/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you remember where in the quran you read something?

Alhidaya
08-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Salam aleikom!

So how do you do it? Do you have any technique for it?. Let's say you think of something you've read about in the quran but you don't remember where in the quran you read it. How do you find it when you need it? (if you want it quickly and can't look through the whole book).

Wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alhidaya
08-06-2013, 12:52 AM
I just saw that i posted this in the educational forum. i've now posted the same thread in the quran section.

Wassalam.

عابر سبيل
08-06-2013, 10:30 AM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

This is my favorite game to play with my brother, or just anyone around. We listen to a lot of material and Qur'aanic verses come up frequently. So I will ask, "where's this verse from?" and see who can answer.

The way I remember is by listening to the Qur'aan a lot. Eventually you go through stages where you really like how certain suwar are recited by your favorite reciter, and so when you hear a verse, you remember that it's from so and so surah that you have listened to many times.

Another thing is if you contemplated the meanings. You will find many suwar have themes, so just from the theme a verse has you can match it with the surah. To further aid you, you can see how the verse sounds, since in the surah commonly you know what verses would end with.

Memorization of course also helps, especially if it too is done with contemplation.

All of this is said with knowledge of Arabic in mind. I do not know how easy it is for non-Arabic speakers to do the same thing since I don't have that experience to comment. It can still be tough if the verse is of a kind that appears in many different suwar with slight variations.

faith_light
08-06-2013, 11:16 AM
When i try find some words in quran i uses search engines like Google
i add 2 or 3 words in it get me the results :)

if you read the quran more often
even if you don't memorize it when you will hear some verses you will know its place

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmad H
08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
I keep a full text copy of the Quran in a document so I can search for it easily. I also make sure to try and remember what Surahs I read and when I read them. That way I can recall which Surahs I might have read something in during a certain day or hour of the day, and then I go back to it and I look it up. But that's for a physical copy of the Qur'an. A document with the Qur'an would be much faster to search through. Remember key words and search for those. It becomes very easy to find it out then.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!