PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer me



Plz Answer Me
10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
An Atheist asked me these two questions what should I answer him???
Please Answer me as soon as possible!!!!!!

//"Name me a moral statement or action, uttered or committed by a believer, that could not be made or uttered by a non-believer.


Now, name me a wicked action performed, or a vile statement made by someone, that is only attributable by their religious faith."//
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
You could start by asking him why any of those questions matter. Because if you just answer his questions like he asks them, you're letting him frame the discussion in terms of his choice. So, I'd just answer:

I can't think of any. Why does it matter? Assume the answer is no, none can be named because there are none. Therefore?
Reply

Muslim Woman
10-06-2013, 04:42 PM
:sl:



what's the benefit of answering these questions ? Muslims believe life hereafter is eternal . So , we must obey God to have eternal peace. Even if all athiests are doings good deeds than Muslims in this world , it won't benefit them in hereafter .

We are working to make sure that our hereafter is safe from eternal fire . So , it does not matter what good deeds are done by disbelievers / athiests .


If we all become athiests , surely crimes will increase as many believers try hard to stay from wrong because of fear of God . what's the point of the athiest of asking these questions ?
Reply

Hulk
10-06-2013, 10:09 PM
AssalamualaikumNo need to be hasty in trying to respond to the person sister. Always remember that whatever the question is, Islam has the answer even if you in your limited knowledge do not. So be honest when confronted with questions you don't know the answer to and tell them you will try and find out the answer.Allahu alam
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ahmad H
10-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me
//"Name me a moral statement or action, uttered or committed by a believer, that could not be made or uttered by a non-believer.
None, nonbelievers and believers both commit good and bad deeds, at least in action. Faith is required for an action to be good when it is good.

Nonbelievers may give charity, help the needy, love others for the sake of it and refrain from cruelty and injustice. They may spread peace as well. But, these are not necessarily rewarded by Allah or even considered good in His sight. What is good is whatever is good done for the sake of Allah. This is the separation between the good deeds done by believers and nonbelievers.

To understand this, think of animals. They love their children, and they love others in their groups and even fight for each other. They feed each other and they also work together. This does not mean that human who do the same are any different, they are still very much animal-like. Thus, only those people who do such deeds for the sake of Allah can ever be rewarded for what they do by Him. Their deeds are considered good because they have attributed what they do to Allah.

To then understand how a believer does their actions for the sake of Allah, the explanation is that when we do things we first say Bismillah, otherwise, what we do is cut off from all goodness since it is not done for Allah's sake. There is a Hadith which says this very thing. Think about our Niyyat for Salat, we recite our intentions and say that our prayers all belong to Allah, making our intention for Him only. Thus, this is another reason why intentions are important in Islam. Therefore, tell your Atheist friend to not think of morality as inherent in everyone, morality is whatever is done for the sake of Allah. Islam is about intention, and your Atheist friend should also understand that every action is preceded by an intention. The intentions which are for the sake of Allah are the highest and most deserved intentions and there is nothing which can outdo that. That defines morality, and thus it is based upon our deeds being for the sake of Allah only.

Otherwise, if we do something for ourselves or because we felt like it and thought it was good, then morality has no definition except that we do as we like because we feel it is right at the time. Some people think killing can be moral, others don't. Who is right? There is no accepted definition of morality amongst Atheists except that whatever we do we feel is right and which does not cause harm to others is right. But this is empty, because it fails to consider that there are flaws in how we think we affect others. Humans cannot predict everything. Thus, only Allah can save us from this and give us laws which comprehend all aspects of life that nullifies harm altogether. Only He can keep us from harming each other by His laws. Humans are foolish to think they can govern themselves and leave Allah out of it.

As for,

Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me
Now, name me a wicked action performed, or a vile statement made by someone, that is only attributable by their religious faith."//
I should like to note that whether evil is done in the name of religion or not, it remains an evil. This argument that religion is flawed because people commit crimes in its name is silly. If Muslims are claiming to kill in the name of Islam, then they are not following Islam and the rest of the Muslims disagree with them and even resist them.

As for violence in the name of Allah, it is Haram to do so unless everything is in accordance with Allah's Laws. No Muslims can make up the Laws of Islam on their own and take the law into their own hands. Atheists do not understand how the religion works, so tell him that those who claim to do acts of violence and killing in Allah's Name have nothing to do with Islam because disobedience to Allah is Kufr, and any Kafir is not a Muslim. Simple as that. Actions of Kufr render a Muslim a Kufr at that time. Killing cannot be done unless it is because one has to kill someone who murdered another person. There is a specific Hadith on this. Tell him this Hadith:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "A faithful believer remains at liberty regarding his religion unless he kills somebody unlawfully." (Book #83, Hadith #2)
(Sahih Bukhari)

Sorry for the long answer. But I hope what I told you makes sense and answers your question so you have a peace of mind and can answer the Atheist who asked you these questions.
Reply

Plz Answer Me
10-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ahmad H
None, nonbelievers and believers both commit good and bad deeds, at least in action. Faith is required for an action to be good when it is good.

Nonbelievers may give charity, help the needy, love others for the sake of it and refrain from cruelty and injustice. They may spread peace as well. But, these are not necessarily rewarded by Allah or even considered good in His sight. What is good is whatever is good done for the sake of Allah. This is the separation between the good deeds done by believers and nonbelievers.

To understand this, think of animals. They love their children, and they love others in their groups and even fight for each other. They feed each other and they also work together. This does not mean that human who do the same are any different, they are still very much animal-like. Thus, only those people who do such deeds for the sake of Allah can ever be rewarded for what they do by Him. Their deeds are considered good because they have attributed what they do to Allah.

To then understand how a believer does their actions for the sake of Allah, the explanation is that when we do things we first say Bismillah, otherwise, what we do is cut off from all goodness since it is not done for Allah's sake. There is a Hadith which says this very thing. Think about our Niyyat for Salat, we recite our intentions and say that our prayers all belong to Allah, making our intention for Him only. Thus, this is another reason why intentions are important in Islam. Therefore, tell your Atheist friend to not think of morality as inherent in everyone, morality is whatever is done for the sake of Allah. Islam is about intention, and your Atheist friend should also understand that every action is preceded by an intention. The intentions which are for the sake of Allah are the highest and most deserved intentions and there is nothing which can outdo that. That defines morality, and thus it is based upon our deeds being for the sake of Allah only.

Otherwise, if we do something for ourselves or because we felt like it and thought it was good, then morality has no definition except that we do as we like because we feel it is right at the time. Some people think killing can be moral, others don't. Who is right? There is no accepted definition of morality amongst Atheists except that whatever we do we feel is right and which does not cause harm to others is right. But this is empty, because it fails to consider that there are flaws in how we think we affect others. Humans cannot predict everything. Thus, only Allah can save us from this and give us laws which comprehend all aspects of life that nullifies harm altogether. Only He can keep us from harming each other by His laws. Humans are foolish to think they can govern themselves and leave Allah out of it.

As for,



I should like to note that whether evil is done in the name of religion or not, it remains an evil. This argument that religion is flawed because people commit crimes in its name is silly. If Muslims are claiming to kill in the name of Islam, then they are not following Islam and the rest of the Muslims disagree with them and even resist them.

As for violence in the name of Allah, it is Haram to do so unless everything is in accordance with Allah's Laws. No Muslims can make up the Laws of Islam on their own and take the law into their own hands. Atheists do not understand how the religion works, so tell him that those who claim to do acts of violence and killing in Allah's Name have nothing to do with Islam because disobedience to Allah is Kufr, and any Kafir is not a Muslim. Simple as that. Actions of Kufr render a Muslim a Kufr at that time. Killing cannot be done unless it is because one has to kill someone who murdered another person. There is a specific Hadith on this. Tell him this Hadith:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "A faithful believer remains at liberty regarding his religion unless he kills somebody unlawfully." (Book #83, Hadith #2)
(Sahih Bukhari)

Sorry for the long answer. But I hope what I told you makes sense and answers your question so you have a peace of mind and can answer the Atheist who asked you these questions.

Attachment 5297
Jazakallah khair!

:sl:
Reply

Plz Answer Me
10-10-2013, 06:19 AM
:sl:

Jazakallah to all.
May Allah reward you all.
Reply

Nur Student
10-10-2013, 09:14 PM
A comparison between the moral training the wisdom of the All-Wise Qur’an gives to personal life and what philosophy and science teach:

The sincere student of philosophy is a pharaoh, but he is a contemptible pharaoh who worships the basest thing for the sake of benefit; he recognizes everything from which he can profit as his ‘Lord’. And that irreligious student is obstinate and refractory, but he is wretched together with his obstinacy and accepts endless abasement for the sake of one pleasure. And he is abject together with his recalcitrance and shows his abasement by kissing the feet of satanic individuals for the sake of some base benefit. And that irreligious student is conceited and domineering, but since he can find no point of support in his heart, he is an utterly impotent blustering tyrant. And that student is a self-centered seeker of benefit whose aim and endeavour is to gratify his animal appetites; a crafty egotist who seeks his personal interests within certain nationalist interests.

However, the sincere student of Qur’anic wisdom is a servant, but he does not stoop to worship even the greatest of creatures; he is an esteemed slave who does not take a supreme benefit like Paradise as the aim of his worship. And its student is humble; he is righteous and mild, yet outside the limits of his Maker’s leave, he would not voluntarily lower and abase himself before anything other than his Maker. And he is weak and in want, and he knows his weakness and poverty, but he is self-sufficient due to the wealth which his All-Generous Lord has stored up for him in the hereafter, and he is strong since he relies on his Master’s infinite power. And he acts and strives only for God’s sake, for God’s pleasure, and for virtue.

Thus, the training the two give may be understood from the comparison of the two students.

http://www.erisale.com/index.jsp?loc...ent.en.201.145
Reply

greenhill
11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me
"Name me a moral statement or action, uttered or committed by a believer, that could not be made or uttered by a non-believer.
The Shahada followed by the action of someone believing it. It cannot be done by a non believer.

On the second one, why would anyone 'religious' do anything he considered to be wicked? Why would any religion preach for its followers to do anything it viewed as wicked?

Peace :shade:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!