/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my first Ramadan...

OriginalSonnet
07-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I broke my fast by puking up stomach fluid and cleansing my mouth from it, I know I have to make up this day for fasting.
My questions is I have semi-permanent nail polish on and I have to go to a salon to take it off.
We had a power outage all over the city right before Ramadan and I was unable to.
My question is should I fast anyways and make up the days that I had nail polish on later,
or do not fast until the nail polish is off and again, make up those days after.
What is the best things to do.
And If I accidently break my fast without knowing, when I realize should I cancel the day of fasting and redo it after Eid ?
Last question is if I gave up on ramadan last year should I try to make up these days between Ramadan's year to year or just continue with this Ramadan
Thank You !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2013, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OriginalSonnet
I broke my fast by puking up stomach fluid and cleansing my mouth from it, I know I have to make up this day for fasting.
My questions is I have semi-permanent nail polish on and I have to go to a salon to take it off.
We had a power outage all over the city right before Ramadan and I was unable to.
My question is should I fast anyways and make up the days that I had nail polish on later,
or do not fast until the nail polish is off and again, make up those days after.
What is the best things to do.
And If I accidently break my fast without knowing, when I realize should I cancel the day of fasting and redo it after Eid ?
Last question is if I gave up on ramadan last year should I try to make up these days between Ramadan's year to year or just continue with this Ramadan
Thank You !
Asalaamu Alaikum my sister If your vomiting was uninduced and you did not swallow it intentionally then it does not break the fast as long as you did neither intentionally. Also you must remove the semi permanent nail polish immediately and never put it on again as it will always prevent your Wudu (Ablution) being accepted and therefore prevent you from praying in the first place. How can a person do that which prevents them from fulfilling the very purpose of their life on a daily basis - The Salaah!

Salaah is the second pillar of Islam and is the most important act of worship after the Shahada (decleration of faith).

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, “The first thing that a person will be questioned about is his prayers.” (Tibrani)

Missing Salaah intentionally is tantamount to disbelief:

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." (Muslim)

Imam Baihaqi (Ra) narrates that ‘Umar (Ra) states that a person came to the court of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and asked, “What is the most beloved deed in Islam in the Sight of Allah?” The Prophet (Peace be upon him) replied, “Performing Salah at its allocated time. Those who forsake Salah have no religion and Salah is a pillar of the religion.” (Sha’bul Iman with Reference from Dur ul Mansoor Vol 1 Page 296)

Many people in Hell will be of those who used to miss Salaah:

And Allah says of the people of Hell (interpretation of the meaning):

“ ‘What has caused you to enter Hell?’

They will say: ‘We were not of those who used to offer the Salaah (prayers)’” [al-Muddaththir 74:42-43]

Missing one Salaah like losing family and wealth:

Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: The person who missed even one Salaat is as though he has been deprived of his entire family and wealth. (ibne Hibban)

Allah angry & displeased with the one who used to miss the prayer:

The person who intentionally misses even one Salah will meet his Lord in such a manner that the Lord will be displeased with him. (Majmu’az Zawa’id Vol 1 Page 295)

Therefore it is a very major sin to miss even one Salaah let alone each and every Salaah. How can we have any peace in our minds with the fact that we are not fulfilling the very purpose of our life and creation? How can we ever be at peace with the fact that Allah our creator is displeased and even angry with us. Also how can we ever be at peace with the fact that those of us that do not pray our Salaah then there is little hope for us in the Hereafter.

If a person misses a Salaah intentionally then they are out of the fold of Islam. So this is a very serious issue. You must take action on this immediately and repent, beg and cry to Allah for forgiveness and never do such a thing again and you will find he is most forgiving. The majority of scholars from the past and present say that those Salaah we have missed previously from puberty until now must be made up. There is also an opinion from some scholars that we cannot make up missed Salaah and that we should instead do many voluntary prayers to make up for all the past missed Salaah.

Read more about Salaah - The purpose of life here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-our-life.html

Regarding your main question then whether you have nail polish on or not then it does not effect the fast. So you can still fast. But as I have already mentioned you must remove the nail polish as soon as possible even if you have to go far in order to get it removed so that you can pray. You should still pray and then once you have removed the nail varnish then you will have to make up the prayers but at least that way you will not get the sin for missing prayers due to your ignorance on the matter Allah knows best about that.

Regarding your last question then only eating and drinking intentionally breaks the fast. So if you realise after accidently eating or drinking then you should carry on fasting. As you get used to fasting this should not be an issue anymore. Also sister you must never give up on Ramadan. As already mentioned those of us who do not pray intentionally are out of the fold of Islam but know that every deed we do we do for ourselves but the fasting is solely for Allah and it is he who will reward for it so if we cannot even fast for our creator then what hope is there for us in this life and the next?

But we must never lose hope due to our past. This blessed month is a month of redemption where we can turn things around and start living to obey and please Allah and start making effort for the eternal life of the Hereafter. We must ask of Allah to forgive us and help us on the straight path. We must make firm intentions with sincerity that we will try our best to fulfil our obligations unto Allah. This is a sign for you to change. Now is the time to do it. You will never find peace, contentment and satisfaction in anything but the worship of Allah. Therefore rejoice that Allah is wanting you closer to him and he is giving you this amazing opportunity that not many people get. So grab this unique opportunity and get closer to Allah and your life will never be the same again!

Please click on the following link and read the short article:

The Best Opportunity to Change Our Lives Forever!

http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...s-forever.html

If you need anymore help or advice about anything then please do not hesitate to ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!