/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "How" do you pray Dua prayer???

crimsontide06
08-18-2013, 02:25 AM
I know how to pray salat but what about dua prayer?? Maybe I am making it harder than it should be but do I say the same things in dua prayers (Al-fatihah,subhana rabi al azeem,subhana raba ah Aalla...etc)??

For now I have been simply doing the movements of salat(standing,bow..stand back up, go down on the ground,knees, back on ground...etc) and praying/asking my personal prayers while I have my head on the ground..that is the only time I speak or think about anything..besides Allah Akbar and assalamualaikum twice, at the end..

What verses from the Quran can be read during dua prayer and when are they said??

I do not understand all of the arabic lingo so please explain things don't just assume I know the arabic words..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zetrotrack000
08-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Asalam o Alaikum

It is not mandatory to ready any verse or arabic text in Duaa. The literal meaning of Duaa is "to call". It is actually your request from Almighty Allah regarding your needs, hurdles, difficulties, desires etc.
So you can use any language in your Duaas and ask the Almighty from the depth of your heart about your needs and problems.
Moreover, it is also not necessary to perform abolution for your Duaas or to be in some special position. You can offer your Duaas anytime, any place. Allah listens and answer your Duaas all the time, all the places.

Regards

Signor
08-18-2013, 10:55 AM
I am sorry I am not able to understand what do you mean by "Dua prayers".There are special prayers/Nawafil(Non Obligatory prayers) but never heard of a Dua Prayer.

crimsontide06
08-18-2013, 02:02 PM
In salat you have specific movements,words,verses that you are supposed to say...is this the same for dua?

Let me explain better, this is how I do dua.
Standing: say "Allah Ahkbar"...I stand for a few seconds, no words or anything then I bow and again say Allah Ahkbar"...dont say anything while I bow but when I go back up I say the same words said in salat.."samiullah lam hamida.."

then Allah Ahkbar again and I go into the ground position, this is where I ask God things or give my person prayers.... then Allah Ahkbar again into the knees position, then Allah Ahkbar and back to the ground...I do more personal prayers...then Allah Ahkbar and back up into the starting position

Then I do this as many times as I feel like doing it...at the end, as with salat I end with "salamulakumwatulilah"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
08-18-2013, 02:34 PM
:salam:

Dua does not require any special actions or positions. Dua is simply calling upon Allah and asking Him from your heart and tongue. It can be done standing, sitting or even lying on your bed. You dont have to say Allahu Akbar or anything else before or after it.

If you simply say while sitting in front of your computer and reading this post, O Allah! grant me the best of this world as well as the Hereafter, then this itself is a Dua.

That being said, there are a few etiquettes of Dua as well. Some of them are:
Raising both the palms in front of the face/chest, facing the palms skyward
Praising Allah and sending salutations to the Prophet :saws: at the beginning of Dua
Saying Aameen at the end
etc

Other than that, there are few things which can make Dua more acceptable. For example:
Doing Dua in the state of prostration
During the last third part of night
After Azan, after obligatory and voluntary prayers, etc
and also using the words which are mentioned in Quran and Hadeeth

Signor
08-18-2013, 02:49 PM
:sl:

We are encouraged to pray nafl and make du3a, and to seek help through sabr and salaat, as mentioned in the Qur'an and shown in the authentic sunnah.But as the Brother IbnAdam wrote there is no specific way of offering a Salaat of Dua.

Would you like to tell us how you came to know this method?:)

crimsontide06
08-18-2013, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Would you like to tell us how you came to know this method?
I did it on my own..and thanks everyone for the help!

AabiruSabeel
08-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Perhaps these threads can help a little further:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...aking-dua.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...-what-dua.html

There is no Salat known as Salat of Dua. A Salat itself contains many Dua at various positions. Surah Al-Fatihah itself is a Dua. Tashahhud (Attahiyyaat ... ) also contains Dua.

But there is a Nafl prayer known as Salat Al-Hajah (prayer of need). It consists of two units of prayers (2 Rakat) which are the same as any other prayer, then after ending the prayer you raise your hands and say the supplications. The details are given here: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ml#post1186555

Signor
08-18-2013, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibṉĀdam
But there is a Nafl prayer known as Salat Al-Hajah (prayer of need). It consists of two units of prayers (2 Rakat) which are the same as any other prayer, then after ending the prayer you raise your hands and say the supplications.
Its the first thought came in my mind but I rejected it on purpose,also its discouraged because of its base on Daee'f Hadith.

Signor
08-18-2013, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I did it on my own..and thanks everyone for the help!
Brother,It would be a lot more good if you ask how to perform an Islamic ritual/custom/prayer to nearby Imam of a Mosque or here on forums:). Please don't feel hesitated.

crimsontide06
08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
ok thanks everyone!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!