/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Lovely Inspirational Story

Muslim Woman
06-26-2013, 12:15 PM
:sl:

..:♥:..

Hiba Ammar writes: 'When my father proposed to my mother... He dedicated Surah Al-Imran, which he memorized off heart, as her "Mahr" (dowry)

And when my husband proposed to me, my father told him that he would have to memorize a surah of the Quran as my mahr.. The wedding will not go on unless i'v received my mahr

I was asked to pick one of the surahs... I chose Surah Al-Noor... For all the laws that Surah contained within it and for the fact that it seemed hard to memorize on my behalf.

And before our wedding day; aside of being busy preparing for our "Newly wedded Nest"... The Quran wouldn't leave my husband's hand an entire month as he was memorizing the surah...

A few day before our wedding day, my husband came to recite to my father the surah which he had completed.

My father told him every time u make a mistake, u would have to start from the beginning all over again :))

My husband began reciting surah Al-Noor with his calm/gentle voice in such a "beautiful" scene which I will never forget. My mother and I would look at one another and would smile awaiting my husband to make a mistake so he would have to start all over again and by that increase my "Reward"...

But my husband - May Allah bless him - had memorized the surah off heart and didn't even forget one single verse of it.

Once he finished my father hugged him and said to him: "Today I shall marry my daughter to u for u have fulfilled her mahr.. and your pledge to me.."

He didn't pay me a financial mahr... And we didn't buy gold worth tens of thousands...

He sufficed me with Allah's words as an oath/contract between us...

And the Question is.... I wonder what Surah my daughter will chose as her mahr in the future?'

#Story #Marriage #Wedding #Islam #Spouse #Husband #Wife #Mahr #BridalGifts

Here are some links that explain what Mahr is:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10525/mahr
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10680/what%20is%20mahr

Bless us ya Rabb with Righteous spouses ♥

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!