Batman drives at 200 mph,**

Romeo and Juliet commit suicide out of love,*

Harry Potter uses witchcraft,*

Mickey and Minnie are more than just friends,*

Sleeping Beauty is lazy,**

Dumbo gets drunk and hallucinates,*

Scooby Doo gives nightmares,*

and Snow White lives with 7 guys.
*We shouldn't be surprised when they misbehave, they get it from their storybooks and cartoons!
We should instead be teaching them stories like
Abu Bakr (ra)'s loyalty and undying service for his master,

Umar ibn Khatthab (ra)'s love for justice and tolerance,

Uthman ibn Affan (ra)'s level of shyness and modesty,
Ali ibn Abi-Talib (ra)'s show of courage and bravery,
*Khalid ibn Waleed (ra)'s desire of combating evil,
Fatima bint Muhammad (ra)'s love and respect to her father,
Sallahuddin Al-Ayubi (rh)'s conquest of the promised land,and much much more...
Above all, we should teach them about Allahswt), Qur'an and the Sunnah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
09-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! And don't forget about the story of Yusuf Alaihi Salaam, the best of stories so interesting and filled with so

For my Arabic class (in Syria), I had to write a piece about a fairy tale that I had heard as a child and I wrote something similar. Children who grow up with unislamic stories will love unislamic culture as their own from the beginning. Start in nursery school or kindergarten and you're allowing your child to be raised in a whole different environment and with a whole different mindset! Continue with unislamic stories and cartoons, and children will grow up wanting to be like the characters they read about and watch.

All of these things do have a profound effect on children. We can see how much children are affected by them from how much they want to buy every product with images of their favorite characters! These

Now think what would happen if children received stories of Islamic characters instead and stories with Islamic morals? They would want to be like them instead of being like unislamic characters.

crimsontide06
09-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Don't forget about the filtered in laughter on tv shows which then makes people laugh at nothing, in real life.

BTW....Minnie and Mickey are brother and sister. Why? Star Wars, that's why :D

islamic.teacher
12-12-2013, 04:34 PM
so true subhan allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AsheSkyler
12-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Don't forget the tale of Blue Beard! If you don't like your spouse, just kill them and be done with it. Or one of my favorites, driving the devil into a bottle and locking him up for a while (Don Demonio's Mother-in-Law).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!