/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inshallah

Abdullah101
11-27-2013, 01:14 AM
Hello! Today I'm asking here asking a question about prayer to those who are willing to answer. Inshallah, I will memorize what I need to memorize. At the moment, I am very close to converting to Islam (I know it's the right decision to make, I guess the only thing stopping me is the prayers).

I'm just wondering if I can read the Tashahhud from a piece of paper or something? Or should I just hold off from converting until I memorize everything?

inshallah, it will all work out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Don't hold off from converting. Death could come at any time. If you know Islam to be the truth, say your shahaadah now, even if you have to say your tashahhu off paper for a short while. See this link also: http://islamqa.info/en/378 which gives alternative short wordings you can use if you haven't yet memorised the prayer.

and see this:

In his response to the question in point, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

If you are new to Islam and you haven’t memorized anything yet, you may pray while reading from a book or written paper. But you should discontinue this practice as soon as you have learned the basic minimum elements required for fard (obligatory) Prayer.

The basic minimum required reading in salah consists of Surat al-Fatihah and some short surahs, such as the three last surahs of the Qur’an, in addition to what is listed below:

1. Subhana rabbiya al-`azeem (glory be to my Lord, the Great) three times in ruku` (while bowing)

2. Sami`a Allahu liman hamidah (Allah hears those who praise Him) while rising from ruku`

3. Rabbana laka al-hamdu (Our Lord, all praise is Yours) after rising from ruku`

4. Subhana rabbiya al-a`la (Glory be to my Lord, the Most High) while in sujud (prostration)

5. At-tahhiyyat or tashahhud while sitting after two rak`ahs or in the final rak`ah before salam, (which one can read from a book)

If you find yourself unable to say these except by looking in a book, you can do so until such time that you are able to recite them from memory. It is important for us to know that Allah does not burden us with tasks which are beyond our abilities.
Source: OnIslam.net

greenhill
11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Learn a line a day or more if you can manage. Do not rush. In the meantime read from a paper.

My initial tip would be to pay attention to the different sounds of vowels and consonants. For a non Arab tongue, the 3 different 'H' sounds may be standardised to 1, the 'T, 'D', 'Z', 'A' etc. Islam is about due care, refine, so to speak. So start right and you'll do well.

Peace to you brother :shade:

Aprender
11-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Hello,

If you know Islam is the truth, take your shahahda. You can learn the prayers later. I converted to Islam 2 years ago and it took me 3 months to learn how to recite and memorize al fatihah because it was difficult getting used to pronouncing the Arabic. I just read from a paper until I got it right.

And you should also write: in shaa Allah instead of the way you have it above. I remember some Muslims told me writing it all together that way means "create Allah" or something of the sort which is incorrect. Writing it as three words, in shaa Allah, makes it the intended meaning.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur Student
11-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes, you can read from a paper until you learn the prayers by heart. However, try to memorize them as soon as possible insha'Allah. And as sister Insanah stated, don't hold back from embracing Islam because of that.

I want to congratulate you in advance. Welcome back to your original religion, Abdullah. :Alhumdill

Abdullah101
11-28-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm extremely dedicated to Islam. I'm actually spending almost all of my free time studying Islam... I could be a scholar, to be honest. Everyone has something they like to do in life, for me it's gaining knowledge. I love learning more, studying Islam, Quran, ext. (debating too :D) All I want in life is to please Allah, and to be a wise man.

I'm memorizing the Quran as best as I can, and I am studying it often :D
So yes! Thank you everyone for the advice. I will convert ASAP! I'll make a most when I do ;p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!