/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wishing All A Fulfilling Ramadaan!

faithandpeace
07-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I just want to wish all IB members a very meaningful and fulfilling Ramadaan this year! This will be my first Ramadaan and I am very excited but also a bit nervous but insha'Allah I should do fine with the fasting. May Allah (swt) grant everyone a very spiritually uplifting month of Ramadaan, improving health, imaan, and closeness to our Creator and to each other in the community, and may Allah (swt) ease any difficulties anyone may have this month. Ameen. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
07-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Assalamu alaikum, alhamdulillah that you are a new Muslim fasting for the first time. If you drink coffee, I advise you to give it up now for Ramadan as it is a diuretic and dehydration is the hardest part of fasting. I always get a headache the first day without coffee, but I am already past that. I encourage you to not over eat at night, but be sure and drink plenty of water at regular intervals at night.

anisafatima
07-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Assalam-O-Alyekum may Allah Almighty (SWT) reward you for this effort, do keep in mind about this Hadith:

The Prophet said, “(Allah said), ‘Every good deed of Adam’s son is for him except fasting; it is for Me, and I shall reward (the fasting person) for it.’ Verily, the smell of the mouth of a fasting person is better to Allah than the smell of musk.” (Bukhari)
JazakALLAH ..

عابر سبيل
07-08-2013, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Assalamu alaikum, alhamdulillah that you are a new Muslim fasting for the first time. If you drink coffee, I advise you to give it up now for Ramadan as it is a diuretic and dehydration is the hardest part of fasting. I always get a headache the first day without coffee, but I am already past that. I encourage you to not over eat at night, but be sure and drink plenty of water at regular intervals at night.
Yeah same thing here, I drink coffee and tea. What I did was, I didn't drink coffee yesterday and had a lighter tea instead. And today I had tea again, but I steeped it for a minute to get rid of most of the caffeine inside, so I'm hoping tomorrow if I do get a headache it won't be as bad.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
07-08-2013, 10:08 AM
amen! May this be a great Ramadan for Muslims all over the world.

I've given up tea many times - last time in March- shifted to coffee for a bit, but got hooked again. Two days I had little tea because of work away from home, had only 2 cups of tea, so that was good. I'm trying to drink less today as well. During Ramadan I don't feel the need to drink tea so much. Usually I rarely drink it during suhoor. This time I plan to eat very little during Iftar, and not to drink tea, to make praying taraweeh easier. After taraweeh I'll have a cup.

Don't forget to recite the Quran - every Ramadan, read over a juz each day, completing the whole Quran in the month.

MustafaMc
07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
faithandpeace, reading the Qur'an during Ramadan definitely adds to the spiritual aspect.Which translation of the Qur'an do you read? I have several different ones of which I like the Saheeh International best. You can get it as a Kindle book, paperback or hard cover at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...tional%20quran

ibrahim.M
07-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Let us embrace this Ramadan together!

رمضان كريم

Eric H
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Greetings and peace be with you faithandpeace;

May Allah (swt) grant everyone a very spiritually uplifting month of Ramadaan, improving health, imaan, and closeness to our Creator and to each other in the community, and may Allah (swt) ease any difficulties anyone may have this month. Ameen. :)
Ameen

Every blessing to you all,

Eric

Ramadan90
07-08-2013, 01:13 PM
:sl:

Amen to all the duas. May Allah bless all of you with rewards in abundance. Let us make the most of this ramadan, it may be our last one.

Periwinkle18
07-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Ameen to the duas

Its still a bit early but I thought I'd just say it..

Ramadan Mubarak everyone :)

'Abd-al Latif
07-08-2013, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faithandpeace
Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I just want to wish all IB members a very meaningful and fulfilling Ramadaan this year! This will be my first Ramadaan and I am very excited but also a bit nervous but insha'Allah I should do fine with the fasting. May Allah (swt) grant everyone a very spiritually uplifting month of Ramadaan, improving health, imaan, and closeness to our Creator and to each other in the community, and may Allah (swt) ease any difficulties anyone may have this month. Ameen. :)
:wasalamex

"Without doubt, the sincere person has tasted the sweetness of his worship for Allah. This is what stops him from performing worship for other than Allah since there is nothing more sweet or more blessed for the heart than the sweetness of Emaan in Allah, the Lord of the worlds."

(Ibn Taymeeyah – 'al-Fatawa' 10/215)

May Allah keep you steadfast in your enthusiasm and zeal to worship Him and may He grant you a successful Ramadan. Ameen.

greenhill
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Salaam Faithandpeace,

'This will be my first Ramadaan and I am very excited but also a bit nervous but insha'Allah I should do fine '

Every year I have a similar feeling approaching the fasting month. Because every year to stay on course in every respect for the entire month is a real challenge. The easiest part really is the not eating part although that can be difficult at times. And every year, some part of the fasting month is compromised, whether it is the fulfillment of the taraweeh, or reciting of the Quran, or emotional control failure, or loose words, straying eyes, etc. just have it in mind that it is a test for everyone, just do your best :shade:

I also like to wish fellow IB members and visitors a good, rewarding, fulfilling, easy and healthy month ahead for Ramadhan and after. May our thoughts be filled with that of charity, our hearts with care for the needy and that Allah gives us the means to carry it through.

Salaams to all

glo
07-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Wishing all my Muslim friend here a very blessed, joyful and peaceful Ramadan.
I love the new banner at the top of the page. May your holy month indeed bring you closer to Allah. :)

I am not expecting to be around much, so I am sending my best wishes and warm thoughts to you all now.
(Don't overeat, you hear me?! :D)

Salaam!

faithandpeace
07-09-2013, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
faithandpeace, reading the Qur'an during Ramadan definitely adds to the spiritual aspect.Which translation of the Qur'an do you read?
It is by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. I do have some goals already set for Ramadaan! First, is obviously to do the full fast correctly each and every day without having to do any make-ups insha'Allah. Second, I do plan on reading Qur'an (translation) each day of Ramadaan. Because I am still a relatively new Muslimah I don't want to overwhelm myself so instead of doing the traditional path of one section of Qur'an each day finishing the entire Qur'an for the month, I am planning on reading a small portion each day and then gradually increasing the number of ayat as the month progresses insha'Allah. Third, I plan on making sure to study Islam a little bit each day from a textbook I have as I still have plenty to learn insha'Allah. Fourth, I plan on improving in my Salat as I am still new at this but the goal is to improve on it as the month goes on with an increased focus than what I have had pre-Ramadaan insha'Allah. Fifth, I plan on attending at least a few iftars at my local masjid and any home iftars if invited insha'Allah. I want to be consistent in my observance as opposed to trying to do too much too soon and then becoming overwhelmed. Most importantly, I am doing this to please Allah (swt) and any benefit I gain from the experience insha'Allah comes from Allah (swt) alone. :)

I do have a pretty heavy coffee habit. If I quit abruptly I would have a terrible headache most likely. I am planning to have coffee before and after fast but insha'Allah I will have quite a bit less so as to avoid dehydration but enough to prevent illness from withdrawals.

ardianto
07-14-2013, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
(Don't overeat, you hear me?! :D)
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vari...-Ramadan-.html

:hmm:

Ramadan90
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wow

Qurratul Ayn
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
:salamext:

I just want to wish all IB members a very meaningful and fulfilling Ramadaan this year! This will be my first Ramadaan and I am very excited but also a bit nervous but insha'Allah I should do fine with the fasting.
:awesome: In Shaa Allaah, you'll be fine. It will be hard but most definitely worth it! Stay resilient and strong, as we all should!

May Allah (swt) grant everyone a very spiritually uplifting month of Ramadaan, improving health, imaan, and closeness to our Creator and to each other in the community, and may Allah (swt) ease any difficulties anyone may have this month. Ameen.
Ameen thumma ameen.

It is by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. I do have some goals already set for Ramadaan! First, is obviously to do the full fast correctly each and every day without having to do any make-ups insha'Allah. Second, I do plan on reading Qur'an (translation) each day of Ramadaan. Because I am still a relatively new Muslimah I don't want to overwhelm myself so instead of doing the traditional path of one section of Qur'an each day finishing the entire Qur'an for the month, I am planning on reading a small portion each day and then gradually increasing the number of ayat as the month progresses insha'Allah. Third, I plan on making sure to study Islam a little bit each day from a textbook I have as I still have plenty to learn insha'Allah. Fourth, I plan on improving in my Salat as I am still new at this but the goal is to improve on it as the month goes on with an increased focus than what I have had pre-Ramadaan insha'Allah. Fifth, I plan on attending at least a few iftars at my local masjid and any home iftars if invited insha'Allah. I want to be consistent in my observance as opposed to trying to do too much too soon and then becoming overwhelmed. Most importantly, I am doing this to please Allah (swt) and any benefit I gain from the experience insha'Allah comes from Allah (swt) alone.
Great plan, :alhamd: Alhamdulillah Praise be to Allaah. In Shaa Allaah, you will be able to succeed in completing it! If only, we lived near each other, You most certainly would have come to mine for Iftaar :D Do you know anyone who owns a jet aircraft? Lol

I've already written my Ramadhaan greeting to all in another thread, but here's another one;

Please make Du'a for all the precious Muslims out there, especially the dear Brothers and Sisters who are suffering in countless countries :cry: and may we all be able to complete this month successfully, and take all the positive and wondrous elements from this month into all the months and years to come, In Shaa Allaah

Making Du'a always

:salamext:

Urban Turban
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
:sl:

Sorry for being late, was ill and even missed Tarawih prayers, but Alhamdulillah alright now, here's wishing everyone on IB a belated :embarrass Ramadhan Mubarak!

An advice from a top Ulamah which I wish to share:

Though its a great thing that the Muslims increase their worship / prayers during Ramadhan, its also very important that they make it such that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala accepts their prayers - so perform prayers and also make dua to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala that he accepts our prayers / worship.

:w:

faithandpeace
07-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Ramadan Mubarak!

Jazakallah khair for everyone's responses! Ramadan has already brought me great peace and happiness and I feel much closer to Allah (swt). Sawm was not too difficult the first four days. The third day they had donuts for everyone at work. Without thinking I grabbed one but just as I was about to put it in my mouth, I remembered my obligation! :) So I did not break the fast and saved it for afterwards. Days 5-6 I started becoming very weak and this morning I was ill so I did not fast today but insha'Allah will make this up as soon as possible after Ramadan. I feel healthy now and insha'Allah will resume Sawm for day 8 and onward.

ardianto
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Without thinking I grabbed one but just as I was about to put it in my mouth, I remembered my obligation!
Don't tell anyone that I've ever forgot like this too. :D

Alhamdulillah, I'm glad to hear you try to fast as good as you can. May Allah give you easiness.

:)

ardianto
07-16-2013, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If a Muslim overeat after break his fast, it's not because hungry, but because he doesn't understand the 'wisdom' of fasting itself.

Fasting both fard (in Ramadan) and sunnah, is an ibadah (act of worship) which contain 'prize'. Those who fast properly, In Shaa Allah, will get a 'prize' that they can take in the hereafter.

But unfortunately, there are Muslims who give prize for themselves in the world. They are thinking if they can finish fasting in a day, they can get prize, eat anything that they want. It's not a good intention. But the worse is those who are thinking about compensation. They think "Okay, I will fast today, but after break my fast I must eat this food, that food"

And when the iftar time comes they start their eating party which they feel they have right to eat anything that they want, as much as they can. It can make them overeat, of course.

This is a bad habit among some Muslims that will negate the real prize of fasting. As Rasulullah (saw) has said "How many people are fasting but he did not get (anything) from fasting but only hunger and thirst."
(HR Ath Thabrani)

MuslimInshallah
06-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I wanted to wish everyone Ramadan mubarak! Rather than start a new thread, I found this one; it has some good advice and kind wishes.

So…. (smile) Ramadan Karim to all of you out there… may Allah Accept your fast.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!