way and they finished memorizing the whole quran ma sha'allah
one of them is a taxi driver, he used to memorize at the traffic lights then revise it while he's driving

the most important is to have a strong will to memorize, and to really value the time you spend with the quran (to the point that you will be willing to leave anything you have just to sit with your quran, to leave going out and chatting on the phone just to be with your best friend "quran" where you feel safe and peaceful)

Pure Purple
08-13-2013, 03:02 AM
not having strong will to memorize?
imsad
some other reasons?
I was more concentrating on tilawat of quran during ramadan.:ia: I will continue.I have one more reason but I can't send you a p.m .you are not a full member.

snowflake122
08-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis,
Its almost a week since you gave me that 1 week plan ( which included a Surah revision extra ), But because of all the eid rush and stuff I coudnt actually maintain it . I will start it again from tomorrow InshaAllah . Will let you know how it goes after 1 more week InshaAllah

May Allah help us in memorizing his book , understand it and implement its teachings in our life . Aameen.

islamic.teacher
08-19-2013, 06:24 PM
not having strong will to memorize?
imsad
this is one of the important points
if you want to keep on memorising with high will, then you should work on your heart by doing lots of isteghfar (asking for forgiveness)
read a lot about Tawhid
all of these should help you to feel the greatness of Allah and appreciate and value the quran which will result in having a strong will to memorise in sha'allah

some other reasons?
I was more concentrating on tilawat of quran during ramadan.:ia: I will continue.I have one more reason but I can't send you a p.m .you are not a full member.[/QUOTE]
i can recieve PM but i cannot reply to any untill i become a full member which seems that it will take some time

islamic.teacher
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis,
Its almost a week since you gave me that 1 week plan ( which included a Surah revision extra ), But because of all the eid rush and stuff I coudnt actually maintain it . I will start it again from tomorrow InshaAllah . Will let you know how it goes after 1 more week InshaAllah

May Allah help us in memorizing his book , understand it and implement its teachings in our life
Aameen.
we alekom el salam sister,
no problem sis

allahuma ameen to your duaa

snowflake122
09-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Assalamu alaikum sis .

My classes have begun and as it is , Its very difficult to maintain revision. I have stopped doing hifz of new chapters and am concentrating only on revision.
I listen to 1 juz (without seeing the Quran ) and read 1 juz with Quran.[ 2 juz which I was supposed to revise everyday .] Along with us , I have been reading few pages of the Surah in which I find myself weak. Is it ok??

May Allah make it easy for all of us.

islamic.teacher
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
that's fine

i just want you to try something
i want you to try doing this in the early morning, prefereably after fajr
and above all of this, i want you try to memorise at least a couple of line a day from the new chapters
the reasons is i fear that if you stop memorising then you will have hard time when you want to start memorization again

try it and see how things goand most important, let it be the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning

islamic.teacher
09-16-2013, 10:55 AM
we alekom el slaam we rahmat allaj we barakatoh

snowflake122
09-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu .
InshaAllah will try that . The reason i stopped with the new memorization is I have only 2 chapters ( Soorah Nahl and Surah An-Nur ) left as new memorization and hav lots to recall and revise .

InshaAllah will try this . Will be doing bit bit like a sentence or two ., Will start with Surah An - Nahl inshaAllah .

Thank you so much sis . JazakaAllahu khairan .

islamic.teacher
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM

ma sha'allah may allah keep it in your heart forever and bless your life with quran

ok, that's fine and keep me updated with how's things going with you

islamic.teacher
09-16-2013, 05:28 PM
in regrad of reading the two juz'
i want it to be that way
juz' 1 - juz' 16
juz' 2 - juz' 17
juz' 3 - juz' 18
and so on
so you will be revising from th beginning and the end together

^
that's what my teacher always advice us

snowflake122
09-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Assalamu alaikum ,

Did you mean one Juz in the first and another from the last ???

I have been reading in order. Like , After I complete the first one go for the 2nd one.

islamic.teacher
09-22-2013, 08:25 AM
we alekom el salam,
yep that's what i meant
one from the begining and one from the middle

snowflake122
09-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Assalamu alaikum .
ok , will start this way InshaAllah . :)

uptimist
12-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Alhamdulilah, i've been lookng for this for long.I am a university student of mathematics in my 2nd year but i will only use 4 years for the course and i hope to memorise the whole quran before my graduation. Is this posible?I have only memorised 5 juz: from juz amma, tabaaraka, and qad sami'a then juz yaasin and zumar for the past few months and wish to continue.Please i need a weekly plan for memorisation and revision.I do memorise a page every morning after subhi for 45 minutes and during the pauses of my day, i revise. Please help.Jazaakumullahu khayran

islamic.teacher
12-10-2013, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by uptimist
Alhamdulilah, i've been lookng for this for long.I am a university student of mathematics in my 2nd year but i will only use 4 years for the course and i hope to memorise the whole quran before my graduation. Is this posible?I have only memorised 5 juz: from juz amma, tabaaraka, and qad sami'a then juz yaasin and zumar for the past few months and wish to continue.Please i need a weekly plan for memorisation and revision.I do memorise a page every morning after subhi for 45 minutes and during the pauses of my day, i revise. Please help.Jazaakumullahu khayran
Salam Alekom we Rahmat Allah we Barakatoh,

yes you can in sha'allah

my question is: are you willing to spend around 2 hours everyday (memorizing, revision, reciting and listening to quran), and the result will be perfect memorization from day one?

if yes then i will put a weekly plan for you but we will start from Al Baqarah
and every week i will provide you with the next week plan

uptimist
12-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Wa alaykumus salam.Sure! I can devote 2 hours daily insha Allah.One hour in the morning after fajr and d other one hour during d day insha Allah.I await the plan!Jazaakumulahu khayran

truthseeker63
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Good Topic.

islamic.teacher
12-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Wa alaykumus salam.Sure! I can devote 2 hours daily insha Allah.One hour in the morning after fajr and d other one hour during d day insha Allah.I await the plan!Jazaakumulahu khayran
excellent

before we start the plan, i will give an introduction about this way of memorization, it's idea belong to Shaikh Saeed Hamza
it's called: Memorizing Quran by five forts

it includes five forts that needs to be done EVERYDAY except for memorization and preparation that will be 5 days a week
you SHOULD NOT leave any of these forts no matter how busy you are because it's the only way you will get perfect memorisation from day one
if you miss any of these forts, then you won't have the same result (perfection) as you get when you follow the full plan

now let me introduce you to the five forts:

1. Recitation and Listening:
- reciting: you need to recite 2 juz' a day, which means that you should finish reciting the whole quran once every 15 day
this will help you get familiar with the words of the quran
you need to learn to recite the quran as fast as you can << by practicing you will be able to do it easily in sha'allah, it will be excellent if you put a goal where you finish one juz' in 20 minute, lots of people can get it in 15 minutes and a few can get it in 10 minutes for onr juz'

- Listening: you need to listen every day to one Hizb (half a juz'), which means you will finish listening to the whole quran once every 60 days
this will help you get familiar with the correct pronunciations of the words of the Quran

2. Preparations: like any subject we study at school, when you read the topic before you go to lecture, you find yourself understand it better than reading it after the lecture
the quran is the same, needs preparation, the more you prepare it, the easiest it will be to memorize
here we have 3 preparation
- weekly preparation: if you will memorize 5 pages a week then you need to read these 5 pages once EVERYDAY during the week before
so you will be familiar with what you are going to memorize
- nightly preparation: you will listen to the page that you are going to memorize next day for about 15 minutes, then you will read it for another 15 minutes
- pre-memorizing preparation: on the day you will memorize the page, before you start memorizing, you need to read that page again for 15 minutes
i guess after all these preparation it should be easy to memorize

3. Memorization: you will memorise that page for no more/less than 15 minutes
you could say i already memorized in 5 minutes, i will say keep memorizing for 15 minutes if you want perfect memorization

4. Near Revision: revise (without looking) the last 20 page that you have memorized, this will be a daily revision

5- Far Revision: what you have memorised before these 20 pages, this will be done once a week where you revise no more than 2 juz' a day

i know that this will look like a hard plan but trust me it's not especially when i provide you with a weekly plan where i specify the page number for each task

one important thing is you need to try your best to read quran fast, the faster you are, the quicker you will be able to finish your daily task

now we will do a simple test
if you succes then we will go a head with the plan, if not then know that you still don't have a strong will in regard of memorizng quran

your test is task one and two
i want you to go now and come after 15 day to tell me that you have finished reciting the whole Quran by reading no more than 2 juz' a day
and that you have also listened to have of the Quran

uptimist
12-11-2013, 07:38 AM
jazaakumullahu khayran for your reply.

it seems i don't' have any problem regarding tilaawah. under normal circumstances, i recite 2 juzu daily and that is within an hour: always between magrib and ishaa daily.

i feel we should go ahead to the plan. i am a tajweed teacher in one of the arabic school in my area. i just need to have a well defined plan to get me memorize the whole of the quran within 2-3 years insha Allah.

thanks

islamic.teacher
12-11-2013, 07:50 AM
that's good ma sha'llah
so you understand arabic then, right ?

according to the plan:
if you memorise one page a day then you will finish it in 121 week (for the whole quran) = 2 years + 6 month
if you memorise two pages a day then it will take 61 week (for the whole quran) = 1 year + 3 month

would you like to memorize a page or two a day?

islamic.teacher
12-11-2013, 11:45 AM
when do you prefer to have your two days off?
you can have a day in the middle of the week and another in the end of the week
you can have both in the weekend

so which days would you like to be off?

uptimist
12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks.I wil prefer the one page per day.In adition, i wil prefer to have d wednesday and sunday as d two day off.Thanks

islamic.teacher
12-11-2013, 02:05 PM
so you understand arabic then, right ?
do you understand arabic ?
i mean if i gave you some lectures to listen to, would you understand it?

in sha'llah i will give you the plan before Monday since the week will start from Monday

uptimist
12-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Yes. I understand arabic. Will be glad to recieve any lecture in the language.I look forward to recieving the plan.Jazaakumulahu khayran

islamic.teacher
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
that's good
i can't post links because i'm not a full member yet
so i want you to google الحصون الخمسة في حفظ القرآن (مرئي) - سعيد أبو العلا حمزة | طريق الإسلام

it will take you to the full series (14 lecture) which explains the five forts in details
it's really important to listen to it to have better understanding of the forts

i'm going to help you with the first few weeks plan but i can't guarantee that i can do it for the next two years so i want you to listen to these lectures to know how does it work and how to make up the weekly plan yourself

the lectures are very beneficial whether you will memorize that way or not because it has useful information in regard of memorization and revisions and the problems that you could face during memorizing and so on

uptimist
12-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Jazakumulahu khayran.I've checked on google and seen the series. I wil start downloadng as soon as posible.As for the plan, please try and draw me a plan of lengthy period (like a year or more) so that i can get the style of the plan and be able to draw up plans myself in d future.Thanks

uptimist
12-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Are u on facebook? Can i have ur facebook I. D for easy reporting of achivements. Thanks

islamic.teacher
12-11-2013, 05:52 PM
it's really hard to do a yearly plan because that will take 365 page of word

ok, maybe this will help to know how the plan looks like
search google, مشروع " حفظ للجنة " بطريقة الحصون الخمسة للشيخ سعيد حمزة

you find the first result is a sisters forum called أخوات طريق الاسلام

open that link and you will find a project for memorizing the whole quran in 61 weeks
it have some weekly plans for memorizing 2 pages a day, have a look at them

and don't worry, i will draw you plans till you get the idea in sha'llah
also if you listen to the series, you will understand it as well

that reminds me that you need to download a copy of audio quran which is divide according to pages so you listen only to the page you are going to memorize

you find a link for that copy of quran in the 61 week project page

and you can tell me your achievment here and get the reward for encouraging your sisters and brothers to memorize quran

uptimist
12-12-2013, 11:07 AM
alright. jazaakumullahu khayran.

anisafatima
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Memorization of Holy Quran is just like a miracle because a tender age kid can easily memorize it but elder feel tougher as they are capable to bear more hazards and kids does not.

nutty
12-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Asslamun alaikum..
can you please give a a plan too...
currently i am memorising surah tawkir...but the thing is i have partially if not all forgotton the previous surahs...due to not having a proper revision plan..so atm i am trying to re-memorise previous surah as well as my new memorisation which i have cut down to few verse..i need a plan which inshaAllaah i will stick to ...please make dua for me..

islamic.teacher
12-12-2013, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anisafatima
Memorization of Holy Quran is just like a miracle because a tender age kid can easily memorize it but elder feel tougher as they are capable to bear more hazards and kids does not.
That's not true sister
there's so many elders who were able to memorize quran easily
it all depends on the plan they are following

islamic.teacher
12-12-2013, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Asslamun alaikum..
can you please give a a plan too...
currently i am memorising surah tawkir...but the thing is i have partially if not all forgotton the previous surahs...due to not having a proper revision plan..so atm i am trying to re-memorise previous surah as well as my new memorisation which i have cut down to few verse..i need a plan which inshaAllaah i will stick to ...please make dua for me..
we alekom el salam we rahmat allah we barakatoh
if you want my advice then leave what you are memorizing and start from scratch by following the plan that i will put for brother uptimist

my words is for everyone
this way that i introduced to the brother is the best way to memorise quran and keep remembering it
and it's suitable for all ages (young - adult - old)

if one more of you is interested to memorize that way, then i will open a new topic for the plans for everyone to follow
BUT you must be really serious about memorizing and not just hoping to memorize

islamic.teacher
12-12-2013, 06:37 PM
elhamdolelah finally i became a full member

here's a sample of an arabic weekly plan, it's so details on what needs to be done every day and that's what i will be making for yours in sha'llah

islamic.teacher
12-12-2013, 06:45 PM
here's the quran divided into pages
all you need to do is to listen to the page you want to memorize
http://archive.org/download/Quran--a...rt_vbr_mp3.zip

uptimist
12-13-2013, 09:48 PM
oh, jazaakumullahu khayran! i've been waiting for this! will go through it thoroughly and get back to you

islamic.teacher
12-14-2013, 11:58 AM
here's your first week plan, in sha'llah when i'm free, i will open a new topic for these weekly plan so it will be easy for anyone to find it later on
and i will put all the links for everything needed (audio quran - a copy of quran pdf - ...)

islamic.teacher
12-14-2013, 12:00 PM
oh, jazaakumullahu khayran! i've been waiting for this! will go through it thoroughly and get back to you
no
that was an example
i have put yours now in my previous post and it will be in English so anyone can use it

nutty
12-14-2013, 01:04 PM
jazakAllaahu khyran..i am serious abt memorising and look forward to the weekly plan..

uptimist
12-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Gud! That means i will have to stop my previous tilawah and start with this new plan on monday insha Allah.Please never leave us for once o!Jazaakumulahu khayran.

islamic.teacher
12-14-2013, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
jazakAllaahu khyran..i am serious abt memorising and look forward to the weekly plan..
the first week plan is in post 69

islamic.teacher
12-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Gud! That means i will have to stop my previous tilawah and start with this new plan on monday insha Allah.Please never leave us for once o!Jazaakumulahu khayran.
yes it's better to follow the plan in regard of recitation
also for you i want you to fill in the old revision section for Fri, Sat, Sun with the five juz' you have memorised where you have to revise 2 juz' a day
knowing that later on you will push these three days forward to the next week and the old revision will be once a fortnight instead of once weekly

in sha'allah later i will put an empty copy of the plan for whoever want to print it out
all you have to do is print 121 copy and make it a small book and every week fill it in with your home work

in sha'allah i will be with yours unless allah wish otherwise

uptimist
12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
did u mean friday-2 juz , saturday-2juz and sunday another 2 juz all from which i have memorised?

uptimist
12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
could you seperate the Quran in pages to make it smaller please? i am having problem downloading. maybe you should divide it into two or 4 please. thanks

islamic.teacher
12-16-2013, 03:50 AM
did u mean friday-2 juz , saturday-2juz and sunday another 2 juz all from which i have memorised?
yes that's what i meant

islamic.teacher
12-16-2013, 05:41 AM
could you seperate the Quran in pages to make it smaller please? i am having problem downloading. maybe you should divide it into two or 4 please. thanks
that's a bet hard
can't you get a hard copy one, at least you can carry it with you any place

try downloading this one
http://www.4shared.com/office/e7-1Zf9D/___online.html

here's online copy
http://www.quranflash.com/books/Medi...n&skin=textile

uptimist
12-16-2013, 06:29 AM
The quran i'm refering to is d audio which u wrote d download link above in .zip format. I think u said it was divided in hizb!

islamic.teacher
12-16-2013, 06:34 AM
The quran i'm refering to is d audio which u wrote d download link above in .zip format. I think u said it was divided in hizb!
aha
no, it's divided into pages not into hizb
here you can download whatever page you want
http://archive.org/details/Quran--al...asel--604-part

uptimist
12-16-2013, 08:12 AM
yeah. that's it. thanks

islamic.teacher
12-21-2013, 07:29 PM
next week plan
the weekly reading should be 5 pages and not 10 as i wrote mistakenly last week cause you memorise 1 page and not 2

uptimist
12-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Good. I almost wanted to ask u.Jazaakumullahu khayran.

uptimist
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I think the pre-memorisation should start on sunday night for the monday hifz?Also, will i have to read the weekly hizb everyday of d week?Moreover, can i use another reciter like as-sudais or almathrud instead of husory as he's too slow for my liking?Lastly, how do i revise my last 5 juz this week again. D ones you pland 4 me last week workd well.Jazaakumulahu khayran!

snowflake122
12-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis ,

Lately I have not being able to folllow the plan which I was supposed. I am not able to be consistent in revision .Somedays I revise more and
somedays very less. I understand I must be steadfast but I waste a lot of time and my sleep time has also increased .
I find it very difficult to get up for Tahajjud too.

I am done with new memorization of all the chapters Alhamdulillah., but since I am not revising properly , i think i have forgotten many chapters.
I am thinking of starting memorization again using the 5 Fort s method InshaAllah.I am planning of starting from SuraAn Nisaa and going till the last.
Is it ok if I do this way ??

Do tell me ways to be consistent in revision .

JazakhaAllahu khairan

islamic.teacher
12-28-2013, 08:01 PM
I think the pre-memorisation should start on sunday night for the monday hifz?Also, will i have to read the weekly hizb everyday of d week?Moreover, can i use another reciter like as-sudais or almathrud instead of husory as he's too slow for my liking?Lastly, how do i revise my last 5 juz this week again. D ones you pland 4 me last week workd well.Jazaakumulahu khayran!
sorry for the delay. i didn't get any notification through email so i didn't know that there's new posts

1. no pre-memorisation is on the same day as memorisation and it should be done a few minutes before memorisation
2. it's not a hizb but it's half a hizb and i thought the plan is clear because i wrote what should be done everyday
3. i know husary is slow and it will take you some time to get used to it but he's the one of the best in tajweed and the purpose of listening is to be familiar with the words and how to recite it correctly and since you are a tajweed teacher then you understand that clearly
4. you will do the same for the five juz' everyweek

we eyakom

islamic.teacher
12-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis ,

Lately I have not being able to folllow the plan which I was supposed. I am not able to be consistent in revision .Somedays I revise more and
somedays very less. I understand I must be steadfast but I waste a lot of time and my sleep time has also increased .
I find it very difficult to get up for Tahajjud too.

I am done with new memorization of all the chapters Alhamdulillah., but since I am not revising properly , i think i have forgotten many chapters.
I am thinking of starting memorization again using the 5 Fort s method InshaAllah.I am planning of starting from SuraAn Nisaa and going till the last.
Is it ok if I do this way ??

Do tell me ways to be consistent in revision .

JazakhaAllahu khairan
we alekom el salam we rahmat allah we barakatoh
welcome back sister - smile -

just for now i want you to make lots of isteghfar
get your tahajud to be after ishaa
make sure you stay away from anything haram no matter how small is it
get away from places where sisters talk about other sisters behind their back
keep reciting at least 2 juz' a day

tell me what which chapter exactly you have forgotten
i hope that you give me more details so i can think what should be done

to be consistent in revision:
- you need to choose a time where no one will bother you
- make quran your first priority and know that entering jannah is not easy, so if you want jannah then you have to fight for it more than you fight for job and money and marriage and kids and ......

islamic.teacher
12-28-2013, 08:11 PM
week3 plan

snowflake122
12-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Assalamu alaikum sis.

InshaAllah., JazakaAllahu khairan

I have difficulty in Sura Maidah , Anaam , Aaraf , Taubah , An Noor and so my confidence level in other Surah have also decreased.
Its not that I have forgotten the whole chapter , but i do make many mistakes when I read with the book closed
And then I get the feeling that I don remember anything . I am planning of starting memorization from Sura An Nisaa using the five forts plan.
the Surahs which I find easier I wl go faster inshaAllah.
Is this alright ? I think this will boost me if I memorize everything in order little by little along with revision.

Early morning is the only time when nobody bother me , as people here sleep late night(i stay in a hostel ) , but I cant read Quran loudly that time
as my room mate will be sleeping that time. ( I like reading loudly as it helps me memorize faster )

islamic.teacher
12-30-2013, 04:48 PM
for the moderator: i haven't been reciving any notification for the new posts lately, anyway to solve this problem?

Assalamu alaikum sis.

InshaAllah., JazakaAllahu khairan

I have difficulty in Sura Maidah , Anaam , Aaraf , Taubah , An Noor and so my confidence level in other Surah have also decreased.
Its not that I have forgotten the whole chapter , but i do make many mistakes when I read with the book closed
And then I get the feeling that I don remember anything . I am planning of starting memorization from Sura An Nisaa using the five forts plan.
the Surahs which I find easier I wl go faster inshaAllah.
Is this alright ? I think this will boost me if I memorize everything in order little by little along with revision.

Early morning is the only time when nobody bother me , as people here sleep late night(i stay in a hostel ) , but I cant read Quran loudly that time
as my room mate will be sleeping that time. ( I like reading loudly as it helps me memorize faster )

yes that's fine
just make sure not to miss the nightly preparation (reading + listening) and pre-memorisation and revising 2 juz' everyday

reading loudly is very important and it's must to do while reciting or memorizing or even revising
do you think you can go out to the living room and read loudly ??

if not then get a headphone with big speakers like this and wear it and start reading, you will find your voice really loud but if anyone is sitting next to you then they won't hear it as loud as you do and you can test that by recording your voice and listen to it to see how can people here you

islamic.teacher
12-30-2013, 05:10 PM
here will be everything about five forts plan in sha'llah
http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...orts-plan.html

i think it might not appear untill the moderator approve it because it's moderated right now

snowflake122
12-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Assalamu alaikum sis, I do have a headphone similar to the one shown , and yes it does seem loud without the other person feeling so .JazakaAllahu khairan.Will let you know if i have any difficulties.

islamic.teacher
01-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks.I wil prefer the one page per day.In adition, i wil prefer to have d wednesday and sunday as d two day off.Thanks
do you mind if i change the two days off to be two days in the row
Fri - Sat or Sat - Sun
cause that will be better for revision to revise two days in the row and to be more confident with what you have memorised later on

islamic.teacher
01-03-2014, 03:33 PM
i have changed the days off and choosed what i believe is best for your memorisation
from now on i will be posting the plans in the other topic in sha'llah

uptimist
01-03-2014, 03:50 PM
alright, jazaakumullahu khayran. sat-sunday will be prefereable

islamic.teacher
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
that's what i have done

the new fixed plan is in the other topic

uptimist
01-03-2014, 03:56 PM
alright.thanks

gzamlea
02-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Salam Alaikoum,

My apologies for posting in the wrong thread. Is there a way to remove the post from the wrong thread?

Here goes again:

I am really interested in starting the five forts plan but I would like to ask for some advice before embarking on this journey.

Alhamdoulillah I have already memorized approximately 12 juz from sura Ali Imrane to sura Al Isra. I try to revise a portion of it every day by waking 1.5 hours before leaving for work. This means that I can usually revise 1.5 juz, depending on which part I am revising. However I am really struggling to get my revision to a decent level and feel like I'm going in circles.

I also go every saturday and sunday morning to a masjid to recite on the imam but it still is not enough.

My question is how should I proceed in revising them so they get stronger as fast as possible and I can continue memorizing because I started a tajweed course and we have to memorise from sura Albaqarah.

Jazakumullahu Khairan for your precious advice,

islamic.teacher
02-05-2014, 10:34 AM
We Alekom el salam we rahmat allah we barakatoh,

that's fine, don't worry about the post over there

taking 1.5 hours for 1.5 juz' is actually too much
one juz should take around 20 minute if your speed is regular, and if you are fast then from 10 - 15 minutes

one thing you need to practice now is to recite quran fast by listening to someone, at least try to finish one juz' in 30 minute then later on reduce it more

as for what you have memorised already, the only way to proceed in it is by repeating it
the more you repeat, the more you will get better, the faster you will be able to read
that's why the five forts plan is the best way to have an excellent memorization of the quran because you get to repeat it a lot before and after memorizing

gzamlea
02-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Do you mean that I have to be able to revise a juz in 20 minutes or less from memory? Because when I revise my mushaf is closed and I try to revise with some tajweed rules but very very lightly. Honestly it seems very difficult to revise a juz in 20 minutes. Usually it takes me 40 min to do a juz when I know it well but I will try to speed things up to reach 30 minutes.

What I really wanted to know is should I keep doing what I have been doing now for a few months: revising 1.5 juz daily from ali imrane and following the mushaf until I reach Al Isra which takes me usally 8 days. However by the time I'm done with the end of the cycle the beginning has become weak again. This leads me to believe that I'm doing somthing wrong and I can't progress. It even makes me lose my motivation as I feel I' going nowhere.

So I was wondering if there isn't another strategy to focus on a part for a week or something like that. But I'm just guessing and I don't want to try some random method that's going to hurt my revision even more.

islamic.teacher
02-05-2014, 11:05 AM
yes you should be able to recite and revise one juz' in 20 minutes
it will be hard in the beginning but with practice, it will get easier day after day
give yourself two weeks practice to be able to reach 30 minutes

for your tajweed, one of the best way to accelerate learning it by listening a lot to quran, choose one reciter and listen to him what you are going to memorise/ revise

as for revision, what you can do is keep revising 1.5 juz' daily
and choose half a juza' (10 pages) to repeat it all day and night for one week as if you are memorizing it again,

uptimist
02-05-2014, 11:09 AM
ooooh. jazaakumullahu khayran! the five fort plan is highly working for me. wit it, i have memorize d first d first juz in baqara.i.m just havin a problem in school and i have stop for abt a week. i hope to start again nxt week.. insha allah. may Allah assist me. and may Allah assist u too and everyone here.

gzamlea
02-05-2014, 11:10 AM
May Allah reward you for your advice.

I will try this inchAllah.

islamic.teacher
02-05-2014, 11:13 AM
ooooh. jazaakumullahu khayran! the five fort plan is highly working for me. wit it, i have memorize d first d first juz in baqara.i.m just havin a problem in school and i have stop for abt a week. i hope to start again nxt week.. insha allah. may Allah assist me. and may Allah assist u too and everyone here.
we eykom brother

i don't advice you to stop because that's from shaitan getting you feel that you are taking too much time
he will make you stop one week now then one week later on then ....
and in the end you will stop for ever

Al Salaf used to increase the amount of quran they read everyday, whenever they lose the blessing in time
to the point that one of them used to read 10 juz' a day to have the time he needs to do all of his work

uptimist
02-05-2014, 11:42 AM
i just need motivations

islamic.teacher
02-05-2014, 11:46 AM
the quotes in Sheikh saed hamza's page should be a big motivator for you
https://www.facebook.com/hefzcenter

a.ahad
02-09-2014, 04:27 PM
thanks for the insight

Abunafeesa
04-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Assalamu alaykum akhi,
I have problems with revising the old surahs that i have previously memoried. I dont know how to plan out the revision so i can memories and not forget the past surahs. What shal i do? Please could you advise me as im confused and dont want to move on quick and forget the previous surahs.
Jazak'Allah khair

islamic.teacher
05-22-2016, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abunafeesa
Assalamu alaykum akhi,
I have problems with revising the old surahs that i have previously memoried. I dont know how to plan out the revision so i can memories and not forget the past surahs. What shal i do? Please could you advise me as im confused and dont want to move on quick and forget the previous surahs.
Jazak'Allah khair
We Alekom el Salam we Rahmat Allah we Barakatoh,
most people don't usually realise that revision is more important than memorising
and since you have realised the importance of revision then you are on the right road with your memorization

the best plan for revision is to have two types of revision
one for what you have memorised recently and this should be revised every day (by reciting them without looking at your quran)
one for what have been memorised since a while ago and this will be on a weekly basis (by reciting them without looking at your quran)

so whenever you memorise anything, keep revising it on a daily basis for one month
then after that keep revising it on a weekly basis

example:
today, you memorised page 1
tomorrow you will revise it then memorise page 2
the day after you will revise page 1 + 2 then memorise the new page
and so on

it's good to record when did you start revising every page to keep track of it

any page which you have revised for one month on a daily basis
will be revised after that on a weekly basis

and the days of the week will be like a container
where you will be filling Monday with all the pages that have been revised for one month
and when you fill it with 2 Juz' ,
you will start filling Tuesday untill it reach 2 Juz'
and so on

I hope that will be helpful for you in sha'llah

maryam123
07-09-2016, 09:25 AM
aslam alykum

I have memorized3 juzz
I am currently memorizing surah Imran
I memorize half a page everyday witch consists of 15 line page
I repeat a verse 20-25 times
I revise once a week due to laziness and I'm finding that my memorization is becoming weak can you pls give me a plan and a technique on how to revise shall I just repeat my old memorisation or is there a echnique:statisfie:statisfie

Huzaifah ibn Adam
07-09-2016, 11:40 AM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Perhaps you will find this helpful, In Shaa Allaah:

-----------------

Prescription for Huffaaz
by Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb (rahmatullah alayh)
Hereunder is an easy prescription which I have given to many Huffaaz who found it to be a very simple way for daur :

1. Before Fajr, read 3 rukus of Qur`aan Sharief. After Fajr, read the same 3 rukus. It will take + 5 minutes.
  2. Before and after Zuhr do the same 3 Rukus only. Then before and after Asar, Maghrib and Esha respectively, the same 3.
  3. In a day, you have done the same 3 rukus + 10 times, allowing for some days when you cannot manage before or after.
  4. Take the following 3 rukus the following day and repeat as above. In six days (average), you will complete a para. On Sunday, make dhor of that para, reading a few rukus each namaaz time.
  5. In a month you will do + 4 paras, and in 7 months revision of the complete Qur`aan Sharief without much effort.

Continue like this for the rest of life, Insha-Allah.

----------------------

Note: I do not know how effective this method is. Maulana Yunus Patel had given this advice to some Huffaaz and they found it to be effective. Allaahu A`lam.

ummabdurrahman
07-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Assalamualaikum
I cannot find any files or documents when I click the links. I think the links have expired. Can any one please post the links related to 5 forts way of memorizing quran.
JazzakAllah

Amina Tijani
01-14-2020, 11:30 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I have memorise from Surah Naas and I'm currently memorising Surah Anfaal. Every day I try to memorise 2 pages everyday, and I fall back in revision, I try my best to revise one Juz, but I fail to do so.

Please help me with tips and advise and a schedule to use. Jazakumullahu Khairan

hardtimes
01-14-2020, 04:02 PM
wa alykum salam,
I have completed my first hifdh in 10 years ago and then i forgot it cuz
i didn't revise it properly an then i restarted in 2012 and then by 2014 i forgot it again
cuz of college and work , never had the time or teacher to revise it, i would love
to restart again and do atleast 1qurater a day or 5 pages until i get better then i will increase it with time.
insha\Allah any one near me can revise with me and listen to me i will listen to them?

'Abdullah
01-16-2020, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amina Tijani
Assalamu Alaikum

I have memorise from Surah Naas and I'm currently memorising Surah Anfaal. Every day I try to memorise 2 pages everyday, and I fall back in revision, I try my best to revise one Juz, but I fail to do so.

Please help me with tips and advise and a schedule to use. Jazakumullahu Khairan

Aspiringjannah
11-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Assalam ‘alaykum,

this seems like an old thread but I chanced upon it and find the content and advise so helpful. I have memorized 4 Juz totally. Juz amma and then Juz 1 to 3. I am behind with revision and hence my 3 Juz are weak. I need to look at the Mushaf many times. I need a way to get back into schedule and feel better about my old portions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!