/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was Isa The Only Prophet Who Didn't Get Married?

Iceee
09-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Salaam.

Learning more and more about Islam as life progresses Alhumdulillah, I've noticed that all the Prophets in Islam (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Them All) got married at least once during their lifetime. All except for Prophet Jesus (Isa) (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him).

Is it because we don't have clarification that he got married?
Or he chose to spread the word of God instead of marry?

Just need clarification on this issue if possible Inshallah. Ja'Zakullah. Wa'Salaam.

Surat Al-Mā'idah (The Table Spread) - سورة المائدة

They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.
http://quran.com/5/72
S
ahih International Translation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anisafatima
09-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Salam, it is an interesting question to answer. However, I am not sure about the exact reference that Hadrat Eesa (AS) has lifted up in the sky and he will be returned after the appearance Dajjal then Hadrat Eesa (AS) will kill him and he will complete his rest of the life then Day of Doom will occur after his death.

greenhill
09-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Salaam Iceee,

I have also heard like what sis anisafatima said. The distinction I observed was that while other prophets had a life before being called to the duties of prophethood, Jesus or Isa (pbuh) spoke from birth, a Prophet already. His 'normal' life will come after the killing of the Dajjal when he descends sometime to come.

Peace

Iceee
09-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Salaam,

format_quote Originally Posted by anisafatima
Salam, it is an interesting question to answer. However, I am not sure about the exact reference that Hadrat Eesa (AS) has lifted up in the sky and he will be returned after the appearance Dajjal then Hadrat Eesa (AS) will kill him and he will complete his rest of the life then Day of Doom will occur after his death.
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I have also heard like what sis anisafatima said. The distinction I observed was that while other prophets had a life before being called to the duties of prophethood, Jesus or Isa (pbuh) spoke from birth, a Prophet already. His 'normal' life will come after the killing of the Dajjal when he descends sometime to come.
Ja'Zakullah for your answers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Predator
09-19-2013, 05:58 PM
The bible scholars speculate that there was something going on between him and Mary Magdalene a disciple. The bible is filled with filth and contradictions and any book that has contradictions cant be a book of god . The whole book can be thrown out.

Ahmad H
09-19-2013, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
The bible is filled with filth and contradictions and any book that has contradictions cant be a book of god . The whole book can be thrown out.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. The Bible is still to be respected because we do not know exactly where God's words are preserved or not. The Holy Prophet (saw) once told a Jew in one of their madrassas to give proper respect to the Torah and hold it to read on a pillow. Also, he (saw) said in another Hadith that we do not disbeliever nor believe in the Bible.

Fact is, Christians and Jews claim it is a Book of God, therefore, as Muslims, we must be respectful to a book which is considered a Book of the One God no matter what. Trinitarians or not, there are actual monotheist Christians as well and devout Jews.

A heads up, just so you don't throw yourself into ruin. From your brother in faith, a fellow Muslim. Sincere advice to you with love.

shafibhai
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
I wouldn't do that if I were you. The Bible is still to be respected because we do not know exactly where God's words are preserved or not. The Holy Prophet (saw) once told a Jew in one of their madrassas to give proper respect to the Torah and hold it to read on a pillow. Also, he (saw) said in another Hadith that we do not disbeliever nor believe in the Bible.

Fact is, Christians and Jews claim it is a Book of God, therefore, as Muslims, we must be respectful to a book which is considered a Book of the One God no matter what. Trinitarians or not, there are actual monotheist Christians as well and devout Jews.

A heads up, just so you don't throw yourself into ruin. From your brother in faith, a fellow Muslim. Sincere advice to you with love.

Brother what i think is those words predator doesn't mean literally here even there are god's words in that book those are for those people and for that time and what has to be focused is we need to focus on Allah's last n final words therefore i would say those above said words mean need not to be considered any more. :):statisfie

Ahmad H
10-07-2013, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shafibhai
Brother what i think is those words predator doesn't mean literally here even there are god's words in that book those are for those people and for that time and what has to be focused is we need to focus on Allah's last n final words therefore i would say those above said words mean need not to be considered any more.
One of the articles of our faith is that we believe in all of Allah's Books revealed to mankind. Yes, the laws of Islam abrogate previous laws, but our respect for those books must remain nevertheless out of fear of Allah. We may not consider them, but we are to treat them with respect. That is what the Holy Prophet (saw) did and so should we do that as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!