/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble sleeping

Samiun
05-25-2013, 07:31 AM
:sl: I always have trouble sleeping. Like if I go to bed at 11 or 12 I would sleep an hour after I lie down on the bed maybe more. I tried searching for the tips in the net but it just doesn't work. It tells you to count sheep(seriously!), control breathing and think about positive thoughts. So is there any1 who would like to share tips on how to sleep faster? Btw, it has really taken a toll on me let's say I can't sleep at 1a.m. I'll just wake up until fajr knowing that I won't wake up if I sleep on that time. Anyways, I also recite surah al-fatihah, al-ikhlas, al-falaq, sleeping dua, an-naas,ayatul-kursi and rub my hands all over my body

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-25-2013, 07:51 AM
I usually make sure that I am real tired before I go to the bed. For this I try to make some exercise during a day and also walk or run at the evening. Also some herb tea helps me to sleep better. No no to the evening coffee.

It might helps when air in the bed room is fresh, bed is comfortable and I also like to read some book before sleeping. A little boring books are the best ones. :D

~Zaria~
05-25-2013, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: I always have trouble sleeping. Like if I go to bed at 11 or 12 I would sleep an hour after I lie down on the bed maybe more. I tried searching for the tips in the net but it just doesn't work. It tells you to count sheep(seriously!), control breathing and think about positive thoughts. So is there any1 who would like to share tips on how to sleep faster? Btw, it has really taken a toll on me let's say I can't sleep at 1a.m. I'll just wake up until fajr knowing that I won't wake up if I sleep on that time. Anyways, I also recite surah al-fatihah, al-ikhlas, al-falaq, sleeping dua, an-naas,ayatul-kursi and rub my hands all over my body

:wasalam:

A few suggestions:

1. Its good practice (a sunnah of the prophet sallalahu alahi wasalam) to go to bed early, and thus be able to arise early in the morning for tahajjud/ fajr.
Perhaps try to go to bed soon after esha salaah.

2. Prior to bed-time, avoid:
- Caffeinated drinks (in fact any fluids as a full bladder may awaken you during the night)
- Watching television, being in front of the computer screen or listening to music (the glare from the screen/ visual & auditory stimulations can keep one psychologically aroused - at a time when one is meant to be 'winding down' in mental activity)

3. Insomnia usually arises from 1 or 2 difficult episodes in falling asleep in the past. Thereafter, as a normal response, the person begins to worry about whether he/ she will be able to fall asleep.
This 'internal tension' that occurs at bedtime results in your sub-conscious mind taking over - and this is powerful enough to keep you awake the entire night.

So, importantly one needs to try to break this cycle of worrying ("Will I sleep tonight? How long will it take? I am so tired....I Have to sleep tonight" - type thoughts), and replace it would positive thoughts such as:
"Sleep is natural and easy......I have no problems in falling asleep, even if I were to wake up.......I can sleep as easily as a baby.....etc

In other words, one needs the 'conscious mind' to positively feed messages into the 'sub-conscious mind' - and in shaa Allah, this will break the vicious cycle of worrying about sleeping - and hence not being able to fall asleep.
(I hope that makes some sense in shaa Allah).

4. If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night:
- Firstly, do not let yourself worry (as above)

- Use the time to read tahajjud salaah......perhaps Allah Taa'la in His wisdom, desires for you to arise at this time in salaah and His remembrance, and hence you are waking up : ) In shaa Allah, if you utilize this time for this benefit, it may be become a life-long habit : )

- I have a few lectures downloaded onto my phone. And I have found that listening to a talk can sometimes be enough to put one back to sleep, lol (even if you are trying to concentrate on the lecture, you may be so tired that the speakers voice is able to calm you back into relaxation and sleep : ).....its worth a try!)

- Rather than counting sheep (which offers no sawaab or benefit in this world or the next : ) ), engage in zikrullah, keeping count on your fingers.

I hope this will be of some benefit to you in shaa Allah.

BarakAllahu feek

sister herb
05-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Sometimes I am listening before sleeping videos by the sound of raining. It is quite sedative sound.

Try if you like. No music.

Nine hours constant rain:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masuma
05-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Asalamu alikum wr wb!
You only take tension about something "constantly" which doesn't let you sleep!
Happens with myself alot!

Try to eliminate the TENSION! DON'T WORRY about anything at night. Sleep will come automatically!

Wasalam! =]

sister herb
05-26-2013, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Masuma
DON'T WORRY about anything at night.
Salam alaykum

That´s a good advice but not easy to follow it - if someone has something to worry. :embarrass

bangaliteen
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Sometimes I am listening before sleeping videos by the sound of raining. It is quite sedative sound.

Try if you like. No music.

Nine hours constant rain:
Hooray I got to watch 9 hours of rain in less than 2 mins
;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!