/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Falling off the wagon

revert88
07-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi Guys,

So I have been unable to keep a true fast during ramadan. I work 5-8 hours a day and have classes. I haven't officially converted yet because I am unsure still. Any advice would be appreciated

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
07-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I'll be honest, I have not fasted the first 3 days...I lasted till 3:00 pm on the first day,..I too would like to see answers in regard to that.

In Muslim communities the community is built around fasting, so shops,stores,businesses..etc close early for it. It is very hard to fast when you have to work long hours plus go to school. You cannot focus on your studies if your nutritional/mental health is being sent for a swerve(not eating/drinking till about 8 at night...)

Scimitar
07-12-2013, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by revert88
Hi Guys,

So I have been unable to keep a true fast during ramadan. I work 5-8 hours a day and have classes. I haven't officially converted yet because I am unsure still. Any advice would be appreciated
Hi revert88,

If you have not converted yet, then Sawm (fasting) is not incumbent on you yet, so don't worry :)

When you take your shahadah, you can fast every monday and thursday if you want to - it is good practice to do so, though not a requirement...

....after your shahadah, await your first ramadhan, and keep the fasts as best as you can. Don't break any, if you feel you cannot keep a fast, then don't keep it - but make it up when you feel you can. In the meantime- you can feed two poor people to alleviate the sin of not fasting in ramadhan as a Muslim. You still have to make up the missed fasts though... this applies to a Muslim

Non Muslims:
...however, you don't have to make up any missed fasts because you didn't fast when you was not a Muslim. :) And since you are not a Muslim yet, you are not required to fast.

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I'll be honest, I have not fasted the first 3 days...I lasted till 3:00 pm on the first day,..I too would like to see answers in regard to that.

In Muslim communities the community is built around fasting, so shops,stores,businesses..etc close early for it. It is very hard to fast when you have to work long hours plus go to school. You cannot focus on your studies if your nutritional/mental health is being sent for a swerve(not eating/drinking till about 8 at night...)
Bro Crimsontide, when you say you lasted til 3pm on the first day, can you explain to me if you was fasting and broke it? or was it something else?

Scimi

crimsontide06
07-12-2013, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Bro Crimsontide, when you say you lasted til 3pm on the first day, can you explain to me if you was fasting and broke it? or was it something else?
I was fasting but had done work, which made me so thirsty, so I broke fast.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi Guys,

Greetings my friend. Please tell me what you are unsure about?

revert88
07-13-2013, 01:14 AM
A Salaam Alaikum Hamza,

There are a few things I am unsure about and if you want to address me in PM that is okay too but I will list them for all to see.

1) I was a born again christian (believe jesus christ is my savior, the son of god and died for my sins). It is something I am having a problem with letting go. I believe he is the christ, the messiah... Must I abandon this?
2)Some of the Hadith to me seem very confusing. For example, Umar had a ban on Hadith...
3) When it comes to gay people I will always disagree with what some hadith has to say. In the Qur'an there is no exact description for punishment. Also for a woman who commits adultery I disagree with it highly. There are a variety of hadith I just don't agree with and I don't think I ever could. I am a Behavioral Neuroscientist by trade and I can guarantee that gay people do not choose and if they are adopting kids and having loving families, I support that. There are numerous factual scientific studies supporting that gay parents a great parents (their children grow up HETEROSEXUAL) and modern psychology and development science agree that being gay is not a choice and is not a disease. I have also heard that out of the authentic hadith there is no clear punishment and it has been left up to mahdahbs
4) I grew up Jewish and there seems to be alot of anti jewish sentiment like people believing the protocols of the elders of zion are true or that Jews control the media. None of that is true so why is that perpetuated?

If I can maintain my belief that jesus is the christ, that some hadith really dont make sense (or prove me otherwise), that being gay is not punishable by death ( OUTSIDE of a hadith) and that they can be accepted, and that jews are not evil I will convert right now. Otherwise I don't know. I'm not trying to troll these are legitimate concerns of mine.

Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2013, 02:56 AM
A Salaam Alaikum Hamza,

There are a few things I am unsure about and if you want to address me in PM that is okay too but I will list them for all to see.

1) I was a born again christian (believe jesus christ is my savior, the son of god and died for my sins). It is something I am having a problem with letting go. I believe he is the christ, the messiah... Must I abandon this?
2)Some of the Hadith to me seem very confusing. For example, Umar had a ban on Hadith...
3) When it comes to gay people I will always disagree with what some hadith has to say. In the Qur'an there is no exact description for punishment. Also for a woman who commits adultery I disagree with it highly. There are a variety of hadith I just don't agree with and I don't think I ever could. I am a Behavioral Neuroscientist by trade and I can guarantee that gay people do not choose and if they are adopting kids and having loving families, I support that. There are numerous factual scientific studies supporting that gay parents a great parents (their children grow up HETEROSEXUAL) and modern psychology and development science agree that being gay is not a choice and is not a disease. I have also heard that out of the authentic hadith there is no clear punishment and it has been left up to mahdahbs
4) I grew up Jewish and there seems to be alot of anti jewish sentiment like people believing the protocols of the elders of zion are true or that Jews control the media. None of that is true so why is that perpetuated?

If I can maintain my belief that jesus is the christ, that some hadith really dont make sense (or prove me otherwise), that being gay is not punishable by death ( OUTSIDE of a hadith) and that they can be accepted, and that jews are not evil I will convert right now. Otherwise I don't know. I'm not trying to troll these are legitimate concerns of mine.
:wa:

1) My brother firstly Almighty Allah the exalted clearly refers to Jesus in the Qur'an as the "Messiah". The word Messiah in Hebrew is 'maw-shee-akh'. In Arabic it is "Maseeh". This basically means the "Annointed" and "Appointed". This refers to the fact that Jesus (Peace be upon him) came into this world out of his mother's womb, naturally and divinely anointed with oil and was divinely appointed by God as one of his greatest Prophets. If you believe in the words of Jesus (Pbuh) then you will believe in him as a great Prophet of God and NOT God because there is not one single statement in his words or that of the word of God that refers to him as God.

How can Jesus be GOD Almighty in the light of the following verses?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he ask for GOD's Forgiveness in Luke 23:34? Please visit How can Jesus be GOD Almighty when he asked for GOD's Forgiveness?

If Jesus was GOD, then why Mark 15:34 says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If Jesus was GOD, then did Paul say in 1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”?

Also in Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone."

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus begged his GOD to have mercy on him and to pass the cup to death (kill Jesus in another words) before Jesus goes through the pain of crucifixion? Also see: Jesus' crucifixion in Islam

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 18:38 he didn't reply when he was asked about the truth?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus said "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus? Also see GOD's Spirit in the many others beside Jesus.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:31 Jesus told his followers that if he (Jesus) bears witness of himself, then his record is not true?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:30 Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:36-38 Jesus said that GOD had assigned him (Jesus) work and GOD is a witness on Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he pray to his GOD in Luke 5:16?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus fell on his face and prayed to his GOD?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in Hebrew 5:7 he prayed and cried for GOD to hear him and give him mercy by saving him from death?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 1:18 he said "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the FATHER'S side, has made HIM known." Where do you see Trinity in this Verse?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 5:37 he said "And the FATHER who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard HIS voice nor seen HIS form," Jesus and the GOD are different. People heard Jesus, but never heard GOD.

Also The "Son" title also given to others beside Jesus:

How come Christians take the "God's Son" title literally with Jesus and they don't take it literally for the rest of the prophets and people who were called the Sons of God?

In John 3:16 Jesus was called God's only Begotten Son.

In Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn." Israel was called God's First Son.

In Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." Ephraim is God's First Son and First Born.

In Psalm 2:7 "....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." David was called God's Begotten Son.

Also Jesus' Miracles were not unique in the Bible:

If Jesus is believed to be GOD because he could do miracles, he could heal leprosy, he could cause blind men to see, or raise the dead, then what about the others who performed the same miracles?

Elisha and Elijah fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn (2 Kings 4:44). Elisha told Naaman, who was a leper, to wash in the river Jordan (2 Kings 5:14) and he was healed. Elisha caused a blind man to see in (2 Kings 6:17,20). Elijah and Elisha raised the dead in (1 Kings 17:22, and 2 Kings 4:34). Even Elisha's dead bones restored a dead body in (2 Kings 13:21). Indeed Jesus had prophesied that people will worship him uselessly and will believe in doctrines not made by GOD but by men "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9)"

In Matthew 15:9 above, we see Jesus warning that Trinity (the bogus lie) will dominate, and people will take Jesus as GOD and worship him, which is a total sin according to what Jesus said !!.

Allah Almighty (GOD) in the Noble Quran (The Muslims' Holy Scripture) states in Verse 5:72 "They do blaspheme who say: 'God is Christ the son of Mary.' But said Christ: 'O Children of Israel ! worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' "

Also in Noble Verse 5:73 "They do blaspheme who say God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them."

And also in Noble Verse 4:171 "O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, ..."

Also let us talk about the trinity. Where, specifically, in the Gospel does Jesus (PBUH!) mention the Trinity?

(If you find no such reference from his lips to a god residing in three persons -- and you will not -- then perhaps you will be moved to consider the following questions:)

2- How could Jesus (PBUH!) possibly have omitted to mention something of such extraordinary importance?

* How could the authors of the four Gospels have made the same extraordinary omission?

(For no direct reference to the Trinity appears in any chapter or verse of any of the four Gospels. It is a patching-on from a later era.)

3- Why does Jesus (PBUH!) in the Lord's prayer address the Lord as "Father" and then refer to the Father's children throughout as "Us" and "We," instead of separating himself from the rest of the children of God, as the Trinity would seem to demand?

4- And the big question: If redemption through the blood of Christ, that one member of the Trinity, is all that is necessary for salvation, how are we to explain the many, many occasions in the Gospel that Jesus (PBUH!) details the necessity of submitting directly to the One God -- without ever mentioning the role of his (Jesus', PBUH!) redeeming blood?

So let me ask you my brother: Are these not extraordinary teachings? Are they not central to the ministry of Jesus (PBUH!)? And must we not confront dozens of them in order to defend the Trinity and the notion of the sacrificial Christ?

So if you truly believe in Jesus in accordance with what he has referred himself as and that which God has referred to him as then this is the same as how he has been referred to in the Qur'an.

Referances: Taken from AnswerChristianity

2) My brother firstly you should stop looking into anti Islamic websites and Shiah websites for information on Islam as they will always give you such information out of context as with everything things must be taken and seen in context. Umar (Ra) did not ban hadith for his companions to write but he banned it for himself as he first intended on writing a book of Sunnah's but after much thought decided against it for the reasons that other may looks deeply into it more and end up neglecting the Qur'an. This was because at the time there was only one copy of the Qur'an and if he decided to write a book of Sunnah's then people may have confused the two and so as a leader he decided against writing it as he was a very God fearing man but he never banned others writing it. In fact he encouraged it:

Umar (Ra) said: ''Preserve Knwoledge by writing it down'' (Darimi, Hakim, Jami' Biyan-ul-'Ilm).

See how things become clear once one has gained the correct knowledge on any matter.

3) Firstly there is no punishments for being gay or homosexual. The act is evil but the person who commits such an act is not evil as such just like if a person commits any evil then it does not make them inheritly evil. The punishment is only for actually acting out homosexual activities with a person of the same gender if caught with clear evidence and proof. Let us see what the punishment for sodomy is in Christianity:

"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (From the NIV Bible, Leviticus 20:13)"

Clearly in Christianity its the same punishment. If both are caught red handed then they are put to death. Such an act has to have a harsh penalty because it is against the very nature of humankind. It is against reproduction and the normal nature of procreation and spouses. It is also biologically wrong. Sodomy is the cause of many extremely dangerous and even deadly diseases.

Also there is no gay gene. Secondly there is no scientific evidences linking homosexuality to ones genetic makeup. It is a learned behaviour. May behavioural scientists actually link homosexuality to either abuse at a young age or a difficult or bad relationship with the Father. Also many homosexuals have reverted back to heterosexuality proving that this is a behaviour that can be overcome just like any behaviour can be overcome with effort and perseverance. No one has said anything about Gay people being bad parents. This is just about the act of homosexuality which is the main issue. There are many people who do have such tendencies but do not act upon it. This is because it may be a test for many people just like people have illnesses or many other behavioural problems and issues. But as with any test it can be overcome after much perseverance and many who have homosexual tendencies live normal heterosexual lives with partners and children because they realise it is a test and people are tested in all sorts of ways. As long as they abstain and overcome such tendencies and desires then they will be rewarded accordingly inshallah.

Regarding what you said about adultery then again the punishment is the same according to Christianity:

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

It is not just women adulterers who are put to death but it is the same for men so equality is not even in the equation. This has to do with acting as a deterrent against this heinous sin just as the punishments prescribed by God although they may seem very harsh but the purpose for the harshness has to do with deterring people from committing the act in the first place. Even in the UK where I'm from many non Muslims want capital punishment back because the punishments for murder and other terrible crimes are far too lenient. Also there have been numerous cases of normal everyday professional upstanding members of the community who have killed partners who have cheated out of sheer anger. Adultery ruins lives and scars people. It is also a big cause of suicide. Therefore it deserves a harsh punishment to deter people from it in the first place but in our highly sexualised societies this heinous sin is rapidly increased and will continue to increase.

Also according to Shariah in order to prove a woman guilty of lewdness in the first place there have to be 4 reliable witnesses present to prove her guilty of the sin. This is extremely difficult because the court needs at least four reliable witnesses to prove that she actually committed a sin by having illegal sex. So the woman is innocent until 4 witnesses are presented to prove that she is guilty of sin.

4) Regarding your last question then it is wrong to attack any race or religion or label anyone with a particular label. But what is clear is that Zionism and Judaism although Zionists claim to follow Judaism but are actually a politically motivated group rather than follow the scriptures like the orthodox Jews. What is also apparent is that in Israel itself there is a massive divide between orthodox Jews, secularists and the Zionists. Orthodox Jews are actually against the terrible practises of the Zionists with regards to the terrible way the Zionists treat the Palestinians. There is no doubt that they are terrible aggressors and will stop at nothing until they totally take the whole of the Palestinians land. However they are very different to orthodox Jews who follow the scriptures and confirm that what the zionists are doing by constantly building on Palestinian land is totally wrong and against the scriptures of orthodox Judaism:

Please watch the following:

An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=etXAm-OylQQ

Orthodox Jews protest against Zionism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IapWP8hq9Mc

With regards to the media then it is clear that the Zionists do have a monopoly on the media in order to spread their evil ideas and try and defame Islam and Muslims which they do on almost a daily basis in the media:

Zionist control of the media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iN_zYkJFXjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjt8eoAIaqU

Another major issue especially in the US is the amount of control the Zionist lobby groups have over American policies both domestic and foreign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KL3prJMhDuo

So if you ask are Jews the problem then I say no because orthodox Jews who follow the scripture are not the problem but it is the Zionists who are the problem for they are a movement motivated by pure greed and evil and think it is acceptable to treat the Palestinians worse than animals if it means that they will achieve their objectives.

If you have anymore questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

revert88
07-13-2013, 04:58 AM
A Salaam Alaikum&nbsp;<br><br>I like the piece on Christianity, very nice. You have some very good points. If jesus was god then why refer to god as god? It does not make sense.<br><br>As for gays, there is no proven gene however there are extreme differences in a person who has same-sex attraction biology I'll cite an abstract<font size="2"> "<strong style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128); font-family: arial; font-size: x-small; "><font size="2">Genetic research using family and twin methodologies has produced consistent evidence that genes influence sexual orientation" it goes on to say"</font>&nbsp;</strong><font color="#808080" face="arial">but molecular research has not yet produced compelling evidence of specific genes" there are also neuroanatomical and hormonal differences.&nbsp;</font><br><br><font color="#808080" face="arial">also here is a book about it stating there are biological differences (outside the persons control) and we don't know why but it is&nbsp;</font><em style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128); font-family: arial; font-size: x-small; "><u><strong>not clear</strong></u><strong></strong></em><strong style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128); font-family: arial; font-size: x-small; "></strong><font color="#808080" face="arial"> if&nbsp;<b><i><u>environment</u></i></b>&nbsp;plays a role in this. So with that being said... in science we just do not know. I am a published scientist in journals and scientifically I cannot say what is causation but I am sure there is a biological role.&nbsp;<br><br>In the story of Lut, the people are practicing homosexual acts in public in front of people and refusing to have sex with women even when Lut offers his daughters they also robbed people and did terrible things. The two angels showed up and the people demanded to fornicate with them so Allah destroyed the town. What i get out of it is that everyone was so depraved (idolatrous, murderers,&nbsp;thieves, liars, fornicators, and practicing homosexual anal intercourse). Now we have the issue nowadays of gays. There have been so many suicides worldwide due to bullying and so many hate crimes surely God would save them? If it is only to condemn them and make them suffer because they love the same gender then I cannot accept this religion. There have been no good proofs that "getting married and having kids" solves things, studies prove this is absolutely untrue. If two souls who love eachother, stay faithful, believe in the pillars and yet are still condemned then I do not know what the world is.&nbsp;<br><br>I have also heard that an atoms weight of good will&nbsp;</font></font><font color="#808080" face="arial" size="2">destroy much more of the sins.&nbsp;</font>

revert88
07-13-2013, 05:00 AM
A Salaam Alaikum
;I like the piece on Christianity, very nice. You have some very good points. If jesus was god then why refer to god as god? It does not make sense.As for gays, there is no proven gene however there are extreme differences in a person who has same-sex attraction biology I'll cite an abstractGenetic research using family and twin methodologies has produced consistent evidence that genes influence sexual orientation" it goes on to say "but molecular research has not yet produced compelling evidence of specific genes" there are also neuroanatomical and hormonal differences.also here is a book about it stating there are biological differences (outside the persons control) and we don't know why but it is not clear what plays a role in this. So with that being said... in science we just do not know. I am a published scientist in journals and scientifically I cannot say what is causation but I am sure there is a biological role.In the story of Lut, the people are practicing homosexual acts in public in front of people and refusing to have sex with women even when Lut offers his daughters they also robbed people and did terrible things. The two angels showed up and the people demanded to fornicate with them so Allah destroyed the town. What i get out of it is that everyone was so depraved (idolatrous, murderers,thieves, liars, fornicators, and practicing homosexual anal intercourse). Now we have the issue nowadays of gays. There have been so many suicides worldwide due to bullying and so many hate crimes surely God would save them? If it is only to condemn them and make them suffer because they love the same gender then I cannot accept this religion. There have been no good proofs that "getting married and having kids" solves things, studies prove this is absolutely untrue. If two souls who love eachother, stay faithful, believe in the pillars and yet are still condemned then I do not know what the world is anymore.I have also heard that an atoms weight of good will destroy a thousand sins

Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Lets go with what you say and the entire world eventually becomes homosexual. What would be the result of such a world? Procreation would be eradicated totally which would mean the gradual end of the human race. Deadly diseases like HIV and AIDS would become do widespread that they would claim countless lives making most of the population either HIV positive or having AIDS.

Also such a relationship is against our physical makeup. Both genders have physical attributes which are not meant to have sexual activity with. Whereas opposite genders have complimenting physical attributes which go perfectly together. Also it is proven that the lining of the rectum gets damaged through regular sodomy. The rectum is not made to have anything inserted into it. Everything points against such a relationship.

The world human population would not survive for long. This clearly shows us that same sex relationships are not natural nor is it the natural inclination of human beings to be with the same sex gender. Opposite sex marriages are completely normal and natural and this is apparent from the increasing human population and durvival of our species. Our dpecies would never durvive if it became homosexual. Therefore there is no comparison. It would be completely illogicsl and absurd to even begin yo compare the two relationships together.

Regarding what you mentioned of the hormonal differences in homosexual people then this is clearly not the case 100% of the time as for example there are countlees effeminate men and masculine women who live normal heterasexual lives. Although as i have mentioned there maybe cases where certain effeminate men and masculine women are more inclined towards same gender due to hormonal imbalances etc as a test upon them just like people are tested with their health in countless different ways.

As with any test many homosexual people have stopped living a homosexual life and have reverted back to normal heterasexual lives. They themselves admitted they felt so much better and normal stopping such practises. Just like giving up any ad addiction. Therefore a person who commits homosexual practises can overcome and stop such practises.

Also being a victim is not limited to homosexual people. People are discriminated, victimised, oppressed and even killed for all sorts of reasons like race, gender, religion, age, social status, physical features, disability and the list goes on. Why are not these people saved? It has nothing to do with the discrimination of a particular group. This is about the act of honosexuality which is clearly against human nature and reproduction and if left to spread it would significantly reduce the human population to extinction and spread the deadliests diseases known to man to epedemic proportions.

It is quite shocking that you can say there is no evidence of

revert88
07-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I never said the whole world would become homosexual? That would just be silly and evolutionarily makes no sense. And yeah of course the human race would not survive if everyone was homosexual but that won't happen... And HIV is a huge problem, Look at Africa where the vast majority of HIV cases are from heterosexual relations.

Homosexual behavior naturally occurs amongst a variety of organisms so I don't know if it's against nature (see wikipedia for homosexual behavior in animals...the list gets really long).

And as for a group being marginalized and attacked (also people being perceived as homosexual which is usually the case) negative stereotypes persist and these people get bullied, maimed, killed, kill themselves, etc.

I don't find it shocking. The more I use logic, the more disillusioned I become. If you would like to continue please PM me to discuss this issue further.

sister herb
07-13-2013, 12:30 PM
As you mentioned homosexuality amongst animal and other organisms, you might like to look this video lecture about kind of matter:

By Sheikh Dr. Bilal Philips

(There is also mention about some other "natural" ways to behave within some animals, like how some creatures eat the male during or after intercourse - if some animals do this, it must to be "natural" too? Bon apetit?)

glo
07-13-2013, 03:35 PM
I am not sure that turning this thread into another homosexuality debate - especially during the month of Ramadan. ^o)

Revert88, I wish you well on your faith journey. Bear in mind that we cannot always answer all queries, doubts and questions. I think some things we will not fully understand until we meet God face to face - so don't let doubt hold you back.

revert88
07-13-2013, 04:42 PM
thank you glo,

thats something I needed to hear

Insaanah
07-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Many people live in Western countries that still have the death penalty. They may not agree with it, but they still live there and are loyal citizens of the state, cherishing the values of their country. They don't pack up leave the country. So why apply the same to Islam? If you believe there is one God without any associate in His Divinity and that Muhammad (peace and salutations of Allah be upon hm) is His final messenger, then you should take the shahaadah without delay, and slowly work on peripheral issues such as what might happen to stranger somewhere that happens to feel that he is gay. Don't put your own salvation on hold for others who don't even know you're doing so. Don't let Satan tempt you away with what if's and ah but what about. That would truly be a loss. Become a Muslim, strengthen your relationship with God, perform the fundamentals.

Some things are forbidden in Islam e.g. pork. The Qur'an mentions that it is unclean, but various other theories have been postulated abut why it is forbidden. They may hold true, but the fact is, Allah forbade it, in His wisdom, which is far greater than we can fathom. We look at things from the limited confines of our human minds, whereas Allah is All Knowing, All Wise, and We Trust in His Wisdom and Knowledge.

Indeed, the angels said, when Allah announced to them that He was going to create a human being:

They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know." (Qur'an 2:30)

Afterwards they acknowledged His superior knowledge and their lack thereof:

They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise." (Qur'an 2:32)

Just some food for thought.

Peace.

glo
07-13-2013, 07:33 PM
thank you glo,

thats something I needed to hear
You are welcome. Sometimes the head gets in the way. :)

revert88
07-13-2013, 07:50 PM
thank you too insaanah, I will take my shahadah

aflawedbeing
07-13-2013, 09:14 PM
MashaAllah. Your name is soon to make sense!!
Welcome to Islam! Have you gone to the Masjid yet, said shahada alone?

May Allah swt protect you, and continue to guide you. Ameen.

revert88
07-13-2013, 11:55 PM
I go to the masjid 3 times a week. This week every maghrib. I have said "la ilah illa allah" many many times but I have never gotten the courage to say the rest of the shahadah

MustafaMc
07-14-2013, 03:00 AM
I have said "la ilah illa allah" many many times but I have never gotten the courage to say the rest of the shahadah
The Jew and the Christian would have no problem testifying that, "There is no go, but One God" as both profess to being monotheistic. However, the rest of the shahadah is of utmost importance for the Qur'an states, Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." 3:31 From my understanding even Shaytan can make the first part of the testimony concerning belief in Allah, but he would never accept and agree to follow Muhammad (saaws) as the Messenger of Allah. This is also in agreement with what the Qur'an says about some Jews, Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages and say, "We hear and disobey" 4:46 Obedience to Allah (swt) as evidenced byfollowing Muhammad (saaws) is also very important as reflected in the second part of the shahadah.

Icy Maiden
07-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi Guys,

If you have not converted yet and you still have doubts there is no reason why you should fast at all during Ramadan. Furthermore, you should fast only when you have the ability to do so.

MustafaMc
07-14-2013, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Icy Maiden
If you have not converted yet and you still have doubts there is no reason why you should fast at all during Ramadan.
I agree.
Furthermore, you should fast only when you have the ability to do so.
What do you mean by 'have the ability to do so'? There are plenty of people who work 8-12 hours a day and yet still they fast.

Insaanah
07-14-2013, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
What do you mean by 'have the ability to do so'? There are plenty of people who work 8-12 hours a day and yet still they fast.
:jz: for pointing that out akhi.

Any Muslim who is not on a journey or does not have an illness that would prevent them from fasting, and has sustainance with which to have suhoor (pre-dawn meal) and iftaar, has the ability to fast. Work and classes are not valid Islamic excuses for not fasting.

aflawedbeing
07-15-2013, 01:42 PM
I go to the masjid 3 times a week. This week every maghrib. I have said "la ilah illa allah" many many times but I have never gotten the courage to say the rest of the shahadah
What do you do at the Masjid? :) If I may ask?
Meet with the brothers? Talk about the deen? Is this benefitting you? Is this bringing you closer?

Brother, it's not about courage.
It's about pride, and I mean this in the MOST respectful way, and this pride is holding you back. I've been there. I spent a long time knowing in my heart of hearts Islam is the truth. Islam is the correct way of life, yet I consciously deprived myself from becoming Muslim...And at the end of the day the reasons were simple and futile.
I told people I was a agnostic and secular in every sense of the word. To admit I needed Allah swt, was like, the ultimate defeat. To admit to the Muslims I know in the lead up to my reversion that they were right, and I was wrong - was another defeat. Though, behind closed doors I was teaching myself to pray and forever reading, for months at that!

It can be a hard and daunting time. But believe me, in years to come you'll look back and won't even be able to comprehend your reluctance insha'Allah.

May Allah swt guide you, and make it easy for you. Ameen.
My inbox is always open (assuming I can use it as a limited member?)

revert88
07-15-2013, 05:57 PM
I go to the masjid to pray. It is a small islamic center and does not offer many services. The closest one is about 20 miles and I live in a small college town with no car. The brothers are mainly older and the younger ones are off for break (who are my age) so it's hard to discuss the deen. It's not so much about pride, I'm afraid :hmm:

sister herb
07-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Salam alaykum

As you propably know, it is not absolutely needed to say shahada in the mosque, if it is too far or you have some other problems with it. It is ok to Allah if you say it alone (and really mean it when you say it).

When I said it almost 20 years ago, I had quite similar problem: no mosque near of me, not much muslims in my area (or at least i didn´t know any). So I said shahada alone (and just lately managed to visit in mosque).

And Allah knows the best.

revert88
07-15-2013, 08:36 PM
It's a scary transition. If I don't, I will go to Jahannam. If I do according to christianity, I'll go to hell. It's all so much to wrap my head around

aflawedbeing
07-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I know this will sound insensitive, but whatever.
I follow your heart. Christianity is not what you have under your religious views on your profile here. Christianity is not what's bringing you to the Masjid every night. Or worrying about your fasting. ;)

aflawedbeing
07-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Oops. I meant 'You need to follow what's in your heart...'* :)

sister herb
07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
It's a scary transition. If I don't, I will go to Jahannam. If I do according to christianity, I'll go to hell. It's all so much to wrap my head around
You better give time to yourself and make progress by little steps. That´s how most of we other reverts have done before.

For example to me it took years before I was ready to say shahada.

So, don´t be hurry. Allah knows already that you are looking for your path to Him. :) He is waiting you and as you know, Allah is the most patient.

revert88
07-15-2013, 10:40 PM
You are totally right.

I have not been reading the Quran for kicks but for inspiration. I pray and go to masjid... I have not walked in to a church in years...This is just difficult

aflawedbeing
07-16-2013, 03:53 AM
It may be difficult. How often is something worth doing easy? :) I won't lie. There's no decision bigger than the one you are looking to take
Nor is there a decision more important that you do make.

Wallahe, I am not posting here trying to coerce you. But Ahkee, the difficulty is all in your head. Imagine the feeling of the biggest weight being lifted from you Ahkee, imagine the closeness to your creator you will feel. Moreover, what about the akhira?

Just SOME things to consider.

May Allah swt make it easy. Ameen.

faithandpeace
07-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Assalam alaikum and Ramadan Mubarak!

Try to relax and take one thing at a time. :) The Five Pillars (including Sawm/fasting) are not obligatory on non-Muslims but of course you are permitted to fast if you want to. Since you are considering embracing Islam, my recommendation is to first study the Six Articles of Faith as this is part of the First Pillar of Islam and the foundation of the deen (way of life in Islam).

I am a revert myself and I studied Islam off and on for a time before making my decision. While I had a familiarity with the Five Pillars of Islam I made my decision based on my imaan/faith. You will not be expected to become the perfect Muslim overnight. I am still working on learning my Salat (prayer) and doing it better. Once you have a solid enough understanding of the Six Articles of Faith that you can make an educated decision on embracing Islam, then you should take Shahada without delay. Then you will want to start gradually implementing the other four Pillars and other Islamic practices into your life but not to the point of becoming overwhelmed at first. You do not need to be an Islamic scholar to be able to decide on whether or not you should take Shahada. Worrying about the complexities of Sharia/Fiqh, Hadiths you don't understand, etc. should not be the basis of your decision. It is better to get the basic understanding of Islam down first, then work on the fundamental practices, and then later if you want to get into the advanced stuff you may. This is my humble opinion and any brother or sister here may correct me if they have better advice.

This is my first Ramadan as a new Muslimah. It has brought me great peace and happiness. I have fasted for the first six days but I became weaker and weaker and was ill this morning so I did not fast today and will insha'Allah make that day up after Ramadan. You are not to fast if you are ill. Allah (swt) is fair in what he obligates us to do for Him. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!