/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When memorizing a Surat in Quran with Sajdah, while Studying, must I keep make SAJDA?

animehunter123
10-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I am memorizing surat AL-ALAQ. The last Ayat in it has a sajdah. I am trying to practice reading the surat 10-20 times for each ayat... but when I read it, must I keep doing SAJDAH? Or can I just do SAJDAH once for the hour that I am studying?

Also when I recite a surat like this while praying, must I stop praying and do that SAJDAH, then resume?:hiding:

Jazak AK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
animehunter123
10-15-2013, 08:58 AM
I think I found the answer:

- if you are sitting down for one memorizing session, then you only need to make 1 sajdah TILAWAAT for the session

- if you are reading the ayat in a salat, then AT THE END OF THE SALAT YOU MAKE 1 SAJDAH TILAWAAT.

I think this is right...

greenhill
10-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Salaams,

I am not sure on the first point but I guess what was said makes sense as Allah does not want to inconvenience His slaves too much.. but on the second part I beg to differ. I have been told that you sujud immediately after saying the word and then stand up and resume the ayat.

There is a story about Syaitaan running away crying when this is done because we prostrate ourselves at the mention of the word when he, Syaitaan, refused to bow to Adam when commanded. Don't know the authenticity of the story, but it is nice anyway..:D

To add to the sujud, I am not sure if there is anything specific that ought/needs to recited , though I am inclined to believe that there is.

Peace :shade:

animehunter123
10-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Oh really?

Ok, so if I am in RAKAAT #1 of DHUR, and I read a ayat with a sajdah, I IMMEDIATELY SAJDAH, then resume RAKAAT #1?

Can you confirm if this is correct?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anisafatima
10-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Salam thanks for your informative question. According to my meager knowledge when Holy Quran is read or recited in a flow (with a continuity) then Sajda should be performed but as in your case you are repeatedly reading particular Ayah for sale of memorization then Sajda will be once obligatory for you. JazakAllah.

greenhill
10-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Salaams,

Seeing as you asked specifically, and no one has answered, I have looked it up and found -

1) It is at the end of the ayat that has sajdah that you immediately do the sujud, then stand up to resume the ayat.
2) You say Allahu akhbar for the sujud but do not raise your hands like normal
3) You recite Allahumma laka sajdtu wa bika aamantu, wa laka aslamtu, sajada wajhiya lilladzi khalaqahu wa sawwarahu, wa syaqqa sam'ahu wa basharahu wa quwwatihi, fa tabarakallahu ahsana al-Khaliqin
Which roughly translates to :

Oh Allah, to You I prostrate, with You is my faith, to You I submit, my face bowed to its Creator, that has given it form, and given it hearing, and sight with His will and Greatness, Allah, that is full of mercy that has made humans in perfection.

There are some finer points listed in the explanation...

animehunter123
10-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Thank you very much. I will memorize this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!