/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Qurbani

reelss
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Salam to everyone.

I have a couple of question about Qurbani (udhhiya). I have almost always taken a share in a cow for Qurbani and have managed to get two shares, one for myself and one for Prophet Muhammad SW. This year, I intended to do the same. However, someone suggested that I consider sacrificing a goat, since it is considered preferable to a cow. A goat will be a more expensive option, and if I go that route, I may only be able to afford one share. My questions are:

1. Is it true that certain animals are more preferable when it comes to qurbani? Is sacrificing a goat more preferable to a cow?
2. Given someone's budget, is it preferable to try to get more shares for the qurbani, or focus more on getting one good qurbani (quantity vs quality)?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-04-2013, 07:09 AM
:sl:

ask a Mufti ?

Darul Ihsan Islamic Services Centre
Email: fatwa@darulihsan.com
3rd Floor, Gem Towers
98 Overport Drive, Durban, South Africa
P.O Box 76474, Marble Ray, Durban, 4035
Tel: 08611 IHSAN (44726) - Fax: 031 207 3749

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!