/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about God's creation

Omarz14
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Salamu alaykum everyone and Ramadan Kareem

I wonder if someone can help me with this question.

Like many believers, I am always amazed by God's creation of the SEA WORLD and the different colors of creatures down there in oceans and seas, Subhan Allah.

MY QUESTION: Since God is often telling us about His unique creation in the Quran, WHY ISN'T THAT AMAZING SEA WORLD MENTIONED MUCH IN THE QURAN?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
07-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Salaam.

Welcome to our forums. :welcome::welcome::welcome:

anisafatima
07-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Salam brother Quran's main focus is on basic and generic objects and issues. Modern science also bleive that the basic ingredient and constituent of life is water. I hope you might have got answer of your question.

Allah is He Who has created the heavens and the earth and sends down water (rain) from the sky, and thereby brought forth fruits as provision for you; and He has made the ships to be of service to you, that they may sail through the sea by His Command; and He has made rivers (also) to be of service to you. Ibrahim [14:32]

Al-Mufarridun
07-11-2013, 10:52 AM
:sl:

There are many verses in the Qur'an were Allaah :swt: directs us to observe what is on the Earth, this doesn't only apply to the land masses but the whole earth, including the oceans, seas, rivers. There are also many verses in the Qur'an that specifically mention the seas/oceans and what they contain. The following are some of them;

And [He has subjected] whatever He multiplied for you on the earth of varying colors.
Indeed in that is a sign for a people who remember.

And it is He who subjected the sea for you to eat from it tender meat and to extract from it ornaments which you wear.
And you see the ships plowing through it, and [He subjected it] that you may seek of His bounty; and perhaps you will be grateful.
[An-Nahl verses 13-14]
----------------

And how many a creature carries not its [own] provision. Allah provides for it and for you. And He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
[Surat 42, verse 60]
----------------

Anything you catch in the sea is lawful for you, and all food from it, for your enjoyment and that of travellers…
[Surat 5 verse 96]
----------------

He released the two seas, meeting [side by side]; Between them is a barrier [so] neither of them transgresses.
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?
From both of them emerge pearl and coral. So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?
And to Him belong the ships [with sails] elevated in the sea like mountains. So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?
[Surat 55 verses 19-25]
----------------

If we only reflected on the verse that mentions pearls and the coral, or even only reflected on the pearl and how it is made, that would be more than enough.

Allaah knows best!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
07-15-2013, 02:04 PM
I have come across other verses about the sea. There are plenty of Quran sites on the net where you can type in a word to see its occurrence and read on it.

The Quran is a guide for us. It mentions (in passing only) about his other creations and that also only in its relevance to us - for us to ponder or reflect or to take heed or to use in whatever form it is intended for. It is not really a Book to showcase His brilliance (although that also comes through vividly).

Personally, I would like to know of things (and wished) He had included more descriptions of things I cannot know of otherwise rather than of things which, with research, we can find out, like what is to be found in the seas. Perhaps, a little more description of things like what are we there?(In heaven) I understand we are soul, mind and currently, with flesh. But these things, are in the realm of the unknown. Only when I am there, I will know.
"Aye, ye will behold it with sure vision" (At Takathur line 7)

By the way, welcome to the forum. This should be put in a different thread. Just noticed this is your first post. It's supposed to be an introduction :D

Salaam

Gray
07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Color is often derived from what an organism eats or produces, or a defensive strategy to call out that that particular organism may be posionous

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!