/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Premonition Dreams

crimsontide06
12-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Since I was young I have had dreams here and there that later come true. I have feelings too, of dread. Once(in high school) I was reading the paper about a fire at my old elementary school(no one was hurt) and this feeling of "something is wrong/something bad is going to happen" came over me...later that week a classmate died in a house fire.I actually saw this classmate the day before she died and had a feeling come over me that "that was the last time I would ever see her". I had dreams about my grandfather before he died; then for a whole year I kept having dreams of him and my grandmother(same side..so yes, his wife) being together in a car, walking...etc...then she died...since then I have not dreamed of them again. I had a dream of a school uniform(of another school in my town) being covered in blood..and the next week, a girl from that school died...never knew her but she was related to a classmate of mine. Just wondered what anyone thinks of this.

Twice(when I was young and immature, teens) I have gotten so angry at someone that I wished death upon them(silently not to their face)....:cry: and someone in their family died...the 2nd time, the actual person I wished it upon did die imsad...I never wished that upon anyone ever again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Everyone has a gift.

I do not disbelieve. I know of people who are similar to you. I am not 'sensitive' to these things, personally. But it does not mean it never happens. But it could also be coincidence (if you do not want to blame yourself).

Peace :shade:

crimsontide06
12-21-2013, 10:05 PM
I do not blame myself for the last few sentences, I was an immature teen...

crimsontide06
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
a little morning...bump :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
12-22-2013, 03:31 PM
I saw 9/11 before it happened. Weird dream. Had it two weeks before the actual twin towers went down.

In my dream, I was walking down a road in my local area (in London UK) and turned left to head towards home at the end of the road. As I turned left, I saw in the sky, two tall buildings with rocket thrusters beneath them... I turned to the right and saw the London skyline, turned back to the left and saw the two towers in the same place in the sky. I was filled with dread. I woke up.

That dream stayed with me for a few days, plaguing my conscious thoughts but i didn't tell anyone.

Then two weeks later, while I was working in the publishing company, around 3:30 pm I saw the reuters breaking news flash. It was about the twin towers going down, saw the second plane go into the tower live... at the time I had a bunch of pro forma invoices in my hand, on my way to the fax machine. When I saw the second plane go into the tower, I flashbacked to my dream and dropped the invoices, and stumbled. It felt so surreal. Like even then I felt like "am I dreaming?"

Turns out, about 6 months later I had read that many people dreamed about 911 before the event, I was one of them.

Scimi

greenhill
12-22-2013, 04:49 PM
My son was highly distracted during one of his Qur'an reading classes when he was 9. I was told after the event when the teacher called the house to relate the story.

She told how my son just could not concentrate and made very slow progress not usually like him. He kept asking the ustazah if she 'felt' anything and she would brush him off and told him to read. After sometime, again mid verse he would break off and ask the ustazah a question, and it would be about her father. Is he ok? When did she last see him? and the ustazah said I just saw him that morning, now please read! Again, my son would break off, but this time said, something like he felt her father around them to which the ustazah became stern for him to pay attention to what he was supposed to do.

The class ended and she went home and received a call to say her father had passed away, and she did her mental calculations and realised that it was around the time she was teaching my son.

Peace :shade:

crimsontide06
12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
wow...that's pretty scary too ^^

Muslim Woman
12-23-2013, 04:29 PM
:sl:

never had such experience . May be it would be interesting to have some ' positive' dreams

Muhammad
12-23-2013, 05:15 PM
:wasalamex

I wonder if some of these experiences could be related to the concept of Firaasah, sometimes called intuition/insight etc:
http://idealmuslimah.com/character/m...n-of-firaasah-

And Allaah :swt: knows best.

Signor
12-23-2013, 06:50 PM
:sl:

I felt this article is more linked to what's been written here:

True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)
The most truthful of dreams are those that are seen at the time of suhoor [just before dawn], for this is the time when Allaah descends and when mercy and forgiveness are close. It is also the time when the devils are quiet, unlike the time of darkness just after sunset, when the devils and devilish souls spread out.(See Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/50-52)

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:

All dreams are either of two types:

1. True dreams. These are the dreams of the Prophets and of the righteous people who follow them. They may also happen to other people, but this is very rare, such as the dream of the kaafir king which was interpreted for him by Yoosuf (peace be upon him). True dreams are those which come true in real life as they were seen in the dream.
    2. Mixed up false dreams, which warn of something. These are of different types:

1. games of the Shaytaan to make a person distressed, such as when he sees his head cut off and he is following it, or he sees himself falling into a crisis and cannot find anyone to save him from it, and so on.
    2. When he sees some of the angels telling him to do something forbidden, or other things that cannot possibly make sense.
    3. When he sees something that happens to him in real life, or he wishes it would happen, and he sees it very realistically in his dream; or he see what usually happens to him when he is awake or what reflects his mood. These dreams usually speak of the future or the present, rarely of the past.

http://islamqa.info/en/6537

Alpha Dude
12-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I had a dream that three women were running away from a house as though they were escaping from someone. That day, this story was all over the news.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!