/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very important Question!!!

Plz Answer Me
08-07-2013, 08:48 PM
We have two eyes but only see one of everything why we don't see double images.:nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Go outside and look forward. Cover your right eye, notice what you can/cannot see(don't turn your head)...then uncover it , do the same for the left eye.

Plz Answer Me
08-07-2013, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Go outside and look forward. Cover your right eye, notice what you can/cannot see(don't turn your head)...then uncover it , do the same for the left eye.
I did. but still I didn't get the answer of my question. :(

ardianto
08-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Both of our eyes move synchronously while looking in one direction and this makes us just look at a single image which actually a composite of the images seen by the right eye and left eye.

Why do our eyes see in sync?. Because if each of our eyes looking in different directions, it will make us hard to focus in noticing something.

And why do we have two eyes, not only one. Because have two eyes make us look beautiful. Imagine if we only had one eye on our foreheads.

Sis, can you see the sign of greatness of Allah in what I have written above?. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Allah created us with two eyes, two ears and just one mouth which is Allah's way of telling us that we should listen twice, look twice before talking just once.

Plz Answer Me
08-08-2013, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Both of our eyes move synchronously while looking in one direction and this makes us just look at a single image which actually a composite of the images seen by the right eye and left eye.

Why do our eyes see in sync?. Because if each of our eyes looking in different directions, it will make us hard to focus in noticing something.

And why do we have two eyes, not only one. Because have two eyes make us look beautiful. Imagine if we only had one eye on our foreheads.

Sis, can you see the sign of greatness of Allah in what I have written above?. :)
Are you an Optometrist??? ^o)

Plz Answer Me
08-08-2013, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
Allah created us with two eyes, two ears and just one mouth which is Allah's way of telling us that we should listen twice, look twice before talking just once.
No doubt!

JazaKallah! :)

Plz Answer Me
08-08-2013, 05:51 PM
My other question is,

How do we know we all see the same color? As in, When I see a "
Red" object, how do we know that when someone else sees that object, they are seeing the same "Red" that I see, and not say a color that I might call "Blue" or "Green", and vice-versa? Basically, how do we know that the perception of a color is the same between two different individuals? :hmm::confused:

Adil
08-08-2013, 07:29 PM
:sl:
The complete answer for the above question will be very difficult to understand.

However I can give a simple answer. Basically the are "genes" that allow the perception of Red,Blue and Green which are in the DNA. If one of those is missing at birth the person will be color blind and this is just a proof of Allah great power over his creation.

To any medical brothers/sisters here please correct me if I said something wrong.

I like your curiosity......have you ever wonder if a blind person can have dreams?
And Allah knows best.

Plz Answer Me
08-08-2013, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adil
The complete answer for the above question will be very difficult to understand.

However I can give a simple answer. Basically the are "genes" that allow the perception of Red,Blue and Green which are in the DNA. If one of those is missing at birth the person will be color blind and this is just a proof of Allah great power over his creation.

To any medical brothers/sisters here please correct me if I said something wrong.

I like your curiosity......have you ever wonder if a blind person can have dreams?
And Allah knows best.
I think he can see dreams but what he see? a difficult question, If a person is blind by birth what he will see in his dreams? :omg: Omg it's so scary.:uuh: Thank God I'm not blind. :blind:
By the way thanks for graciously answering my question:).I think all animals are color blind,
I'm sure about cat.

ardianto
08-09-2013, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me
Are you an Optometrist??? ^o)
No. Just a low level businessman who love reading.

format_quote Originally Posted by Adil
If someone could see before and then become blind, he still could see image in his dream. But if someone blind since his birth, in his dream is just hear the voices.

Muhaba
08-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Why we see just one object is related to the structure of the eyes and the brain. actually the image that the eyes picks up goes to the brain. I read about it in my psychology book but forgot it. You can read up on hw eyes work, why we see color, etc. Just google your questions. You're more likely to find accurate answers from experts that way. Two eyes are not just for beauty but also they enable us to see things in 3D vision. With just one eye, you wouldn't be able to see 3D. You'd see everything flat and linear. You couldn't even walk then. you'd keep falling because you wouldn't be able to tell the higher spots from the lower spots in the ground.

Plz Answer Me
08-09-2013, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
No. Just a high level businessman who love reading.
Great! Jazakallah! :)

Plz Answer Me
08-09-2013, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
Two eyes are not just for beauty but also they enable us to see things in 3D vision. With just one eye, you wouldn't be able to see 3D. You'd see everything flat and linear. You couldn't even walk then. you'd keep falling because you wouldn't be able to tell the higher spots from the lower spots in the ground.

Wait!!!
I cover my one eye!
Nooo!!! I'm not seeing everything flat and linear.
I'm seeing everything in 3D or perhaps in 4D or 5D.
Hoohoo! Am I a super human???:awesome::bravo::awesome:

Thank you Allah! :thankyou:

Independent
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Basically, how do we know that the perception of a color is the same between two different individuals?
There is a rare condition called synesthesia which has a very strange affect. A person with synesthesia will experience colours mixed up with other senses - such as a sound, or music, or touch. So a particular colour may also be a specific musical note to them.

On a slightly different topic - I remember an interview on the radio with a lady was born blind, but who was able to see for the first time in her 30s after a ground-breaking surgical operation. By this time she was married with children but of course, she had never seen them. It was a moving story as she described how she felt seeing her own family for the first time ever.

She was asked if she found her husband attractive. She said that his face was more or less what she expected from touch, except for one feature....the nose. She found noses in general the most bizarre, comical things. Touch had not prepared her for this surprise. It took her months to get over the shock!

Plz Answer Me
08-09-2013, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
There is a rare condition called synesthesia which has a very strange affect. A person with synesthesia will experience colours mixed up with other senses - such as a sound, or music, or touch. So a particular colour may also be a specific musical note to them.

On a slightly different topic - I remember an interview on the radio with a lady was born blind, but who was able to see for the first time in her 30s after a ground-breaking surgical operation. By this time she was married with children but of course, she had never seen them. It was a moving story as she described how she felt seeing her own family for the first time ever.

She was asked if she found her husband attractive. She said that his face was more or less what she expected from touch, except for one feature....the nose. She found noses in general the most bizarre, comical things. Touch had not prepared her for this surprise. It took her months to get over the shock!

Hmm! synesthesia. It is a funny and strange disease, I think I suffered from this disease when I was a child.By the way Thanks for info. :):thankyou:

greenhill
08-12-2013, 05:21 AM
Interesting question.

I reckon having a pair of eyes helps with the perception of 'depth'. Almost like 'triangulations' of objects. More importantly, it is crucial for estimating the speed of objects traveling towards us. If a stone is thrown at us, your eyes will track the movement of the stone coming our direction. As the stone comes closer, your eyes slowly turn inwards (like going cross eyed) and this movement gives us an indication of speed etc. You would not notice these things until you have problems with your eyes (I did) and I find great difficulties in judging speed and distance of small objects thrown in my direction, especially if it is against an empty background like a ball high in a clear blue sky.

Abz2000
08-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Stereoscopy (also called stereoscopics or 3D imaging) is a technique for creating or enhancing the illusion of depth in an image by means of stereopsis for binocular vision. The word stereoscopy derives from the Greek "στερεός" (stereos), "firm, solid"[2] + "σκοπέω" (skopeō), "to look", "to see".[3]

Most stereoscopic methods present two offset images separately to the left and right eye of the viewer. These two-dimensional images are then combined in the brain to give the perception of 3D depth. This technique is distinguished from 3D displays that display an image in three full dimensions, allowing the observer to increase information about the 3-dimensional objects being displayed by head and eye movements.

I don't know if it works well with long range objects, but bring a round object, or your hand (slanted with fingers piinting upwards) very close to ur face, keep flipping from eye to eye, you will see two totally different images, these combine and give you a need stereo fusion when u open both eyes.

Also close one eye and try to see wot's on the other side of your nose, and vice versa, you have a widescreen view!

Maybe also the brain can make different plus more calculations using separate eyes?
Or maybe this dual core calculation thing at work is getting to me.

Plz Answer Me
08-13-2013, 04:47 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Stereoscopy (also called stereoscopics or 3D imaging) is a technique for creating or enhancing the illusion of depth in an image by means of stereopsis for binocular vision. The word stereoscopy derives from the Greek "στερεός" (stereos), "firm, solid"[2] + "σκοπέω" (skopeō), "to look", "to see".[3]

Most stereoscopic methods present two offset images separately to the left and right eye of the viewer. These two-dimensional images are then combined in the brain to give the perception of 3D depth. This technique is distinguished from 3D displays that display an image in three full dimensions, allowing the observer to increase information about the 3-dimensional objects being displayed by head and eye movements.
Oh I didn't knew thank you so much for enlighten me

Also close one eye and try to see wot's on the other side of your nose, and vice versa, you have a widescreen view!

Maybe also the brain can make different plus more calculations using separate eyes?
Are you asking me??? You know better sir!

Plz Answer Me
08-13-2013, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Interesting question.

I reckon having a pair of eyes helps with the perception of 'depth'. Almost like 'triangulations' of objects. More importantly, it is crucial for estimating the speed of objects traveling towards us. If a stone is thrown at us, your eyes will track the movement of the stone coming our direction. As the stone comes closer, your eyes slowly turn inwards (like going cross eyed) and this movement gives us an indication of speed etc. You would not notice these things until you have problems with your eyes (I did) and I find great difficulties in judging speed and distance of small objects thrown in my direction, especially if it is against an empty background like a ball high in a clear blue sky.
Jazakallah! :)
Thanks for your informative post sir.

(sub kuch sir k uper sy guzer gaya hai sir)

Plz Answer Me
08-13-2013, 07:30 AM
I find great difficulties in judging speed and distance of small objects thrown in my direction, especially if it is against an empty background like a ball high in a clear blue sky.
:cry:I'm sorry about the condition your eyes in:cry:
Eat atbroccoli, raw cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, green vegetables( Except green chilly:uuh:), liver & watercress. Eliminate sugar and white flour.

Don't smoke. I hope you don't smoke. :)

Eat three times a day.
Also eat Potato Chips,Slanty,Nimko,Salted Peanuts and chocolate-cake . :)

greenhill
08-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't smoke. I hope you don't smoke.
Unfortunately I do!

But this eye problem started way before I started smoking. Just the year before that the optician said I had perfect vision. One day, playing rugby at school, (I was the full back) the other side kicked the ball high in the air and it was my duty to catch it. I saw it rise in the sky and as I positioned myself to catch it I suddenly could not judge the depth. The ball slammed me in the face and I had to go back to the optometrist. He explained the weakness in my eye muscles. Told me to exercise by focusing on a tip of a pen and whilst moving it away from you and then back closer. So close range it is better but long range is still problematic.

On the veggies, I had so much carrots at one stage, I actually became more orange! My palms etc... ha ha.

Thanks for the tips, though. Stop smoking is on the agenda, will get round to it.:skeleton:

Peace

Plz Answer Me
08-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Your eyesight will be improved by glasses. So use glasses while reading my post. :)
By hanging your head upside down for a few minutes each day you will increase the flow blood to the head and face region. In addition to benefiting your eyes, this exercise can also be useful for promoting healthy hair and improving your skin complexion. :)

Many people say eating carrot cannot improve your eyesight ,it was an urban myth. :)
It is sad to hear you smoke. :(
How do you feel when you smoke cigarette? Is not it possible for you to give up? Why did you start smoking? Don't you know it is forbidden in Islam?

Peace x 100 :)

greenhill
08-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Stupidity is why I started smoking... I never wanted to listen and always want to find out for myself. Then I got hooked. I have found a way to stop but have not as yet summoned enough will power to get it going.

About it being forbidden, I hear it is strongly discouraged.

About how I feel when I smoke. In honesty, the feeling was worth it when I first started when I used to get the rush, now ony the first few puffs of the day. You don't get the same rush anymore.. so kind of does not do anything anymore. But the feeling I get when I don't smoke is something else :hmm:. Not sure many would want to be near me.... ha ha.

Somehow, the urge disappears when it's ramadhan or when I am on a long flight somewhere. But as soon as I am allowed to smoke again (at iftar or smoker's lounge) I am there! Disgusting. :hiding:

Plz Answer Me
08-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Stupidity is why I started smoking... I never wanted to listen and always want to find out for myself. Then I got hooked. I have found a way to stop but have not as yet summoned enough will power to get it going.

About it being forbidden, I hear it is strongly discouraged.

About how I feel when I smoke. In honesty, the feeling was worth it when I first started when I used to get the rush, now ony the first few puffs of the day. You don't get the same rush anymore.. so kind of does not do anything anymore. But the feeling I get when I don't smoke is something else :hmm:. Not sure many would want to be near me.... ha ha.

Somehow, the urge disappears when it's ramadhan or when I am on a long flight somewhere. But as soon as I am allowed to smoke again (at iftar or smoker's lounge) I am there! Disgusting. :hiding:
It means you can't give up smoking No!no!no!.:cry:
I'm going to read my salaat I will pray for you. :cry:

Futuwwa
08-14-2013, 05:37 PM
My other question is,

How do we know we all see the same color? As in, When I see a "
Red" object, how do we know that when someone else sees that object, they are seeing the same "Red" that I see, and not say a color that I might call "Blue" or "Green", and vice-versa? Basically, how do we know that the perception of a color is the same between two different individuals? :hmm::confused:
Simple. We can't. Conscious experience is, at the end of the day, metaphysical.

Plz Answer Me
08-14-2013, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Simple. We can't. Conscious experience is, at the end of the day, metaphysical.
@Brother |̶̿ ̶̿ ̶̿ ̶̿ ╚══╝ ̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶̿ ̶̿ ̶̿ ̶̿| W W |̶̿ ̶̿ ̶̿ ̶̿|
Explain a bit more, (")_(")

Futuwwa
08-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Well, you're right in what you say. We can't know. The only way I can tell someone else what I mean by red is to show something red and say "the colour of this thing". But if the other person sees the colour as something else, that's what the other person will associate with "red" and assume I do too, and neither of us will ever know the other person senses the colour differently.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!