/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What you say in funeral pray?

User29123
05-26-2013, 04:17 PM
:sl:

The title more or less explains everything.., I need to know.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amat Allah
05-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Wa Alikumu Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Praise be to Allaah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) explained how the funeral prayer is to be done. It is done as follows:

You say the first Takbeer (“Allaahu akbar”), then you seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, then you say Bismillah ir-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and recite al-Faatihah followed by a short soorah or some aayahs.

Then you say second Takbeer and send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as one does at the end of the prayer.

Then you say a third Takbeer and make du’aa’ for the deceased. The best is to say:

“Allaahumma ighfir lihaayina wa mayitina wa shaahidina wa ghaa’ibina wa sagheerina wa kabeerina wa dhakarina wa unthaana. Allaahumma man ahyaytahu minna fa ahyihi ‘ala’l-Islam wa man tawaffaytahu minna fa tawiffahu ‘ala’l-eemaan. Allaahumma ighfir lahu warhamhu wa ‘aafihi wa a’fu ‘anhu, wa akrim nuzulahu wa wassi’ madkhalahu waghsilhu bi’l-maa’ wa’l-thalj wa’l-barad, wa naqqihi min al-khataaya kama yunaqqa’ al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas. Allaahumma abdilhu daaran khayra min daarihi wa ahlan khayra min ahlihi. Allaahumma adkhilhu al-jannah wa a’idhhu min ‘adhaab il-qabri wa min ‘adhaab il-naar wa afsah lahu fi qabrihi wa nawwir lahu fihi. Allaahumma laa tahrimna ajrahu wa la tadillanaa ba’dahu"

(O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those who are present among us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whoever You keep alive, keep him alive in Islam, and whoever You cause to die, cause him to die with faith. O Allaah, forgive him and have mercy on him, keep him safe and sound and forgive him, honour the place where he settles and make his entrance wide; wash him with water and snow and hail, and cleanse him of sin as a white garment is cleansed of dirt. O Allaah, give him a house better than his house and a family better than his family. O Allaah, admit him to Paradise and protect him from the torment of the grave and the torment of Hell-fire; make his grave spacious and fill it with light. O Allaah, do not deprive us of the reward and do not cause us to go astray after this).”

All of this was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If you make du’aa’ with other words, this is OK, for example, you could say, “Allaahumma in kaana muhsinan fa zid fi ihsaanihi wa in kaana musee’an fa tajaawaz ‘an sayi’aatihi. Allaahumma ighfir lahu wa thabbit-hu bi’l-qawl il-thaabit (O Allaah, if he was a doer of good, then increase his good deeds, and if he was a wrongdoer, then overlook his bad deeds. O Allaah, forgive him and give him the strength to say the right thing).”

Then you say a fourth Takbeer and pause for a little while, then you say one Tasleem to the right, saying “Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah.”

Kitaab Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol 13, p. 141

Source:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/12363

User29123
05-26-2013, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Wa Alikumu Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Praise be to Allaah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) explained how the funeral prayer is to be done. It is done as follows:

You say the first Takbeer (“Allaahu akbar”), then you seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, then you say Bismillah ir-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and recite al-Faatihah followed by a short soorah or some aayahs.

Then you say second Takbeer and send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as one does at the end of the prayer.

Then you say a third Takbeer and make du’aa’ for the deceased. The best is to say:

“Allaahumma ighfir lihaayina wa mayitina wa shaahidina wa ghaa’ibina wa sagheerina wa kabeerina wa dhakarina wa unthaana. Allaahumma man ahyaytahu minna fa ahyihi ‘ala’l-Islam wa man tawaffaytahu minna fa tawiffahu ‘ala’l-eemaan. Allaahumma ighfir lahu warhamhu wa ‘aafihi wa a’fu ‘anhu, wa akrim nuzulahu wa wassi’ madkhalahu waghsilhu bi’l-maa’ wa’l-thalj wa’l-barad, wa naqqihi min al-khataaya kama yunaqqa’ al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas. Allaahumma abdilhu daaran khayra min daarihi wa ahlan khayra min ahlihi. Allaahumma adkhilhu al-jannah wa a’idhhu min ‘adhaab il-qabri wa min ‘adhaab il-naar wa afsah lahu fi qabrihi wa nawwir lahu fihi. Allaahumma laa tahrimna ajrahu wa la tadillanaa ba’dahu"

(O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those who are present among us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whoever You keep alive, keep him alive in Islam, and whoever You cause to die, cause him to die with faith. O Allaah, forgive him and have mercy on him, keep him safe and sound and forgive him, honour the place where he settles and make his entrance wide; wash him with water and snow and hail, and cleanse him of sin as a white garment is cleansed of dirt. O Allaah, give him a house better than his house and a family better than his family. O Allaah, admit him to Paradise and protect him from the torment of the grave and the torment of Hell-fire; make his grave spacious and fill it with light. O Allaah, do not deprive us of the reward and do not cause us to go astray after this).”

All of this was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If you make du’aa’ with other words, this is OK, for example, you could say, “Allaahumma in kaana muhsinan fa zid fi ihsaanihi wa in kaana musee’an fa tajaawaz ‘an sayi’aatihi. Allaahumma ighfir lahu wa thabbit-hu bi’l-qawl il-thaabit (O Allaah, if he was a doer of good, then increase his good deeds, and if he was a wrongdoer, then overlook his bad deeds. O Allaah, forgive him and give him the strength to say the right thing).”

Then you say a fourth Takbeer and pause for a little while, then you say one Tasleem to the right, saying “Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah.”

Kitaab Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol 13, p. 141

Source:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/12363
Well I don't think I clearly understand.

Well for the first takbeer can it be any surah like Surah Al-Kafiroon?

Then second Takbeer I don't know what you mean by that.

OK I get the third Takbeer, however, I heard it is different for young and old?

What do I say for 4th Takbeer?

and I can't seem to read this:Kitaab Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol 13, p. 141

Amat Allah
05-26-2013, 08:56 PM
You say the first Takbeer (“Allaahu akbar”), then you say Aotho bellahi min ashaytani irrajeem, then you say Bismillah ir-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and recite Al-Fatihah followed by any short Sura you want; like: Al Ikhlaass, Al Kaafiroon, Al Falaq even if you want to recite Al Kursi Aayat then it's up to you....you recite whatever you want after Al Fatihah but let it be something short In shaa Allah...

Then you say second Takbeer and send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as one does at the end of any prayer. which is:

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed"

The translation : "O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. O Allaah, send blessings upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

Then you say a third Takbeer and make du’aa’ for the deceased. The best is to say what have been posted above in my previous reply to ya but it is OK to say whatever you like; you do make the duaa you want after the third Takbeer. It is totally OK.

Then you say a fourth Takbeer wait a bit , then you end your prayer saying one Tasleem to the right shoulder only: “Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah.”

What about now O precious son of my beloved Ummah, did you get it?

Ask as much as you want In Shaa Allah and will try my best not to leave this thread till you get it totally In Shaa Allah...feel free.

and the last part

Is the name of the source book which the Fatwa has been taken from so, never bother yourself In Shaa Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
User29123
05-26-2013, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
You say the first Takbeer (“Allaahu akbar”), then you say Aotho bellahi min ashaytani irrajeem, then you say Bismillah ir-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and recite Al-Fatihah followed by any short Sura you want; like: Al Ikhlaass, Al Kaafiroon, Al Falaq even if you want to recite Al Kursi Aayat then it's up to you....you recite whatever you want after Al Fatihah but let it be something short In shaa Allah...

Then you say second Takbeer and send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as one does at the end of any prayer. which is:

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed"

The translation : "O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. O Allaah, send blessings upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

Then you say a third Takbeer and make du’aa’ for the deceased. The best is to say what have been posted above in my previous reply to ya but it is OK to say whatever you like; you do make the duaa you want after the third Takbeer. It is totally OK.

Then you say a fourth Takbeer wait a bit , then you end your prayer saying one Tasleem to the right shoulder only: “Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah.”

What about now O precious son of my beloved Ummah, did you get it?

Ask as much as you want In Shaa Allah and will try my best not to leave this thread till you get it totally In Shaa Allah...feel free.

and the last part

Is the name of the source book which the Fatwa has been taken from so, never bother yourself In Shaa Allah.
Yes I understand now, thanks sister..

Amat Allah
05-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Humbly and with all respect, you are always very so welcome at any time In Shaa Allah my respected and noble brother...

May Allah love you and Be pleased with you always and forever Aameen

Wa Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!