/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spouses in the Afterlife in Islam vs Other Religions ?

truthseeker63
08-15-2013, 07:34 PM
As Salaam Alaikum the topic I always wanted to bring up on this forum for a while is Spouses in the Afterlife in Islam vs Other Religions because Religions other than Islam don't seem to believe a Person can be Married in the Afterlife the Mormons seem to but they believe it is for Procreation Judaism doesn't have much to say or anything about Life in Death Hinduism believes in Reincarnation and Atheism believes nothing happens after death. While the Bible the Christian Bible known as the New Testament says there is no Marriage in Heaven also when I was a Christian I was taught that Mormons are not even Christians. By the way since my Family who is Christian may not like that I want to be a Muslim maybe I should tell that since Im single Islam is the only Religion where I could get a Spouse in the Afterlife if I don't get one in this life now this may sound dumb allow me to point out this is not my reason why I converted but I don't want to fight with them over Religion and Im a young guy/man/male and I think they would leave me alone as far as my Religion anyway I have heard others say the samething but the number 1 reason why I became a Muslim was because of truth that is all please reply to my thread if you want to thank you to the Muslims here and the Non Muslims posting here.

In the World to Come, says the Talmud, there will be no eating or drinking, nor any other physical needs that we know today. The righteous will sit and enjoy the splendor of the Manifestation of the holiness of Hashem, which we call the Shechinah (which is not Hashem Itself, despite the common misconceptions).

http://www.beingjewish.com/soul/future.html

16. Does Mormonism teach that God was once a man on another world and progressed to become God of this world?
Yes, Joseph Smith declared: "God Himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp.345-346). Another one of their leaders coined the phrase: "As man is, God once was; as God is, man may become" (The Gospel Through the Ages, Hunter, p.105-106). Brigham Young preached: "It appears ridiculous to the world, under their darkened and erroneous traditions, that God has once been a finite being" (Deseret News, Nov. 16, 1859, p. 290). Also see: Does the LDS Church Still Teach That Heavenly Father Was Once a Man?
17. Does Mormonism teach that good Mormons can become Gods of their own worlds?
Yes, one of their leaders wrote: "…since mortal beings are the spirit children of Heavenly Parents, as pointed out in the last chapter, the ultimate possibility is for some of them to become exalted to Godhood." (The Gospel Through the Ages, Hunter, p.104) Brigham Young declared: "Intelligent beings are organized to become Gods, even the Sons of God, to dwell in the presence of the Gods" (Discourses of Brigham Young, p.245).
18. Does the LDS Church still believe in polygamy?
Yes, the doctrine of polygamy is still in their scriptures, Doctrine and Covenants, section 132. Mormons are instructed not to practice polygamy during this life but the practice will be permitted in heaven. Today if a Mormon man outlives his first wife (after having a temple marriage) he can marry again in the temple. This would guarantee him two wives in heaven.

http://www.utlm.org/faqs/faqgeneral.htm

What Are the Mormon Heavens?

According to what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints teaches Mormon believers, the Celestial Kingdom is the highest heaven. This is where God lives and, if you are good enough at following all the religious laws laid down by God, you will be able to live in this heaven as well.

Mormon Marriage and Mormon Heaven

The marriage vow "until death do us part" doesn't apply to Mormon marriages because, according to Mormon teachings, people who marry on earth will continue to be married when they go to heaven — at least, they will if they are Mormons who get married in a Mormon Temple.
This doesn't apply to everyone else, so non-Mormons who are married on earth apparently won't still be married in heaven. However, it does seem to apply to Mormons who have polygamous marriages. According to Mormon teachings, then, there are women in heaven who are spending all of eternity sharing the same husband with dozens of other women.
They aren't just sitting around, basking in God's glory, either. According to Mormon teachings, married couples (or groups, in the case of polygamous marriages) continue having sex in heaven. Lots and lots of sex, too, because this is how they produce "spirit children" which will be used to populate the planets which they are gods over. This is something all Mormons are supposed to believe, but it's not something you're likely to hear Mormons talk to outsiders about — especially prominent Mormons like Mitt Romney.
Christianity, Heaven, and Marriage

This differs from traditional Christianity which doesn't say anything about marital relationships in heaven, though the implication is that marriage no longer exists after physical death. Marriage is something that exists solely for a person's physical life and isn't a relationship which a spirit or soul can enter into. This is probably because, historically, marriage has been tightly bound with a variety of social goals which only exist in physical life: economic security, familial alliances, procreation, etc. None of this is supposed to exist in heaven according to traditional, orthodox Christianity. In Mormonism, however, sex and procreation do continue to occur in heaven so it only makes sense that marriage would continue to exist.

http://atheism.about.com/od/mormomis...le-Heavens.htm

2- The Christians' beliefs regarding Heaven:
Christians believe that we will be like "spirits" or "Angels" in Heaven without physical bodies. They believe that once a "Christian" dies, then he/she will go and live with GOD Almighty as a spirit in Heaven:
Matthew 22:29-30
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Obviously this contradicts the very teachings of their very own Bible about Adam and Eve having physical bodies in Heaven and that they had sex (they were a husband and wife).

http://www.answering-christianity.co...ing_heaven.htm

Bible, King James VersionMark.12
  1. [25] For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
Luke.20
  1. [34] And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
  2. [35] But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/...size=First+100

Opie and Anthony - The only Muslim listener, Jabrol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O97gwWj5E

Yes, testosterone-sodden young men too unattractive to get a woman in this world might be desperate enough to go for 72 private virgins in the next.
-- Richard Dawkins, "Religion's Misguided Missiles" (September 15, 2001)

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/dawkins.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
08-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Thank you for replying.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!