/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iftar while on travel

Naeema
07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Asallaam Aleikum,

I will be travelling for business to a major US City at the end of Ramadan. As I am only flying a short distance and then attending a conference, I hope that I will be able to maintain my fast, in sha Allah. The trial may be difficult as this conference has many meetings with food. But I am determined!

I have been planning things out in hope of increasing my success, such as staying at a bed and breakfast that offers "boxed breakfast" and can provide it to me the night before (my suhoor meal). I am staying just under one mile from a beautiful mosque. I had planned to walk there for Magrib prayer each day. Can I stay for Iftar if invited? Or is it impolite to "crash" another masjid's iftar?

Wa Aleikum Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Walaykum as Salaam sis ,

in my country many people bring food , juice to mosque before Iftar and share it with others. I think , it's ok if u stay there and if possible take some food with u .

Muhammad
07-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

May Allaah :swt: reward you for your efforts. Iftar at the Mosque is for everyone. It is one of those beautiful moments in Ramadhan when Muslims come together - often people who don't know each other - and break their fast together. It is one of those moments when the sense of unity is revived. And as a guest, it is even more befitting that you should be welcomed to stay, as kind treatment of guests is a teaching of Islam:

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
"Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day either speak good or be silent. Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day honour his neighbour. Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day honour his guest."
[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

In addition, providing food to other Muslims who are fasting is a very noble deed. The Prophet :saws: said: “Whoever gives food to a fasting person to break his fast will have a reward like his without decreasing his reward in the slightest way.” [At-Tirmithi: Hasan Saheeh]

Thus Muslims are urged to be benevolent and hospitable towards each other. That is why sometimes people compete for providing food to other Muslims. It truly is an amazing aspect of Ramadhan, subhanAllaah!

ardianto
07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naeema
I had planned to walk there for Magrib prayer each day. Can I stay for Iftar if invited? Or is it impolite to "crash" another masjid's iftar?
Assalamualaikum, sister.

Every masjid is your masjid. You don't need invitation to get iftar because every masjid is opened for anyone.

There are many masjid that provide free meal for iftar. The money to buy meal come from 'those who are able'. But it doesn't mean free iftar is only for poor people, because in front of Allah there's no rich people, there's no poor people. Iftar in masjid is a time for us to remember it.

Yes, you can get free iftar in every masjid that provide it. But if you have money why don't you give donation to masjid, and the masjid can provide free iftar again in the next day. In Shaa Allah, you will get reward.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!