PDA

View Full Version : can i secretly nullify forced marriage and marry another guy?is it permissible



help seeker
08-28-2013, 07:07 PM
how to nullify a forced marriage.the person who married me by force threatens me that if i marry anyother guy he can give serious harm to me.in such case how i disclose over him about marriage nullification.is it possible to marry secretly with any other guy because i donot accept this nikah.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
08-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Morally speaking, any marriage you were forced into is null and void, and you are within your rights to marry anyone you want.
Reply

Alpha Dude
08-28-2013, 08:00 PM
:sl: Sister I think you should ask a trustworthy local imam/scholar whilst explaining your situation in detail.

is it possible to marry secretly with any other guy because i donot accept this nikah.
To my understanding, a secret marriage would not be valid (and I would advise against it in your present circumstance anyway).

Your first priority should be to remove yourself from the forced marriage situation.
Reply

Muslim Woman
08-29-2013, 05:26 AM
:sl:


when Imam / Kazi asked if u agree to marry this person and u said yes , if he gave u a part of Mahr , if u have 2 witnesses , then marriage is valid . U can't take another person as ur hubby secretly . U have to end ur relationship with ur present husband , pass ur Iddat time . Only then u can marry again.

And Allah Knows Best.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Muslim Woman
08-29-2013, 05:28 AM
:sl:


u may ask a Mufti .



Darul Ihsan Islamic Services Centre
Website: http://www.darulihsan.com/
Email: fatwa@darulihsan.com
3rd Floor, Gem Towers
98 Overport Drive, Durban, South Africa
P.O Box 76474, Marble Ray, Durban, 4035
Tel: 08611 IHSAN (44726) - Fax: 031 207 3749
Reply

Muslim Woman
08-29-2013, 05:29 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by help seeker
the person who married me by force threatens me that if i marry anyother guy he can give serious harm to me..

did u tell ur parents ? Also inform Police if u are under threat like this.
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 06:46 AM
yes i knoe i have the right to remarry but can i do it secretly without informing that person who diid nikah forcefully to me
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Your first priority should be to remove yourself from the forced marriage situation.

yes i want to do this first but i dont know the procedure
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 06:51 AM
thanks for the information
Reply

Futuwwa
08-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Under what jurisdiction do you live? If you were forcibly married, maybe you could apply for police protection against the guy who did it to you?
Reply

Scimitar
08-29-2013, 11:12 AM
"forcibly married" ... that could mean anything.

The OP has not divulged any information on this thread regarding the specifics of such a marriage - and you are all only going by what she said regarding her marriage being forced. It seems to me that this woman is in love with another man outside of her marriage and is seeking to have her wanting to marry him justified, by claiming that her current marriage is a farce. She has provided no evidence nor has she provided a break down of her story - which I will add will be very 1 dimensional because you haven't heard her family side nor her husband side - and you all have sought to give her advice regarding her marriage being null and void. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT!!!

She should seek the expert opinion of a Mufti who can question her about the specifics of her current marriage and advise her properly after investigating her situation - something none of you are qualified to do here.

Remember, if you advise this sister wrongly, you'll be held responsible for her acting on that advice. Just saying.

Scimi
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Scimitar
Remember, if you advise this sister wrongly, you'll be held responsible for her acting on that advice. Just saying.
i diidn't mentioned the whole situation here but infact the person who married me forcefully is double of my age,i always considered him as my big brother and can't think of such relation,its embarrsing.i just want marry a person in which my will is considered.i am bearing all this with patience but after all i am human,i don't know who can solve my problem,where to go,how to proceed.i know i am innocent and i am sure Muftis will support me but i don't know in which institute i must go so that i become able to live a life of my choice.
Reply

Futuwwa
08-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Scimitar
"forcibly married" ... that could mean anything.

The OP has not divulged any information on this thread regarding the specifics of such a marriage - and you are all only going by what she said regarding her marriage being forced. It seems to me that this woman is in love with another man outside of her marriage and is seeking to have her wanting to marry him justified, by claiming that her current marriage is a farce. She has provided no evidence nor has she provided a break down of her story - which I will add will be very 1 dimensional because you haven't heard her family side nor her husband side - and you all have sought to give her advice regarding her marriage being null and void. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT!!!

She should seek the expert opinion of a Mufti who can question her about the specifics of her current marriage and advise her properly after investigating her situation - something none of you are qualified to do here.

Remember, if you advise this sister wrongly, you'll be held responsible for her acting on that advice. Just saying.

Scimi
Do you have any scriptural basis for that assertion? Just wondering.

If someone asks for advice for a particular situation, of course I'm going to assume that the person is telling the truth about the situation. If the advice is unwise because it was given based on false information, then the fault lies with the one providing the false information, not the one providing the advice. And any harm done from following such advice on the follower, not me.
Reply

Signor
08-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by help seeker
how to nullify a forced marriage.the person who married me by force threatens me that if i marry anyother guy he can give serious harm to me.in such case how i disclose over him about marriage nullification.is it possible to marry secretly with any other guy because i donot accept this nikah.
You may find your answers here
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Futuwwa
If someone asks for advice for a particular situation, of course I'm going to assume that the person is telling the truth about the situation. If the advice is unwise because it was given based on false information, then the fault lies with the one providing the false information, not the one providing the advice. And any harm done from following such advice on the follower, not me.
yes you are right.i am just here to know what could be done and what not because i have very little knowledge about this issue and any other person definitely have some knowledge to show me right path.islam allow me to marry by my will,if a person just for his pleasure captures me then its totally injustice.he is double of my age and i always considered him as my brother but he is not willing to understand.now i just want that i could know islamic way of becoming independent.this forum helped me in this way that a sister over here gave me the information about an experienced person who can listen to my whole problem and guide me what to do.i am thankful to all who are advising me.i am in trouble and want some solution.please don't take it negatively.
Reply

Scimitar
08-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Do you have any scriptural basis for that assertion? Just wondering.

If someone asks for advice for a particular situation, of course I'm going to assume that the person is telling the truth about the situation. If the advice is unwise because it was given based on false information, then the fault lies with the one providing the false information, not the one providing the advice. And any harm done from following such advice on the follower, not me.
You want me to do your homework for you? :D I dont have the time... netiher does the OP, since she's posting on a forum - and neither do you since you are replying.

I thought common sense would have sufficed. But nope... you want daleel. You can find it. If you really want to. So can the sister. But HAS SHE EVEN TRIED GOING TO HER LOCAL MASJID TO SEEK ADVICE? NO... she ran here instead, a forum where she might find people who will stroke her sensitivities instead, sheesh.

Scimi
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Scimitar
But HAS SHE EVEN TRIED GOING TO HER LOCAL MASJID TO SEEK ADVICE? NO... she ran here instead,
brother you can't know the circumstances of any person.if it was possible for me then i definitely visited there.why are you not understanding that i just want to know who can solve my problem,i want to know its procedure.i can't go door to door and ask for help.through this forum i am able to get a solution which will be islamic and best for me.
Reply

help seeker
08-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Scimitar
a forum where she might find people who will stroke her sensitivities instead, sheesh.
honestly speaking right now you are the only person who is opposing me and also forcing others not to guide me or share any thing which could help me.please don't be so harsh.if i was of that negative type mind then there was no need of getting advise.i want to go on right path that's why i am here.i want an ISLAMIC SOLUTION OF MY PROBLEM.and one of my sister over here gave very helpful information to me,i have put my whole problem in front of the experienced person,i hope they will give me reply soon.if this forum is not for helping others then what's the purpose of such forums?
Reply

Scimitar
08-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Sister, with ll due respect, if you had gone to your local masjid to seek advice - you'd not be here asking us!

And for real, we aint the "goto" people. Not for things like this! this is a discussion forum, not a shariah council.

This is though: http://www.islamic-sharia.org/2.html no need to thank me, thank shaikh Google instead :D

You claim that your basis for feeling this marriage is forced is because the man is twice your age... is that a bad thing for you? it wasn't for the mother of the believers, Hadhrat Aisha RA... food for thought.

Scimi
Reply

Muhammad
08-29-2013, 10:52 PM
:salamext:

I think this thread has served its purpose. Let's please try to reply in a good manner with each other :ia:. Sister help seeker, there is some good advice given earlier about seeking help from qualified people. That would be best.

Thread closed.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | International Institute of Entrepreneurship and Professional Development - IIEPD | Truly Halal Humour

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!