/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua for Halal work?

Fainoz
08-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I've been looking for work, but everywhere that happens to be hiring is haram for me to work in one way or another. Most of the places that would be halal to work are all "not hiring at the moment" And I am not qualified to do much. I also live in a small town, not much people want a girl with hijab working front counter Although they do not say it. I'm not really interested in if it is discrimination or not, because I do not want to work for people who don't want me there anyways.

Is there any specific dua I can make for finding a job?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ism
08-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Salam, As far as I know I dont think there are any qur'anic duas if thats what you are after. The best dua's are the ones that are from the bottom of the heart.

I was out of a job for a while, and used to always make dua for a halal job, for months on end I couldn't find anything. Alhamdulillah now I have started my own business, and haven't been happier. Its not where I need it to be but its a new busines and insha'Allah will grow.

Just keep making dua' and pray tahajjud and insha'Allah, Allah will provide you with what is best.

Snowflake
08-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Assalamu alaykum dear sister,

I ask Allah Al Razzaq to grant you halal sustenance. Ameen. Recite this verse when praying for a job.

"Surely Allah is the One Who bestows sustenance, the Lord of Power, the Strong One." (Qur'an, 51:58).

Musa (a.s) made this dua when he was forced to leave his city. Allah not just granted him a wife but a house and job all at the same time. Have rock solid faith in Allah's mercy when making any jaiz dua.

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ

“My lord, I am in absolute need of the good You send me (Rabbi inni lima anzalta ilayya min khairin faqir)” Qur’an, 28:24

1. When Allah gives you food say:

"O Allah, bless us in it and provide us with better than it.

Whenever anyone accepted Islam, the Prophet (SAW) used to teach him how to pray then he would instruct him to invoke Allah with the following words: Allaahummaghfir lee, warhamnee, wahdinee, wa 'aafinee warzuqnee.

O Allah forgive me, and have mercy on me and guide me and give me good health and provide for me.
Reference: Muslim 4/2073, and in one of Muslim's reports there is the addition: 'For these words combine [the goodness of] this world and the next.'

sister herb
08-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Salam alaykum

What kind of works you have tried to find, sister? I have worked before halal works as teacher of immigrants - most my students were muslims. Not all but they came from cultures where teacher is respected person.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fainoz
08-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Thank you for the duas, and thanks to All.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!