/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Walk for Orphans - every step you take is an ibadah.

Juwairiyah
07-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Assalamu alaikum,
I hope you're all well and dandy inshaAllah.

Orphans in Need have organised a short walk on 20th July 2013 to raise money for orphans and widows. It's will be during Ramadan, when we're all hungry and thirsty, walking from from Embankment to Regents Park. The idea is to try and catch a glimpse of what these kids have to go through everyday, walking for miles and miles in search for food and drink - and our walk ends with a meal, these kids remain hungry. It's for this reason that OiN have organised a walk, all you have to do is walk with us, show your support and raise £100. It's a short walk, and a small target, but it makes a huge difference to the orphaned children who will be helped through your efforts.

This walk is taking place during Ramadan, the Month of Mercy, the month where we are desperate for Allah taala to be merciful towards us, the best way to invoke the mercy of Allah is to be merciful to others. Every step you take can count as ibadah if you're intention is to help those in need. May Allah taala accept it from you and us, ameen.

I can't post the link here because i'm not allowed until I make a few posts but if you visit facebook and go on orphans in need, then you can look at the event.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-02-2013, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Juwairiyah
The idea is to try and catch a glimpse of what these kids have to go through everyday, walking for miles and miles in search for food and drink - and our walk ends with a meal, these kids remain hungry.
Yes, we have a meal and these kids remain hungry. So, so sad. Just like fasting, we get to feel what it's like for those who do not get regular meals, but when day light fades, we break our fast and those in need still have no meals waiting for them and it carries on throughout the year, not just the fasting month.

It saddens me more to know that the money collected from the Hajj season alone is enough to wipe out hunger for all muslims (at the very least).

If I was there, I will seriously consider joining the walk. But alas, I am half way across the world..

glo
07-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Great cause!
I expect you cannot post a link because you are not a full member.
You can find the fb link here.
(Mods, please delete if this forum has a problem with fb per se)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!