/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Video Game ?

Tahmoor
06-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Assalam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,
There is a video game that I would like to purchase called "Red Dead Redemption". However, there is mission that has to do with poker. Is it halal to purchase this game if no real money is wagered or is it haram? Jazakullah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
06-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Personally I get racing games, football, basketball...that kind of stuff. I don't really care for shooting,killing..etc.

If a game imitates haram things such as poker, violence..etc then I would say it's best to stay away from these types of games.

It is ok to play games as long as it does not interfere with your life or religious duties. Whenever I figure out what to do in life, and get a good girl to marry...then I will retire from playing games.

GodIsAll
06-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Most females don't understand the attraction of videogames, anyway. They can be fun, but they sure can waste time!

I had an app on my kindle that I played during rest times. It tracked the time spent playing. After several months, I noted I had 72 hours on the thing.

72 hours! What had I created with that time? Nothing. What had I learned? Nothing. What relationships had I strengthened? None. Who in need had I helped? No one

They can be a source of relaxation, no question. Use them therapeutically if need be, but be careful of time wasted.

I doubt I was granted the gift of life to play video games.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!