/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is getting married really as hard as they make it out to be?

leilas
11-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Salaam Aleikum,

I have heard many stories about muslims not wanting to marry reverts? Is it really as hard as people make it out to be or is exaggerated? Has anyone had any experience with this? Shokran!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam

I think it's depend on culture. In Indonesia new Muslims never have this problem. I myself have few married friends who are revert, and they embraced Islam before they got married.

saifdeen
11-23-2013, 03:47 PM
I am not sure how it's to do with culture or environment . A friend of mine who reverted when we were younger, he was 16 at the time, managed to get married 5 times before he was 20. Of course those were done in haste and in youth which is probably why they didn't last long. However similarly other reverts have no trouble of finding spouses.

Eric H
11-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Greetings and peace be with you saifdeen;

A friend of mine who reverted when we were younger, he was 16 at the time, managed to get married 5 times before he was 20.
Getting married is the easy bit, staying married is the tough part, men and women are just so different, even without taking religion into consideration. Allah first, spouse second and your own needs last, that would work, we tend to do the opposite, self first, spouse second and Allah last, a sure recipe for disaster.

Blessings

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
11-23-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm not really sure. I'm a revert and haven't received any marriage proposals. Some of it could be cultural but I know other reverts here who were able to get married. I suppose it just depends on...who you are. What you look like. What you like. Your commitment to the religion. Things like that. The regular standards for anyone.

I've read some stories of people on this forum mentioning bad experiences about marrying reverts who end up going back to their "old ways" but I think that's a minority opinion. Most of the reverts I know are genuinely committed to Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!