/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Muslim Wife

UmmuShaheed
06-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Asalamu Alaykum
So I haven't seen a thread about the traits of an ideal muslim wife, (if there is one 3afwan mods can delete this thread)

What do you think are characteristics of the ideal wife?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
06-21-2013, 11:40 AM
"A wife who make the husband happy when he look at her, and make the husband feel comfortable with her"

ardianto
06-21-2013, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"A wife who make the husband happy when he look at her, and make the husband feel comfortable with her"
Now the non-ideal Muslim wife.

A wife who doesn't care with her appearance and it make her look bad. A wife who has bad behavior that make the husband feel uncomfortable. In example, envy. When the neighbor buy new furniture she envy and urge her husband to buy furniture too.

I hope sisters notice it. :)

greenhill
06-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow! If you look for ideal, you will be disappointed. No one is ideal and people change over time. What we should be looking at is 'compatibility'.

What makes it hard to find a compatible partner is if we ourselves are uncertain of who we are in the first place (like a shallow person or indecisive) then someone ideal one day may be not so ideal the next.

Some 25 years ago, I made a list for the "qualities' I would like to have in my partner. Better if pleasing to the eyes. Must be a muslim. Trustworthy. Carries herself well. Has a sense of humour and share of a common interest with me. Then these qualities must be cherished and maintained. Any other qualities will be a bonus!

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Ideal:

Looks (as per Imam Ahmad rahimahullaah's recommendation)
Family (as per the recommendation of many ulama)
Religion (As the most important aspect)
Wealth (to me not very important but has been outlined in some cases for many reasons - mainly islamic benefits)

If none of the above are present except Religion then that will suffice.

truthseeker63
06-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Nice and a Kind/Good Hearted Muslim Woman is the best in my opinion/view.

Iceee
06-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Strive to choose a righteous man even if he has a past and do not reject him. Reject everyone who is known to have a bad past and has not given it up, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told men: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty, or her religious commitment. Choose the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5090; Muslim, 1466).

ardianto
06-22-2013, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Wow! If you look for ideal, you will be disappointed. No one is ideal and people change over time. What we

should be looking at is 'compatibility'.
The criteria of ideal wife I've written above is refer to my wife. Yes, she was a wife like that. But actually I chose her because I felt matched with her.

I did not look for "The Ideal" I was just looking for a woman who I feel matched with her.

What makes it hard to find a compatible partner is if we ourselves are uncertain of who we are in the first place (like a shallow person or indecisive) then someone ideal one day may be not so ideal the next.
What you mean with "compatible"?

Some 25 years ago, I made a list for the "qualities' I would like to have in my partner. Better if pleasing to the eyes. Must be a muslim. Trustworthy. Carries herself well. Has a sense of humour and share of a common interest with me. Then these qualities must be cherished and maintained. Any other qualities will be a bonus!

Peace
More than 20 years ago my criteria expected life-partner was simple

#1. She is willing to accept me.
#2. I feel matched with her.

I didn't want to be rejected!.

glo
06-22-2013, 04:22 PM

Peace
Did you find a partner who matched those expectations. :)

ardianto
06-22-2013, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Did you find a partner who matched those expectations. :)
Good question, because actually I ever had specific characteristic of expected life-partner too. But then I married a woman with different characteristic.

Muhaba
06-22-2013, 05:09 PM
some qualities of wives from Quran:
...So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard... (4:34)

...who submit (their wills to Allah), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast... (66:5)

greenhill
06-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Ardianto, (I'm still sorry for your loss),

I guess, your meaning to 'match' is the same as what I call 'compatible' without 'splitting hairs' :D. I have been in relationships that was good when we were with peers but was not 'right' during functions as an example. People who can be fun but really do not have much of a serious side, etc. I need both. I definitely need humour in my life. A person who naturally feels good about herself makes me feel good. If she is constantly needing assurances from me can get a bit tiring, not that I do not give compliments. Requiring assurances is a different thing altogether.

You are also absolutely right in not wanting to be rejected. I did not want rejection either. But I had to risk being rejected to pursue her. She did reject me to begin with (but I did not know). The rest is history.

Glo.

6.5 out of 7 (as there was another item I did not list down) which was preferable if she came from my home town area. This was specifically for Eid. I have seen my uncles, and aunts who married from too far away and alternating Eids between the two sides often missed the get togethers as they are away this year and the when they are around the following year others are away. Lucky, for me my wife's family lived 40 minutes from my hometown. Every year we get to see everybody (and my children speak the same dialect).;D

On the half point, I love sports, but she is totally not into sports. But we still share some other common interests. She loves dancing which I am quite hopeless at.

In many ways, she has become more than a match of my expectations (as she has grown more beautiful now in her early 40s than she was in her early 20's) and has become more refined and astute that I have fallen behind! :embarrass

I still trust her whole heartedly and we still laugh together often.

greenhill
06-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Just for the record, I am/was only answering the thread question

format_quote Originally Posted by UmmuShaheed
So it is about what I think... I am not commenting on people's choices or how and why.

sister herb
06-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Who is ideal wife to who?

Someone found me as his ideal wife. He is karateka like me. Like my cooking and running.

:D

greenhill
06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
I hope you find him your ideal hubby!:D

sister herb
06-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Sure. Two black belt karatekas run together in forest.

~Zaria~
06-22-2013, 08:13 PM
:salam:

The 'Ideal Spouse' (applicable to both wife and husband)

- The person who is living his/ her life for Allah (subhanawata'ala) and has made the Aakhirah their GOAL.
In other words, he has made similar (/more) sacrifices in life to achieve this/ distanced himself from the ways of the world, only for the sake of Allah.

- The one who will be the means of helping me to increase my imaan and love for Allah and His Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam)

- The one who will wake me up for fajr and tahajjud everyday : )

- The one who desires to increase his/ her knowledge in Islam on a daily basis.

- The one who is looking for a simple, non-extravagant life - e.g. it doesnt matter if we dont have the latest/ most flashy car.....but being grateful that we have a car at all, and rather making using of our wealth for more worthy causes.

- Someone who dreams of living in Madhinah/ Makkah :wub:

- Someone who is compatible - i.e. in terms of goals in life, easy to speak to, etc.

- Good sense of humour/ can be childesh at times : )

- Faithful/ loyal (this should actually be no. 1/2 on this list)
(is able to lower his/ her gaze, for the pleasure of Allah, and for the love of his/ her spouse)

- Calm personality/ does not like arguments/ likes to discuss things over

- A deep thinker

- Romantic - poems, candle-lit dinners, and all other mushy stuff is also important :P

- Who will love for the sake of Allah, and are also the 'truly, madly, deeply' type of personality (if that makes any sense)

For the ideal wife, to add:

- Obeys her husband (unless it goes against the commands of Allah).

And thats all : )

:wa:

ardianto
06-23-2013, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
For the ideal wife, to add:

- Obeys her husband (unless it goes against the commands of Allah).
My wife never obeys me, and it made her became a great wife. :)

I never made a rule what she should do what she should not do, but she always tried to do the best thing she could do for me.

A husband should not force his wife to obeys him. What the husband should do is make the wife always have desire to please him.

sister herb
06-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Salam alaykum

My first husband behaved to me quite same like you to your wife. I lost him over 20 years ago. He died in war.

May Allah gives you other wife as He gave me other husband.

:embarrass

greenhill
06-23-2013, 05:10 AM
Someone who dreams of living in Madhinah/ Makkah
Yup, it is a great wish. Not sure if it is possible, though because of their tough immigration laws.

Someone who is compatible - i.e. in terms of goals in life, easy to speak to, etc.
I like 'compatible' :D

greenhill
06-23-2013, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
..... and all the 'muggers' running out of the forest :D

Samiun
06-23-2013, 03:17 PM
:sl: wow I never knew marriage would be so complex! here I thought all I was suppose to look for in an ideal Musim wife was a religious women and uhh that's it :X .

But why bother, I'm just a teenager anyway so moving on with life..

ardianto
06-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Salam alaykum

My first husband behaved to me quite same like you to your wife. I lost him over 20 years ago. He died in war.
Wa'alaikum salam

I'm sorry to hear about you first husband.

My wife knew that I'm not type of man who force his life-partner to obey him. She close to me since in highschool. In exactly, I close with her family. I sometime ate in her house with her family.

Actually this closeness happen because compassion. I was so shocked when first time I visited her home. She lived in very small house with only two bed rooms for 10 people. Her family have 8 children, and she is the 6th. And I felt compassion.

One day, me, her, and few other students in class visited a mall. When we passed female dresses section she stopped and notice a dress. Then she looked at me, shy smile, and told me "I love this dress. May I ask you to buy it for me?". I told her "Take, I will pay". She looked very happy, and suddenly I felt I wanted to always make her happy. Then I started to give her some goods that she wants. But she never asked money.

Graduated from highschool. I went to Yogyakarta to study there,while she stayed at home. Her parent could not afford to pay study cost.

Almost a year, when I back to Bandung and visited her I saw she was sad. She told me that she wanted to continue study but her parent could not afford to pay the cost. So I told her parent that I would pay her study cost. They were surprised and tried to refuse it because they afraid it would hard for me. But I urged them. Finally she chose computer course that only one year, and register there.

She looked doubt when I would pay her study cost, and she asked me "Do you expect something from me?". I told her "No!, I just want to help you". Then I paid all the cost that she need.

Then I back to Yogyakarta while she started her study and then immediately got a job with good income after she finished her study. I had back to Bandung when that's happened, but I never visited her home again. It's because I meet another girl who became the first girl who I wanted to marry.

That was the story between me and my wife.

Sister, if you notice the true story above you will know why I could love my wife so much. I realize that I'm a man that given to her.

:)

glo
06-24-2013, 01:06 PM

Sounds like a safe marriage to me. :)
God's blessings to you both. :)

ardianto
06-24-2013, 01:27 PM
My wife friend is a black belt karateka too. In first marriage she married a man who look good in personality. But after getting married it turned out this person is an abusive husband. He often beat her, but she try to patient, patient, patient.

One day her husband beat her again. But that time she had ran out her patient. So she beat back her husband with karate. The husband KO! Then the husband went to sharia office to register divorce with reason: Domestic violence by the wife to the husband. ;D

But her second husband is a real good person. He is a school teacher. I have meet and talked with him few times.

ardianto
06-24-2013, 04:05 PM
If a man want to get married, where he can find an ideal wife?

The answer is ...... nowhere!

A woman will be an ideal wife only if her husband feel comfortable with her. And the husband will feel comfortable with her, only if he feel comfortable with his marriage life. The husband and the wife will feel comfortable with their marriage life, only if their marriage life is going well. And the marriage will take place well, only if the husband and wife can establish marriage as well together.

Ideal wife and ideal husband are the result of marriage that established well.

So, do not thinking "I should find the ideal wife" because you will not find her in anywhere. It's better if you think how to establish a good marriage life, and marry someone who think like this too.

This is based on my experience. :)

UmmuShaheed
07-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Jazakallahu Khayr, thats true, Any other characteristics?

UmmuShaheed
07-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Wow! If you look for ideal, you will be disappointed. No one is ideal and people change over time. What we should be looking at is 'compatibility'.

Peace
I'm not looking for a wife, I'm a women :) But I was hoping this thread would benefit the sisters that are married to better themselves and the ones who aren't to learn how to be a good wife before they get married:D

UmmuShaheed
07-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Who is ideal wife to who?

Someone found me as his ideal wife. He is karateka like me. Like my cooking and running.

Mashallah
Alhamdulilah for the blessings in life.

ardianto
07-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Jazakallahu Khayr, thats true, Any other characteristics?
At first, there is no universal ideal wife. A wife maybe look ideal in other people eyes, maybe because she is beautiful, great in cooking, etc. But if her husband is not pleased with her, she is not ideal wife. Another man wife maybe look not ideal in the people eyes. Maybe because she is far from beautiful, too quiet, etc. But if her husband feel pleased with her, she is the ideal wife.

Only her husband who can determine that a wife is ideal or not. If you want to know a wife is ideal or not, listen to what her husband say, not to what other people say about her.

If a husband feel pleased with his wife, he must be feel comfortable with her and feel happy when he see her. Of course the pious Muslim husband will be pleased if his wife is a salehah woman.

No need special characteristic like humorous, talkative, etc, if you want to become the ideal wife. What you need is the ability to please your husband. You can learn how to please the husband from experienced wives among you, and also from the husbands. In example, maybe your uncle ever told you "your aunty is great, when she knew I interested to a food recipe in magazine, she tried to cook it for me".

But, every man is different. So, do not imitate a woman in pleasing your husband because her husband must be different than your husband. Use knowledge to please the husband that you get, and adjust it with your husband characteristic.

ion that dinar
07-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Asalamu Alaykum
So I haven't seen a thread about the traits of an ideal muslim wife, (if there is one 3afwan mods can delete this thread)
Alaykum Sallam, the most important is of course that she is Muslim, but then just as important would be that she has a sense of freedom to love her husband, those 2 make everything else easy even if it takes some work, other things that would be nice is that she dresses modestly (but decent is a must), is content with her marriage (so that the husband isn't always worrying if she is happy or on the other hand that she does not get lost in her own world within the marriage), that she disregards and forgets any guys that may know her from the past (for example if they walked up to her she should refuse to talk to them like she has to be nice because they remember something about her.. her husband should be one that doesn't care about any of it, so she can then tell anyone who approaches her to buzz off =X), she must be one that keeps on falling in love and a good mother.. many more things o.o ask if u want lol .. peace

UmmuShaheed
07-02-2013, 04:47 PM
At first, there is no universal ideal wife. A wife maybe look ideal in other people eyes, maybe because she is beautiful, great in cooking, etc. But if her husband is not pleased with her, she is not ideal wife. Another man wife maybe look not ideal in the people eyes. Maybe because she is far from beautiful, too quiet, etc. But if her husband feel pleased with her, she is the ideal wife.

Only her husband who can determine that a wife is ideal or not. If you want to know a wife is ideal or not, listen to what her husband say, not to what other people say about her.

If a husband feel pleased with his wife, he must be feel comfortable with her and feel happy when he see her. Of course the pious Muslim husband will be pleased if his wife is a salehah woman.

No need special characteristic like humorous, talkative, etc, if you want to become the ideal wife. What you need is the ability to please your husband. You can learn how to please the husband from experienced wives among you, and also from the husbands. In example, maybe your uncle ever told you "your aunty is great, when she knew I interested to a food recipe in magazine, she tried to cook it for me".

But, every man is different. So, do not imitate a woman in pleasing your husband because her husband must be different than your husband. Use knowledge to please the husband that you get, and adjust it with your husband characteristic.
Well said,
Jazakallahu Khayr Uncle.

ardianto
07-03-2013, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Ideal:

Looks (as per Imam Ahmad rahimahullaah's recommendation)
Family (as per the recommendation of many ulama)
Religion (As the most important aspect)
Wealth (to me not very important but has been outlined in some cases for many reasons - mainly islamic benefits)

If none of the above are present except Religion then that will suffice.
Look
We don't need to looking for beautiful woman, but we need to looking for a woman who her appearance is acceptable in our eyes although she is not physically beautiful. This is what "look" mean. I agree with it because I myself didn't want to marry a woman who look like a man.

Try to find and then marry a woman with good religious commitment, character, personality and behavior. If she is also beautiful, Alhamdulillah. If she is not beautiful, still Alhamdulillah, because this is better than marry a woman who beautiful but has bad behavior that will make us sick.

Family
There is a misunderstanding in this matter. I found some people regard it as social status. It's not true. We must consider her family behavior. Are they polite people? have good religious commitment? materialistic or not?, etc. This is not about wealth, caste, or the father job. It's okay if she is from family with lower social status.

Religion
Of course we must choose a woman who has good religious commitment.

Wealth
Wealth is not important. I myself came from middle class family that categorized as wealthy. But I married a woman from family that not wealthy.

Iceee
07-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Look
We don't need to looking for beautiful woman, but we need to looking for a woman who her appearance is acceptable in our eyes although she is not physically beautiful. This is what "look" mean. I agree with it because I myself didn't want to marry a woman who look like a man.

Try to find and then marry a woman with good religious commitment, character, personality and behavior. If she is also beautiful, Alhamdulillah. If she is not beautiful, still Alhamdulillah, because this is better than marry a woman who beautiful but has bad behavior that will make us sick.

Family
There is a misunderstanding in this matter. I found some people regard it as social status. It's not true. We must consider her family behavior. Are they polite people? have good religious commitment? materialistic or not?, etc. This is not about wealth, caste, or the father job. It's okay if she is from family with lower social status.

Religion
Of course we must choose a woman who has good religious commitment.

Wealth
Wealth is not important. I myself came from middle class family that categorized as wealthy. But I married a woman from family that not wealthy.
Just to add on to this brother's points:

Looks: As people get older, everyone's beauty will deteriorate. You can marry the most beautiful girl when she is 20 years old. As she gets older, she'll eventually lose her beauty etc. will you still love her? Take care of her? See her as the same person she was when she was 20? This is why I believe we shouldn't marry the most beautiful woman thinking she'll always be beautiful, marry a woman who is beautiful now but remember that she'll get older and will eventually lose her beauty.

Family: Try to find a woman who will get along with your family. My Mom loves to talk to family, so Inshallah I find a woman who enjoys talking and listening to my Mom blab and blab and blab and blab.

Religion: If I can find a woman who can wake me up for tahajjud, and splash boiling water over me if I don't wake up, I would be happy of her religious commitment. Even if my face is all red.

Wealth: For men to look at a woman's wealth is not as important. My Dad came from a wealthy family, Mom was really poor could only afford to eat twice a day. Alhumdulillah my Dad chose to marry my Mom even against his families wishes. In my opinion, they're a wonderful couple.

ardianto
07-03-2013, 03:56 PM
If your wife need to splash boiling water over you because you don't wake up for tahajjud after she tried many other ways to wake you up, ........ I must questioning your religious commitment.

ardianto
07-03-2013, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee

Looks: As people get older, everyone's beauty will deteriorate. You can marry the most beautiful girl when she is 20 years old. As she gets older, she'll eventually lose her beauty etc. will you still love her? Take care of her? See her as the same person she was when she was 20? This is why I believe we shouldn't marry the most beautiful woman thinking she'll always be beautiful, marry a woman who is beautiful now but remember that she'll get older and will eventually lose her beauty.
I know what you mean. I was a handsome guy!. It made the girls looked at me and gave attention. Even few of them tried to approach me. But I didn't want to be liked by handsomeness because I was worry I would not be loved again after I lose my handsomeness.

Wealth: For men to look at a woman's wealth is not as important. My Dad came from a wealthy family, Mom was really poor could only afford to eat twice a day. Alhumdulillah my Dad chose to marry my Mom even against his families wishes. In my opinion, they're a wonderful couple.
Not only my wife. The first girl who I wanted to marry was coming from poor family too. So, not only once, but twice I chose girl from poor family as my future wife.

greenhill
07-04-2013, 05:38 AM
I was hoping this thread would benefit the sisters that are married to better themselves and the ones who aren't to learn how to be a good wife before they get married
We must always strive to better ourselves. Things change, people also change and it is quite important to also try understand what 'caused' the change and to enroll your partner to also make the change (if it is for the better) ;D

Your earlier question about 'characteristics' will be very subjective and will definitely vary greatly between people. A perfect wife for someone may not be anywhere near adequate for another. What may be considered a good characteristic may also vary.

It is important for you, as an individual, to consider what characteristic you would want in your partner to compliment you and to seek from there rather than to work from the opposite side to figure out what it is you 'think' your partner may want from you and change your characteristics for that. You will end up 'losing' yourself and if does not work, your self-worth too! That would not be good.

In other words, find someone who is naturally 'compatible' with you rather than trying to make yourself 'compatible' with that someone. It may take sometime, but well worth it in the long run.

Peace

Jedi_Mindset
07-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Good imaan and practicing and ofcourse good behaviour and i would like that she would be a bit shy :)
a wife with patience, so she becomes a comfort for me. Ofcourse women like this are very rare, but not impossible to find.

ardianto
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Good imaan and practicing and ofcourse good behaviour and i would like that she would be a bit shy :)
a wife with patience, so she becomes a comfort for me. Ofcourse women like this are very rare, but not impossible to find.
Women like this is not as rare as your assumption. Some of my friends sisters are women like this. If they look rare it's because they are type of introvert women and like to stay at home when they were girls.

Yes, those women are in my generation that now around 40-50 years old. But I think girls like this are still exist and not so rare, at least in my place. I noticed it from my friends daughters.

phylly9
07-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Husband and wife are the partners and companion of life. wife should spend her wife according to her husband. she should take care of him and trying to obey every order of her husband.

UmmuShaheed
07-04-2013, 08:16 PM

We must always strive to better ourselves. Things change, people also change and it is quite important to also try understand what 'caused' the change and to enroll your partner to also make the change (if it is for the better) ;D

Your earlier question about 'characteristics' will be very subjective and will definitely vary greatly between people. A perfect wife for someone may not be anywhere near adequate for another. What may be considered a good characteristic may also vary.

It is important for you, as an individual, to consider what characteristic you would want in your partner to compliment you and to seek from there rather than to work from the opposite side to figure out what it is you 'think' your partner may want from you and change your characteristics for that. You will end up 'losing' yourself and if does not work, your self-worth too! That would not be good.

In other words, find someone who is naturally 'compatible' with you rather than trying to make yourself 'compatible' with that someone. It may take sometime, but well worth it in the long run.

Peace
Asalamu Alaykum,
I agree, traits vary from person to person, but there are some general traits. And my point in creating this thread was for the benefit kf sisters.
I'm married alhamdulilah so there is someone I'm compatible with lol. Like I said this is for the benefit of hearing general traits that can be beneficial.

UmmuShaheed
07-04-2013, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by phylly9
Husband and wife are the partners and companion of life. wife should spend her wife according to her husband. she should take care of him and trying to obey every order of her husband.
Jazakallahu Khayr ukhti, your right
Being a care giver and obedience are both important.

greenhill
07-05-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm married alhamdulilah so there is someone I'm compatible with lol
Yes, I gathered that after your post on 'accountability' on the child's actions recently....:D

zoron
07-05-2013, 07:17 AM
The ideal wife for me is a women that has the same vision as me, so she can be my partner and share the burden, joy, tears and laugh together. She should be kind, enchanted. I prefer i strong women, not strong physically but strong in the ideology, smart and not spoiled..

ardianto
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
My ideal wife is a woman who can accept me as ordinary man who is not perfect.

It was very hard for me to find a woman like this. But Alhamdulillah, I found it in my wife.

ardianto
07-06-2013, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by phylly9
Husband is just ordinary human who can be wrong. The good wife is wife who know what is the right, what is the wrong, what is the best, what is the worst. She obey her husband only if her husband order her to do something right. And if the husband order her to do something wrong she could say "no!" and explain why she would not do this.

Plz Answer Me
08-06-2013, 05:01 PM
It is not wise to concentrate on one and remain silent about the other :cry:

Ali Mujahidin
08-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Here's another way of looking at this matter.

The ideal Muslim wife, to me, is one who is not looking for an ideal Muslim husband. Same goes for the man. The ideal Muslim man is one who is not looking for an ideal Muslim wife.

Allah created us as human beings. As human beings, we are prone to mistakes. So long as we are prepared to admit our mistakes and make corrections, I think we will get along fine.

Plz Answer Me
08-07-2013, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
The ideal Muslim wife, to me, is one who is not looking for an ideal Muslim husband.
Omg! :omg:

Ali Mujahidin
08-07-2013, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me
Omg!
I am sorry but your reaction is, for me, quite unconventional. Care to elaborate so that I get some idea of what triggered it?

Plz Answer Me
08-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Omg! :omg:
I mean what's wrong in looking for an ideal husband. imsad

Ali Mujahidin
08-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I mean what's wrong in looking for an ideal husband.
Oh, I see. So that's what you mean.

Well, for me, there's no such thing as an ideal husband or an ideal wife or an ideal any kind of person. People change all the time. To look for an ideal husband would be kind of like steering your ship by locking the rudder. That would be a great way to end up on the rocks. What should be done is to roll with the waves, so to say. Adjust as you go along.

For example, let's say that your idea of an ideal husband is one who prays five times every day together with the jemaah in the mosque. Sounds like a great plan. However, there may be times when it simply makes more sense to pray at home. So if your ideal husband insists on going to the mosque to pray even when you are about to give birth, wouldn't that be kind of like a conflict of needs?

I hope you follow my drift, so to say.

Plz Answer Me
08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
Oh, I see. So that's what you mean.

Well, for me, there's no such thing as an ideal husband or an ideal wife or an ideal any kind of person. People change all the time. To look for an ideal husband would be kind of like steering your ship by locking the rudder. That would be a great way to end up on the rocks. What should be done is to roll with the waves, so to say. Adjust as you go along.

For example, let's say that your idea of an ideal husband is one who prays five times every day together with the jemaah in the mosque. Sounds like a great plan. However, there may be times when it simply makes more sense to pray at home. So if your ideal husband insists on going to the mosque to pray even when you are about to give birth, wouldn't that be kind of like a conflict of needs?

I hope you follow my drift, so to say.
Great! :) :ma: I do agree with you brother. :jz:

Abu dujjana
08-09-2013, 09:49 PM
I personally feel that piety and religion is enough because once a woman has embraced and practices islam correctly everything else will fall into place as in manners behaviour prayer e.t.c

Nur Student
08-10-2013, 01:05 PM

According to the Shari’a, the husband and wife should be good matches for one another. That is, they should be suitable to one another. The most important aspect of this being suitable is from the point of view of religion.

Happy family life is perpetuated through mutual confidence between husband and wife, and heartfelt respect and love. Both wife and husband should avoid anything like immodest dress and free-and-easy behavior that may destroy the confidence, and spoil the mutual respect and love.

The most basic characteristic of women is loyalty and confidence—since being the director of all the matters to do with the home, the woman is charged with protecting and preserving all her husband’s property and possessions, and his children. Carelessness in dress and morality destroys that loyalty, her husband too loses confidence in her and makes her suffer pangs of conscience. In fact, if the two qualities of courage and generosity, which are desirable in men, are found in women, it damages this loyalty and confidence, and so are undesirable for women and are considered to be bad qualities.

:D:D:D

Plz Answer Me
08-10-2013, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nur Student
According to the Shari’a, the husband and wife should be good matches for one another. That is, they should be suitable to one another. The most important aspect of this being suitable is from the point of view of religion.

Happy family life is perpetuated through mutual confidence between husband and wife, and heartfelt respect and love. Both wife and husband should avoid anything like immodest dress and free-and-easy behavior that may destroy the confidence, and spoil the mutual respect and love.

The most basic characteristic of women is loyalty and confidence—since being the director of all the matters to do with the home, the woman is charged with protecting and preserving all her husband’s property and possessions, and his children. Carelessness in dress and morality destroys that loyalty, her husband too loses confidence in her and makes her suffer pangs of conscience. In fact, if the two qualities of courage and generosity, which are desirable in men, are found in women, it damages this loyalty and confidence, and so are undesirable for women and are considered to be bad qualities.

:D:D:D
attachmentphp?attachmentid12197&ampd1336976474 -
:thumbs_up :awesome::thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!