/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination project thesis

Artic Fox
11-05-2013, 12:36 AM
I have a big project in one of my classes and the theme is "Discrimination in the U.S." I have the topic of discrimination of Muslims post 9/11, and I have to create a thesis as to why Muslims are discriminated against in the U.S. I can only think of 9/11 as a reason, and I need two more reasons.

So, does anyone have any other two reasons as to why Muslims are discriminated against? I know there are a lot out there but I need more that I can defend with facts and statistics. I'm looking for reasons that I'll be able to do more in-depth research on, but any suggestions will steer me in the right direction. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
11-05-2013, 01:05 AM
1. hijab/veil

2. religion..

3.media bias that makes Muslims look bad

4. Fear/ignorance of the unknown

Artic Fox
11-05-2013, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
1. hijab/veil

2. religion..

3.media bias that makes Muslims look bad

4. Fear/ignorance of the unknown
Ah, thank you. I would have never thought of the media bias. That's a really good one. :)

crimsontide06
11-05-2013, 08:07 PM
You're welcome

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WarriorforMarie
11-05-2013, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Artic Fox
I have a big project in one of my classes and the theme is "Discrimination in the U.S." I have the topic of discrimination of Muslims post 9/11, and I have to create a thesis as to why Muslims are discriminated against in the U.S. I can only think of 9/11 as a reason, and I need two more reasons.

So, does anyone have any other two reasons as to why Muslims are discriminated against? I know there are a lot out there but I need more that I can defend with facts and statistics. I'm looking for reasons that I'll be able to do more in-depth research on, but any suggestions will steer me in the right direction.
Hello Artic Fox,

One resource that might be helpful is the FBI's database on hate crimes. I've included a link to their 2009 dataset, but there are other years available. I'm not sure if they have an information about pre-9/11, it might be interesting to look at the numbers before and afterward to see if there was a change and if so how large of a change.

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2009/abouthcs.html

Another resource worth checking out would be the Southern Poverty Law Center.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...gy/anti-muslim

Good luck with your project!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!