/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which part of forehead touches the ground during sujood?

Fainoz
08-17-2013, 04:56 AM
The top near the hairline, or the middle? should your nose touch the ground? Also do women do it differently then men? I was taught that we all do sujood the same but some women do a more "modest" sujood, in which they are less spread out. Any one have info on this. Thanks jazakAllah khairun=)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
08-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 812; Muslim, 490
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been commanded to prostrate on seven bones: on the forehead,” and he pointed to his nose, “and on the two hands, the two knees and the edges of the two feet (i.e., the toes).”

format_quote Originally Posted by nevermind
Also do women do it differently then men? I was taught that we all do sujood the same but some women do a more "modest" sujood, in which they are less spread out. Any one have info on this.
Not sure what do you mean by "modest sujood",all I know is there is no major difference between prayers of man and woman,the little that lies is based on school of thought one's follow

Here below are listed the differences, according to the various schools of jurisprudence;

The Hanafī School
A man will keep his stomach away from his thighs and his elbows away from his flanks when prostrating. A woman on the other hand will join her stomach to her thighs while observing this position.

The Mālikī School
A man will keep his stomach away from his thighs and his elbows away from his flanks and knees when prostrating. A woman on the other hand will join her stomach to her thighs while prostrating.

The Shāfi’ī School
A man will keep his elbows away from his flanks and his stomach away from his thighs while performing rukū’ and prostration. A woman on the other hand will join her stomach to her thighs and will join her knees and feet together during rukū’ and prostration.

The Hanbalī School
Apparently there is no difference between the prayer of a male and female in this school.

(See: al Fiqh al Islāmī wa Adillatuhū)
Source
You can read more on the following links:

http://islam.stackexchange.com/quest...ood-prostation
http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/26215

Assalamu Alaikum

Mohammed_Salah
08-18-2013, 12:55 AM
You must do by careful stand with the heir last on the ground

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!