1) There is no reason to blame Adam(AS) for us being on earth nor can he be blamed because Allah Most High already decreed this before the complete creation of Adam(AS). As Allah Almighty states in the Qur'an:
"And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not.(al-Baqarah 2:30)"
So even if the forbidden fruit were left alone we still would've ended up on earth.
2) It's futile to have hatred for matters that already been decided and over which you have no control. Better to reconcile those feelings before you get devoured in them. What point is there in brooding over them?
3) iblis/shaytan misguided Adam(AS). iblis had many things but he didn't have love for Allah Azza Wa Jal; he had
a) `Aql (intellect),
b) `Ilm (knowledge), and
c) `Irfan (awareness of Allah Most High)for even when being thrown out by Allah, Most High, he was sufficiently aware that anger does not overcome Allah and that He answers those who call upon Him and thus asked for respite until the Day of Judgement.
I also heard there was no place left from where iblis hadn't prostrated to Allah and so he asked for respite using the good he had done before; such was his hatred for Adam(AS) and his progeny. And as stated by others in the post he led Adam(AS) astray. If you should hate anyone then hate iblis for wispering into the heart of Adam(AS) and exploiting his innocence. Even Allah Most High tells us Adam(AS) was led astray by iblis:
"So he (Satan) misled them with deception." (Ch 7:22) Allah said: "Thus did Adam disobey his Lord so he went astray." (Ch 20:121)
Then Satan whispered suggestions to them both in order to uncover that which was hidden from them of their private parts before, he said:" Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save you should become angels or become of the immortals." Satan swore by Allah to them both saying: "Verily I am one of the sincere well wishers for you both."
He started to whisper to him day after day, coaxing him: "Shall I guide you to thTree of Immortality and the Eternal Kingdom?"
He said to them: "Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save you should become angels or become of the immortals."
He (Satan) swore by Allah to them both saying: "Verily I am one of the sincere well wishers for you both." (Ch 7:20-21)
Adam asked himself: "What will happen if I eat from this tree? It might truly be the Tree of Immortality." His dream was to live forever in the pure innocence of Paradise."
Years went by, and Adam and Eve were preoccupied with thoughts of that tree. Then one day they decided to eat of its fruit. They forgot that Allah had warned them not to approach it and that Iblis was their sworn enemy. Adam stretched out his hand, picked one of the fruits and offered it to Eve. They both ate of the forbidden tree.
Allah the Almighty addressed him: "Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you: Verily Satan is an open enemy unto you?" They said: "Our Lord! We have
wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."(7:22-).[/PIE]
What wonderful words of Adam(AS)! He doesn't seek to blame others lnor does he claim that he wronged Allah Most High but rather says that he has wronged himself by disobeying Allah Most High!
shaytan is an open enemy to us as Allah, Most High, Himself states this in the verses above and know that shaytan continues to whisper into the hearts of mankind so that we be are led astray. This is is sole objective.
4) Adam(AS) was exemplary in showing the greatness of men for he was immediately repentant. Contrast this with iblis the accursed who made pathetic excuses for his shameless disobedience towards his Creator; claiming he is better for he is made out of fire when he failed to prostrate to Adam(AS). iblis new very well what made Adam(AS) special was not the material used to make him but rather the the way in which he was made for Allah Most High says He created Adam (AS) with His Own Hands and Spirit denoting how much Allah, Most High, honored Adam(AS) (Not that Allah Most High use 2 hands to create something like we do or breathed in a part of him into Adam(AS); Allah Most High is far from being similiar in any way to His creation)
From the clay Allah created Adam. he molded his form with His own hands and blew His spirit into him. Adam's body quivered as life was imbued into it. Verily His Command, when He intends a thing is only that He says to it, "BE!" and it is! (Ch 37:82 Quran).
Allah the Almighty declared: Verily the likeness of Jesus, in Allah's Sight is the likeness of Adam, He created him from the dust then He said to him. "Be!" --and he was. (Ch 3:59 Quran)
5) We can't imagine the excruciating pain Adam(AS) felt after having been exiled right after being acquainted with Allah Most High and being accustomed to greater abodes with the Angels. How home sick he must have been; the greatest form of homesickness! The duration of this exile was at least 1000 years which ended after his death. The Stature of men were far greater and the duration for which they lived were far longer before:
"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels),
As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.
(Sahih Al Bukahri 4:55:543)
How he wept!
Abdul Rahman Ibn Amru AL Awza iy said that Adam spent 100 years in Paradise. In another narration it was said he spent 60 years. Ibn Asaker reported that Adam wept for 60 years for his loss of Paradise and 70 years for his mistake, and he wept for another 70 years when his son was killed.
6) The Prophets are Sinless; see post #34 on this thread.: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...hethood-3.html
7) Remember Adam(AS) for one of the greatest act ever performed by men, tawba/repentance.
Surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.
—Quran , Sura 02 (Al-Baqara), ayah 222
Anas ibn Malik narrates: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than anyone of you is pleased with finding his camel which he had lost in the desert."
—Sahih al-Bukhari, 8:75:321
Conditions of a Sincere Repentance:
-The conditions for repentance are well known:
-Leaving the sin;
-Remorse over having committed the sin;
-Resolve never to return to the sin;
(If it relates to the rights of another person, then to) Return the rights or property one wrongly took. [al-Bariqa fi Sharh al-Tariqa; Riyad al-Salihin]
8)This life is a wonderful opportunity and one too short to waste brooding over the decree. Ali(RA) once said "this life is but a dream from which you awake after death"; he was trying to make a parable that the eternal life which comes after this one will make this life appear as if it was a dream. It's actually less then that. Even in the next life there will come a time where we completely forget this life paying no importance to it like one forgets a dream or a nightmare. The Believer pleasure of the believer is the Pleasure of Allah Almighty. Here is an example from the story of a Sahabah of how much one should love Allah Most High: