/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Garden of Eden

loveofgod
08-22-2013, 09:27 AM
The garden of Eden is mentioned in both the Bible and Koran (if I'm not wrong). Does anyone have any idea which country exactly this garden was located?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Muslims believe that the garden of Eden is not on earth but in heaven. :)

loveofgod
08-23-2013, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Muslims believe that the garden of Eden is not on earth but in heaven. :)
But it's clear that God sent them down to Earth. If so, where did they land?

MightyFeathers
08-31-2013, 09:25 PM
I am not sure if speculating on the whereabouts of where the first humans dwelt on earth is for the best of anyone's interests. But, if we must... My understanding is that a lot of Christians believe Adam and Eve first lived somewhere in what we now call modern day Iraq, the scientific community of today though seems to purport that the first humans made their homes somewhere in the general vicinity of modern day Ethiopia. I am not sure what the Muslim view on the matter is (assuming Islam even takes an official view), but as for me I would say that the original humans lived somewhere in the Mideast or North Africa.
Sorry to all y'all folks that desperately cling to the idea of a 'white Adam.' ;D

Of course that is just my own tiny personal opinion you are free to take it or ignore it. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmad H
09-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Just to clarify, not all Muslims believe Garden of Eden is in Heaven. Such as myself. This may have been a physical Garden or it could be a Garden which is created out of obedience to Allah. I do not know. But the Qur'an says no one is removed from Paradise (15:48), so I am inclined to believe this verse is saying no one is removed from Paradise, ever. I do not see how one rule applied to Paradise that people could be removed, then later people are not going to be removed at all. This is my humble opinion, Allah knows best.

As for the Bible's saying that Adam (as) walked with God, this could be a metaphorical expression. Muslims do not believe that God at any point would physically walk with anyone. So there are things about the story of Adam (as) in the Bible which we Muslims cannot agree with. According to the Holy Qur'an, no one can actually see God until they die (6:103). On this, every Muslim can agree it was either true metaphorically, or not true at all. Allah only speaks to men through a veil, through Angels or through revelation (42:51).

loveofgod
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MightyFeathers
Sorry to all y'all folks that desperately cling to the idea of a 'white Adam.'
I don't know if Adam was white when he was created. I am more inclined to believe he was the colour of clay from which he was made, most probably dark. But who can say for sure what colour he was?

loveofgod
09-01-2013, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Just to clarify, not all Muslims believe Garden of Eden is in Heaven. Such as myself. This may have been a physical Garden or it could be a Garden which is created out of obedience to Allah. I do not know. But the Qur'an says no one is removed from Paradise (15:48), so I am inclined to believe this verse is saying no one is removed from Paradise, ever. I do not see how one rule applied to Paradise that people could be removed, then later people are not going to be removed at all. This is my humble opinion, Allah knows best.
That is very interesting. I'm intrigued. If no one is removed from Paradise then how were Adam and Eve removed? It sounds very mysterious. Maybe the Garden was an illusion and not the real thing.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
As for the Bible's saying that Adam (as) walked with God, this could be a metaphorical expression. Muslims do not believe that God at any point would physically walk with anyone. So there are things about the story of Adam (as) in the Bible which we Muslims cannot agree with. According to the Holy Qur'an, no one can actually see God until they die (6:103). On this, every Muslim can agree it was either true metaphorically, or not true at all. Allah only speaks to men through a veil, through Angels or through revelation (42:51).
Yes, I agree. Many of the things stated in the Bible cannot be taken literally. They are just metaphorical expressions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!