/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Timetable

EM83
10-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Salam, I would like some help on how to use the Islamic prayer timetable. I am so confused with what each column means. Tonight I want to pray ( as I am learning ) so what exact time do I pray and how many units ? ..... I am learning , thank you alam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
10-29-2013, 08:33 PM
You mean from http://www.islamicfinder.org??

Date= the date of the month you are praying
Day: the actual day...like monday,tue. wed..
There are 5 prayers to be prayed each day

(2 units)Fajr: morning prayer
*Sunrise:This column just lets you know what time sunrise is..
(4 units)Dhuhr: Noon prayer
(4 units)Asr:Afternoon prayer
(3 units)Maghrib: evening prayer
(4 units)Isha: night prayer

greenhill
10-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Salaams,

Depending on where you live, prayer times can vary significantly throughout the year. The more north (or south) you are the more the times will change.

Peace :shade:

EM83
10-30-2013, 08:05 AM
I have learnt the prayer names etc I just don't understand these units
I get so confused , I know what two rakahs are but not the rest and I want to pray correctly etc

Thank you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
10-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Hope I can ask a related question (which may actually help the OP).

I have always wondered what the margin for prayer is.

Fajr Sunr Dhuhr Asr Maghr Isha
5:02 6:54 11:47 2:09 4:38 6:26

In the example above, how long is the window during which each prayer can be performed?

greenhill
10-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Salaams,

Please define 'units'. Not sure what you mean by it.

One rakah is one 'cycle' (one unit as crimsontide06 puts it). If this explains it then, alhamdulillah.
One cycle is
1) Standing position where you recite the al Fatihah
2) Bow down
3) Stand up straight briefly
4) Sujud (Kneel down with forehead touching the ground)
5) Sit
6) Sujud again = one cycle or unit.

On the second rakah, after the second sujud you sit again and recite the short Tahiyat. (this is repeated on the final rakah for those prayers having more than 2 rakah).

Still don't know if I have answered your question.

Peace. :shade:

greenhill
10-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Glo,

Technically it cannot cross the given times. The 'in between' times are not very long. Here where I am people take it around 15 minutes before the next prayer time just to avoid uncertainty. But that is why it is recommended that you pray as soon as it becomes time (as early as possible).

Peace :shade:

glo
10-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Could one prayer lead into another? Pray a very late Maghrib followed by an early Isha, for example?

greenhill
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
This is very technical already... there might be differences of opinions here so I will say it in layman's terms.

Bottom line is that you HAVE to perform your prayers. So if you cannot make it for whatever 'justifiable' reasons then you will have to make up for it. If you are only able to make it at the end of the specific time (bordering on the next prayer time) then why not. Only thing is that for me, I would not be sure if I actually 'made it' in time or not. The difference is in my 'niat' (kind of proclamation) on whether I am doing it in the time given or am I paying back the missed prayer as they are slightly different. But I am told that if I do start in the given time and during my prayer the time has passed to the next prayer, it is still valid assuming that I am certain that it I started within the allocated time. Makes sense?

Just to add a bit, that's why in islam the 'niat' is one of the fundamental part of faith. Wrong niat or no niat gives you nothing for the deeds you do. And everything we as muslims do should be in the name of Allah and for His sake. Many muslims forget this crucial element (me inclusive) most of the time. It is so basic that I tend to overlook it.

Peace

ardianto
10-30-2013, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Could one prayer lead into another? Pray a very late Maghrib followed by an early Isha, for example?
n certain condition, two prayers can be combined. In example, a Muslim will do traveling few hours that he cannot stop. He can pray dhuhr and asr in dhuhr time.

But of course, if a Muslim is able to pray within each time, he cannot combine his prayer.

lavenderflowers
11-12-2013, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EM83
Salam, I would like some help on how to use the Islamic prayer timetable. I am so confused with what each column means. Tonight I want to pray ( as I am learning ) so what exact time do I pray and how many units ? ..... I am learning , thank you alam
salam alakium,

this is how i learned my salah.it does take time.ALLAH will make it easier on you.it seems like alot to learn but as you do it regularly it becomes easier.i use to make index cards and follow the index cards with all the positions .but this video is what i used.

salam alakium w/r w/b,sister asiya

lavenderflowers
11-12-2013, 01:20 AM
i would have to send you the links after i have been on here awhile.insha'ALLAH i will post it when allowed.

salam alakium,asiya

Afzalsheikh
01-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Correct Prayer Times. Find prayer timings for Fajar prayer, Sunrise, Zuhr prayer, Asr prayer, Maghrib prayer & Isha prayer times …

esraahmed.cairo
02-18-2019, 04:10 PM
For the accurate Prayer timings worldwide, Qibla direction and Islamic Calendar, visit Pure Islamic, it's mobile app is also available for Android and IOS users.

MazharShafiq
02-19-2019, 07:41 AM
Salaams,

Depending on where you live, prayer times can vary significantly throughout the year. The more north (or south) you are the more the times will change.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!