/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Very First Surah You Memorized?

Iceee
08-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Salaam.

Simple question.

1. What was the first surah you remembering memorizing from the Holy Quran?

2. How old do you think you were when you memorized it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Al fatihah, Perhaps when I was 8 or 9? Closely followed by Al Ikhlaas. :D

Serendipity
08-24-2013, 05:41 PM
surah fatiha when I was probs around 6

sister herb
08-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Al-Faatiha. After the last one (I love so much) An-Naas.

:statisfie

I was 32 (I am not born muslim but revert and arabic is not my own language - better late than never?).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzzy_786
08-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Surah Al-Fatiha when I was approx 6-7 , as far as I remember ^o)

Iceee
08-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Forgot to answer myself:skeleton:; The first surah I memorized was Surah Fatiha due to the fact that the Imam always prayed this Surah aloud at the masjid.

I memorized it when I was 7 years old.

ism
08-25-2013, 03:01 AM
Dont think I have a memory that long to remember what I memorised :p

Iceee
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ism
Dont think I have a memory that long to remember what I memorised
You can always guess. :statisfie

Before leaving madressa, everyone was required to make dua'a. Our molesabs always told us to start off with Surah Fatiha.

http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=0&Rec=9481
باب ‏ ‏رفع الأيدي في الدعاء ‏ ‏وقال ‏ ‏أبو موسى الأشعري ‏ ‏دعا النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏ثم رفع يديه ورأيت بياض إبطيه
Abu Musa Ashari (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) made a dua, and I saw him raise his hands, until I could see the whitness of his armpits. (Bukhari)

Nur Student
08-25-2013, 08:58 PM
:hmm: I really can't remember.

Can you make the question a little bit easier with multiple choice? Like, which of the following surahs do you think you memorized first?
  1. Baqara
  2. Ya Sin
  3. Nisa
  4. Ikhlas
:D:D:D

Iceee
08-27-2013, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nur Student
Can you make the question a little bit easier with multiple choice? Like, which of the following surahs do you think you memorized first?
Baqara
Ya Sin
Nisa
Ikhlas
If you memorized Surah Baqarah, Surah Ya-Sin, or Surah An-Nisa before Surah Ikhlas, I'd be impressed. Alhumdulillah. :shade:

sajjad7006
08-27-2013, 06:15 AM
I forgot that but Alhadmdulillah:statisfie I remembered all the Surahs which, I memorized in my childhood.

Nur Student
08-27-2013, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
If you memorized Surah Baqarah, Surah Ya-Sin, or Surah An-Nisa before Surah Ikhlas, I'd be impressed. Alhumdulillah.
I didn't mean that. I only wanted to make the answer easy for myself, lol. :D:D:D "Alhamdulillah"

عابر سبيل
08-28-2013, 05:35 AM
At a very young age Al Faatihah, then from the very end to Al A`laa. But the truth is I do not remember that well the order, I just know that my father brought me a robot toy that had a picture of a city that lit up once I finished Al A`laa, and it was a surprise too. It's the first gift I remember receiving, though I'm sure I had many toys and such, it's just that's the first surprise one I actually remember.

Samiun
08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
:sl: Al-Fatihah of course! I was probably 5 or 6 and I don't know who thought me I think it was repeated by my parents and my mum used to do dhikr that sounded awesome like 'hasbi rabbi' but I didn't memorize it until I was in high school.

faithandpeace
09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Assalamu alaikum.

I memorized Al-Fatiha first and just recently (either right before or during Ramadaan) as I'm a new revert. :)

This was a fun and interesting question you asked!

Aprender
09-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Al Fatihah! And I was 21 when I memorized it.

anisafatima
09-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Salam, there should be no chance of making a guess which first Surrah is made learn to a kid, obviously it is Surrah Fatiha.

Iceee
09-09-2013, 02:35 PM
I wonder why it's Surah Fatiha for a lot of people... ^o)

Plz Answer Me
09-09-2013, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Al-Faatiha. After the last one (I love so much) An-Naas.

:statisfie

I was 32 (I am not born muslim but revert and arabic is not my own language - better late than never?).
Mashallah! May Allah protect you and reward you the highest of Jannah . :smile:

Plz Answer Me
09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Surah fatiha exactly :smile: And as for as I can recall I was 6 or 7 .

tearose
09-10-2013, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
I wonder why it's Surah Fatiha for a lot of people...
As-salaamu 3laikum, probably because it is an obligatory part of salat and it is the first surah of the Qur'an.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Of course it has to be Sureh Fatiha. I dont remember how old I was when I memorized it. ^o)

Periwinkle18
09-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Surah ikhlas n I guess I was 5 or 6 n then I did surah fatihah.

Kathrine321
10-22-2013, 08:44 AM
:hmm: I really can't remember.

1. Baqara
  2. Ya Sin
  3. Nisa
  4. Ikhlas

:D:D:D

Are you Muslim?
please don't create a many wrong thoughts about new Muslims and non Muslims.Its a very sad-full moment for all UN knowing Muslims people.
its a really bad impact on the Muslims personalities. please increase your knowledge about Islam than you try to all gossips and discussions about Islam.

faithandpeace
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Assalamu alaikum. I think the thread would make more sense if the question asked was, "What was the first surah you memorized other than Al-Fatiha?"

anisafatima
01-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Surah fatiha was the first surah I memorized from the Holy Quran; I remembered all the surah’s which I memorized in my childhood.

m.riz
01-28-2014, 02:02 PM
surah fathiha then surah naas

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Surah Fatiha about 5 or 6.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!