/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What will heaven be like?

iiddnn
10-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Alright so i was thinking a while ago.Everyone says heaven is supposed to be really beautiful. I heard somewhere that there was no night and winter in heaven, which kind of caught me off guard because i actually really like winter, snow cold weather and the night a lot (and Oreos) . So can heaven change based on what we like or what?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-13-2013, 03:09 PM
I live on a tropical island that never taste of winter, and when I was younger I like driving alone in the middle of the night. But if I can not get winter and night in heaven I would still say "Alhamdulillah" because at least I'm not in hell.

Ahmad H
10-13-2013, 06:35 PM
In sha' Allah, I will post a VERY detailed description of Paradise and Hell together. I have the scan of a book called, "Sufficient Provision for the Seekers of the Path of Truth" which contains many writings by Sheikh Syed Abdul Qadir Jilani (ra). It is a magnificent set of books, five volumes long. It has a section with a lengthy description of Paradise and Hell.

Do you want me to post the part slowly on here or start another thread with this information? Again, it is very lengthy. It took up over 30 pages in the second volume.

Vito
10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
There will be things in the afterlife that we could never comprehend with our current mind frames. That being said, although I guess its only human nature that we think about these things, you shouldn't worry about whether or not if Oreo cookies exist in heaven or what the weather will be like :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-13-2013, 08:58 PM
How we could know about conditions in Heaven... there might as well be a lot of snow what taste as Oreo cookies.

Better now just try to live in this life the way that we will enter to Heaven.

Ahmad H
10-13-2013, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iiddnn
I heard somewhere that there was no night and winter in heaven, which kind of caught me off guard because i actually really like winter, snow cold weather and the night
76:13 Reclining in the (Garden) on raised thrones, they will see there neither the sun's (excessive heat) nor (the moon's) excessive cold.

So there is no winter or summer in Paradise. Also, there is no night, because there is only the bright day and the evening, the evening turns back into daytime again.

19:61 Gardens of Eternity, those which (Allah) Most Gracious has promised to His servants in the Unseen: for His promise must (necessarily) come to pass.
19:62 They will not there hear any vain discourse, but only salutations of Peace: And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and evening.

And yes, you can have all the oreos you want in Paradise, if Allah willing, you reach it:

25:16 "For them there will be therein all that they wish for: they will dwell (there) for aye: A promise to be prayed for from thy Lord."

I hope these answered your questions. The Qur'an is the best source of guidance.

iiddnn
10-13-2013, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
How we could know about conditions in Heaven... there might as well be a lot of snow what taste as Oreo cookies.

Better now just try to live in this life the way that we will enter to Heaven.
Oreo flavored snow.... Allah has blessed you with good taste sis.

abo khbab
10-14-2013, 03:48 AM
The Authority Of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him): The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said :

"Allah said : I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen and no ear has heard, not has it occurred to human heart. Thus recite if you wish (1): And no soul knows what joy for them (the inhabitants of Paradise) has been kept hidden (Quran Chapter 32 Verse 17)."

Reporters.
It was related by al-Bukhari, Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah

Nur Student
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
So Allah (swt) will bestow upon His choice servants in that world such gifts as 'no eye has ever seen, no ear has ever heard, nor has their image crossed the heart of any man.' ( Bukhari, Bad’u’l-Khalq, 8; Tafsir al-Sura xxxii, 1; Tawhid, 35; Muslim, Iman, 312)

May Allah make us one of those who enter Paradise through His mercy and grace. Ameen!

Karl
10-15-2013, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iiddnn
Alright so i was thinking a while ago.Everyone says heaven is supposed to be really beautiful. I heard somewhere that there was no night and winter in heaven, which kind of caught me off guard because i actually really like winter, snow cold weather and the night a lot (and Oreos) . So can heaven change based on what we like or what?
Tartarus would be your cup of tea. It is so cold with plenty of snow and ice that the wicked would rather be in the fire and of course there is eternal darkness.
You should try and get a job down in Antarctica it's freezing all the time and the nights last for months, great pay too. Even has an active volcano called Erebus, perfect for you. LOL

muslimah bird
12-13-2013, 10:45 AM
No one will be unhappy with anything in Jannah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!